Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1379

Thread: Off Season Moves 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Inside LB is the least valuable position??? Lol who told you some silly shit like that??? That’s the fricking quarterback of the defense so it’s far from the least valuable position smh. It’s the most important position behind corner back on defense smh. If you have an elite mike who can actually play and has the smarts and studying work ethic you have an HUUUUUUUGE ADVANTAGE on defense
    Every player is important.

It's about value. You can find plenty of starters up and down the draft at ILB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post

Sure and just about all of them can't cover Gumby and if by chance they can...they can't stuff the run.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Sure and just about all of them can't cover Gumby and if by chance they can...they can't stuff the run.
    That's just not true.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Sure is in Denver. The last ILB we had that could, we let walk to Chicago.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

That's just not true.
    It is true!!! It’s very hard to find a complete ILB whose the quarterback of the defense and can play the run and pass game at an elite level. Those guys aren’t guys being found in any old round. Smh if it was that easy we wouldn’t still be searching for one, the last guy we had that was all the above was Al Wilson and then we had Danny trevathan for a short period of time. They aren’t just growing on trees like your saying. You can find some solid guys but they are flawed. Like jewell he’s definitely got the run stuffing part but he cannot cover and he isn’t the QB of the defense Simmons is.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Sure is in Denver. The last ILB we had that could, we let walk to Chicago.
    That guy is tripping, elite inside backers who can play the run and pass and quarterback the defense are not just growing on trees round after round smh.

7. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Yeah every player is important but obviously some positions are more important than other’s. So I’m
    Not sure what your even getting at replying with everyone’s important…… having an elite Cornerback, elite MLB and elite pass rusher is going to greatly improve your entire defensive performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    It is true!!! It’s very hard to find a complete ILB whose the quarterback of the defense and can play the run and pass game at an elite level. Those guys aren’t guys being found in any old round. Smh if it was that easy we wouldn’t still be searching for one, the last guy we had that was all the above was Al Wilson and then we had Danny trevathan for a short period of time. They aren’t just growing on trees like your saying. You can find some solid guys but they are flawed. Like jewell he’s definitely got the run stuffing part but he cannot cover and he isn’t the QB of the defense Simmons is.
    Who's talking about elite LBers?

And well done on defeating your own argument when mentioning a limited, late round ILB in Jewell who can can cover in short zone, run stop, and yes was calling the defensive signals before.

Don't look at the NFL for where the ILB position has been going.

At the high school/college level 240-250lb guys with speed, burst, and power get moved from inside to outside edge rusher and taught to rush the QB because no one gives a real crap about stopping the run. Why else did we take the most athletic inside guy and move him to the edge in Browning? The best way to stop the run now is to load up on penetrators along your front and ask those guys to attack the backfield be it run or pass not having a good mike who's still going to get clowned in the pass game for a nickel/dime defender.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Yup there are. Plus I have seen where McD changed everything in the past. Also that Vic and Phillips are brilliant DC but not so good at HC. Being really good at one thing doesn't make you really good at the next level.

Also it bugs me that Kuper was let go when he had such a good relationship with Bolles and was scooped up in a day from another team. Heck a lot of our coaches have been picked up quickly by other teams.

I'm trying to be positive but the "but" keeps coming back.
    I hate it that my gut was right. To have so many new people at positions that they are not use is causing growing pains that I didn't even imagine. I've talked to former OL players and they said letting go of Mike Munchak was such a bad choice. Kuper would have been a step up from we have seen this season. The fact that Klint Kubiak is the only coach on O that has any experience calling plays should of been a red flag. But I was being to emotional with our former staff.

Evero has been a great pick up and has done a great job with these guys. But I will say that Fangio had gotten so much out of guys last year that other teams would have let go. Browning has been a joy to watch, I hope he recovers quickly and fully. But can we keep Evero if other teams look to make him a HC?

The season isn't over but to get Russell Wilson and to feel so defeated just sucks.
    Getting Stoked

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I hate it that my gut was right. To have so many new people at positions that they are not use is causing growing pains that I didn't even imagine. I've talked to former OL players and they said letting go of Mike Munchak was such a bad choice. Kuper would have been a step up from we have seen this season. The fact that Klint Kubiak is the only coach on O that has any experience calling plays should of been a red flag. But I was being to emotional with our former staff.

Evero has been a great pick up and has done a great job with these guys. But I will say that Fangio had gotten so much out of guys last year that other teams would have let go. Browning has been a joy to watch, I hope he recovers quickly and fully. But can we keep Evero if other teams look to make him a HC?

The season isn't over but to get Russell Wilson and to feel so defeated just sucks.
    I often find it weird that when new HC's come in that often replace them with guys the like or know even if the previous guys have had success. For instance, if i were a HC and was replacing Hackett mid season or next year i would probably retain Evero because he is the shining light for this team this year. I wouldnt let me ego push me into thinking i needed to replace him.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I often find it weird that when new HC's come in that often replace them with guys the like or know even if the previous guys have had success. For instance, if i were a HC and was replacing Hackett mid season or next year i would probably retain Evero because he is the shining light for this team this year. I wouldnt let me ego push me into thinking i needed to replace him.
    That was one of the things I heard that you can tell where a person is by who he picks. That Sean McVay brought in Phillips because he knew that he needed experience and leadership in the D. I would guess that Hackett was trying to repay coaches that he believed helped along his career or are his friends. What I've seen with companies that too much new can cause so much chaos and that's what I was afraid of when I watched so much NFL experience walk out the door.

We watched a brilliant D coord that has turned into the current Godfather of D these days be a bad HC. It's a whole new level that not everyone is cut out for even if they are brilliant at what they did before. I got really concern when he wouldn't play Wilson in preseason with everything being so new to start working out the kinks. I was really concern that they had so many walk throughs at camp. Now I'm just bummed. I love my guys but it sucks for them to have real talent and everything feel so chaotic. Watching Simmons face after the game on Sunday broke my heart. You can see in his eyes that really is this year worse than last when we have Russ.
    Getting Stoked

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

That was one of the things I heard that you can tell where a person is by who he picks. That Sean McVay brought in Phillips because he knew that he needed experience and leadership in the D. I would guess that Hackett was trying to repay coaches that he believed helped along his career or are his friends. What I've seen with companies that too much new can cause so much chaos and that's what I was afraid of when I watched so much NFL experience walk out the door.

We watched a brilliant D coord that has turned into the current Godfather of D these days be a bad HC. It's a whole new level that not everyone is cut out for even if they are brilliant at what they did before. I got really concern when he wouldn't play Wilson in preseason with everything being so new to start working out the kinks. I was really concern that they had so many walk throughs at camp. Now I'm just bummed. I love my guys but it sucks for them to have real talent and everything feel so chaotic. Watching Simmons face after the game on Sunday broke my heart. You can see in his eyes that really is this year worse than last when we have Russ.
    Great post pn. My question is WHY did Paton pick Hackett? Why did he not pick Eric Bieniemy, or someone else?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I remember when this thread was so full of hope…. Sigh

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    I remember when this thread was so full of hope…. Sigh
    Me to Eddiemac87
    Getting Stoked

20. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information