Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves 2022

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Stats are an objective measure of production/results.

Your opinion of talent is not an objective measure of anything. It is simply your opinion.
    This is my gripe about Jaded. Wants objectivity, hates objectivity. Appreciates nuance, despises nuance. Takes extreme position, claims everyone else believes the other extreme.

Ah, Jaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Browning being switched to OLB.
    Is this good???
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Is this good???
    No.

This is something Vic or VJ would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No.

This is something Vic or VJ would do.
    I want Kay's take.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I want Kay's take.
    Good luck!

She’s not returning my calls!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I want Kay's take.
    is that what they're calling it these days?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    is that what they're calling it these days?
    it's a waifu thang

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’ve literally never put Dilfer up there with the all-time greats, nobody has, I just don’t put him down as someone who didn’t have everything a QB needs to win a SB. This isn’t about what I think about Dilfer, it’s what the general consensus says about Dilfer … the general consensus is wrong.
    This is fair. Just so you all know though......they are all still scrubs
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Browning being switched to OLB.
    Great so now we still don't have a ILB that can cover........Perhaps were just doomed to ignore Athletic ILB's and competent RT's forever.......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Great so now we still don't have a ILB that can cover........Perhaps were just doomed to ignore Athletic ILB's and competent RT's forever.......
    First...I think Browning would be amazing as an edge rusher. But with Chubb and Gregory on the team, we can afford to use Browning in both spots much like Dallas uses Parsons. Browning was easily one of the best LB's to come out of the draft last year and it was a shock to get him where we did. Most projections had him late 1st, early 2nd. But the draft was pretty deep and fortunately for us...he fell. But I absolutely believe he can thrive in that hybrid role. The problem was Fangio wasn't going to play him that way.

On top of that...we'll be in sub packages A LOT this year, so having a ton of depth at ILB isn't as big of a need as usual. Josey can play early downs...Singleton (very underrated) can spell him and is really good in coverage. And...I really don't think we're done. Wagner is still out there. Anthony Barr....etc.

I think Browning will be amazing as a rusher/off ball hybrid. The area of concern I have is bringing Brandon Shell in for a visit. But then, I guess Wilson is at least use to his inadequacies.

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    First...I think Browning would be amazing as an edge rusher. But with Chubb and Gregory on the team, we can afford to use Browning in both spots much like Dallas uses Parsons. Browning was easily one of the best LB's to come out of the draft last year and it was a shock to get him where we did. Most projections had him late 1st, early 2nd. But the draft was pretty deep and fortunately for us...he fell. But I absolutely believe he can thrive in that hybrid role. The problem was Fangio wasn't going to play him that way.

On top of that...we'll be in sub packages A LOT this year, so having a ton of depth at ILB isn't as big of a need as usual. Josey can play early downs...Singleton (very underrated) can spell him and is really good in coverage. And...I really don't think we're done. Wagner is still out there. Anthony Barr....etc.

I think Browning will be amazing as a rusher/off ball hybrid. The area of concern I have is bringing Brandon Shell in for a visit. But then, I guess Wilson is at least use to his inadequacies.
    You might be right, but it concerns me about Browning because he isn’t a big guy. Most 3-4 style edge players are hybrids. Small DEs/ Big LBs who are big and strong enough to set the edge in the run game. It’s one thing to dip/rip/or swim past a tackle trying to block you on a pass rush, it’s another to anchor against his run block and not get pancaked. I worry we’re gonna turn around and tell him to bulk up to play outside and rob him of his speed and make him a JAG… like we did to Walker where we took a good inside rushing 3 tech and forced him to cut weight to be an edge and all we did was ruin him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

I'm a browning fan so as long as he is on the field on all 3 downs in a parsons role then yeah good call, but if the plan is to have him outside or off the field while Chubb and Gregory rush on 3rd down and Jewell or singleton is trying to cover a RB or slot WR we are f'in up just like we did under Fangio. Singleton and Jewell are literally the same type of JAG for ILB lol. Hopefully Evero is creative enough he already sounds like he loves pressure so that's a good thing. We do still happen to have issues and holes at safety and CB to address though.....and don't even get me started on shell and RT.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    You might be right, but it concerns me about Browning because he isn’t a big guy. Most 3-4 style edge players are hybrids. Small DEs/ Big LBs who are big and strong enough to set the edge in the run game. It’s one thing to dip/rip/or swim past a tackle trying to block you on a pass rush, it’s another to anchor against his run block and not get pancaked. I worry we’re gonna turn around and tell him to bulk up to play outside and rob him of his speed and make him a JAG… like we did to Walker where we took a good inside rushing 3 tech and forced him to cut weight to be an edge and all we did was ruin him.
    Browning is the same size as Parsons (about 4 or 5 pounds lighter than Von, TJ Watt, etc and maybe 10 pounds heavier than Malik Reed) and I'd go so far as to say he is even better at the point of attack and setting an edge than Parsons is on running plays.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm a browning fan so as long as he is on the field on all 3 downs in a parsons role then yeah good call, but if the plan is to have him outside or off the field while Chubb and Gregory rush on 3rd down and Jewell or singleton is trying to cover a RB or slot WR we are f'in up just like we did under Fangio. Singleton and Jewell are literally the same type of JAG for ILB lol. Hopefully Evero is creative enough he already sounds like he loves pressure so that's a good thing. We do still happen to have issues and holes at safety and CB to address though.....and don't even get me started on shell and RT.
    I think he'll thrive in a Parsons role. If we had to go back and do it over again and I could have Surtain and Browning or Parsons and literally ANY DB taken in the 3rd...I'd do it just like we did it the first time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Is this good???
    Imo, it is if they put him there and leave him there. Moving around in college stunted his instincts, from what I’ve heard/read.

He’s literally the same size as Von Miller, he’ll never be Von but he can be a more versatile version, more like Leonard Floyd.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information