Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The best actors and actresses thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default The best actors and actresses thread

Figured i would start a thread specifically on your favorite actors/actresses without clogging up any other non-related thread. Found this on youtube and believe that William Dafoe is one of the best actors in our lifetime bar none. He's quirky and super talented with a great versatility and diverseness when it comes to his portraying various characters.

Feel free to add any actor or actresses that you feel deserve recognition.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Figured i would start a thread specifically on your favorite actors/actresses without clogging up any other non-related thread. Found this on youtube and believe that William Dafoe is one of the best actors in our lifetime bar none. He's quirky and super talented with a great versatility and diverseness when it comes to his portraying various characters.

Plus he thinks about murder ALL the time!

I’ve thought about murder many times. I have dreams about murders. I haven’t done it yet because I don’t think it’s my talent. I’d get caught. I’m the guy that if I’ve got some food in my luggage and I get stopped at customs, sweat breaks out on my forehead. I’m not the murdering type. I’m not a natural killer.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...der-many-times

Throwing in Daniel Day-Lewis before anyone else does:

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

/thread

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Robert Duvall.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Brad Pitt is a fav of mine.

Harry Dean Stanton was a goat.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

ALL women are actresses. The sooner you learn this...
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by orangehoof View Post
    all women are actresses. The sooner you learn this...
    jfc.

John Turturro. He plays so many roles. So completely different in each roll. Funny to serious to everything in between.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

Yeah, he's one that quickly comes to mind. I like Pattinson a bunch too. I admire the guy in There Will Be Blood but can't remember his name. I don't really like him though. If that makes sense. Kevin Spacey is also unreal but he's apparently got demons and hurts kids.

I really don't know names of actors and actresses, but I know what I like. I pulled up a top 25. I do like DiCaprio a lot. Also like Bale's work. Really like McConaughey's work in True Detective. Not a fan of Downey Jr. in particular. Won't avoid him though. Pitt was unreal in Fight Club. Hugh Jackman carried Logan. Bradley Cooper is a name I know but can't recall a film, let me look. Ok, nothing jumps out, but I've seen a lot of it. Pretty face but nothing remarkable. Clooney is decent, I really enjoyed him in the Tarantino vampire movie. Matt Damon is maybe my favorite, between Good Will Hunting, the Bourne movies, and Ford v. Ferrari, and also...ok, Damon is my guy.

Aside: just saw that there's a movie called Oppenheimer coming out in 2023 in which Damon plays Lt. Gen. Leslie Groves. I'm super intrigued about this. Oppenheimer is probably the only person about whom I've read multiple biographies.

Actors, continued:

Wahlberg - solid, like. Fassbender--??? idk. I've seen Alien:Covenant, but don't recall the acting. He's probably good but I've overlooked. Denzel - great, Liam N - great, Russell Crowe - yep, James Franco - my guess is pretty face, Cumberbatch - I'm surprisingly meh on him, Affleck - eh, Gordon-Levitt (who?) - oh, the guy who played Snowden. Ok. Also the Knives Out detective. He's aite. Joaquin - legit, would go out of my way to watch him. Hanks - eh. Gosling - love. Hardy - love. Renner - eh, he's ok. McAvoy - super solid.

Some other dudes I can think of not on the current top 25 rando list I found: Norton - baller. The fat dude with three names who died too young, he was unreal.

Pulling up a top 100 random list.

Oh, Nick MF Cage. He's also my guy, along with Damon.

Nicholson/Slater - this has been my prototypical antihero savior. Probably my spirit actor, but I always thought Jack was a bit too much of an ******* and Slater too much of a Nicholson-lite.

De Niro - meh.
    Pacino - eh, ok.
    DDL - already described. Held in highest esteem.
    Hoffman - he's good. Not my guy though.

skipping around

Always liked Duvall.

Jeff Bridges is another dude.

Oh shit. Clint. He's up there with Damon and Cage.

Tom Cruise has not been mentioned. Hm. I actually really like him and he's close to being my guy. The Scientology thing though.

Oh, Philip Seymour Hoffman was the three name fat dude. He could kick the shit out of some acting.

I'm a huge Peter Sellers fan.

Tommy Lee Jones is a hell of an actor. Needs more props.

Walken. Hm. I mix him up with BroncoNut but I think he's pretty decent.

Pesci. Meh+ He's a funny guy.

Javier Bardem and the Aquaman dude (Momoa) are also solid.

Depp: meh.

Murray - liked him in Razor's Edge, find myself hot and cold on him overall.

Sam Jackson - super solid.

Alan Rickman - love him, but not one of my guys.

Yeah, so perusing the actor side of things, I'd have to say Cage, Damon, and Clint. The next tier would include guys like Pitt, Pattinson, Spacey, Rickman, PSH, Nicholslater, DDL, Gosling, oh, and I forgot one dude who isn't on either of these lists who is a favorite who is 'my guy': Jake G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh shit, I also really like Steve Buscemi or however you spell his name. Damn he's the same guy in every movie but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

He has played so many different roles over the years… and he does them all so well…

Along with him, a similar actor in the diversity of characters he plays …

Walter Goggins

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Oh shit, I also really like Steve Buscemi or however you spell his name. Damn he's the same guy in every movie but it works.
    He dies in every movie, and this doesn't include any of his 46 performances after 2010. It's probably much higher. lol

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Arkie For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    He dies in every movie, and this doesn't include any of his 46 performances after 2010. It's probably much higher. lol
    I love that guy.

#nohomo

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

DDL is the best, goes without saying, even though I felt I had to say. Okay, now that that's over.

Denzel Washington
    Brad Pitt
    Javier Bardem
    I really like Ben Foster, he is seriously underrated.
    Woody Harrelson
    Timothy Oliphant

As for actresses

I guess you have to say Meryl Streep even though I can't think of but a few movies she's ever been in that I cared for.
    Scarlett Johansson
    Little known character actress Margo Martindale is amazing in every role she takes, big or small.
    I've always like Chloe Sevigny.
    Emily Blunt
    Emma Thompson
    Toni Collette
    Let's Rid3!!!!

24. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Collette is so underrated.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information