Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves 2022

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I said he played “amazing”?

I said he had a grip of talent, and he did.
    Btw, I have literally never “flip-flopped” on talent. Ever. Your problem seems to be telling the difference between talent and stats, I’m not burdened with that.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I said he played “amazing”?

I said he had a grip of talent, and he did.

A lot of QB's have a grip of talent.

Anyway, this guy summed it up nicely (even though Dilfer made the list at #4.

https://www.thesportster.com/footbal...-quarterbacks/

There's no nice way to say this, but Trent Dilfer is one of the most explosively mediocre quarterbacks to ever win the Super Bowl. Such a debate could rage on for days, hence why I said "one of." As is an obvious theme of this list, Dilfer was successful in this game because he was able to rely on a solid defense, which involved a young Ray Lewis. That defensive unit was able to force five takeaways throughout the game, with four taking the form of Kerry Collins interceptions, and ultimately limit the New York Giants to 152 total offensive yards throughout the contest.

In terms of Dilfer's performance, he admirably avoided throwing any interceptions and made a very nice toss to Brandon Stokely for his only passing score of the day. Other than that it was Jamal Lewis on the ground, rushing 27 times for 102 yards and a score.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    When you imply (not you specifically) that he is underrated that is putting him in a higher category than he deserves. Hate to say it but dude was a poor man's Kirk Cousins and was lucky the Ravens defense was all world that year.
    A poor man’s Kirk cousins is an insult to Kirk cousins because he want even that. Dilfer was absolute garbage as far as being any type of factor into helping your team win game’s. Dilfer had one job and that’s to not throw ints

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“Excellent size and stature. Gutty and courageous. Stands tall in the pocket. Big and physical enough to shake off rushers, and mobile enough to buy some time with his feet. Well-trained in a Pro-Style passing scheme. Very good arm strength and excellent touch. Has superior command of his arm and can make all the throws. Very good at dropping the ball behind LB’s and making intermediate-range passes. Does not have to set feet to be accurate. Can really zip the ball when situations call for it. Has the timing and anticipation to hit receivers on the break and in stride. Has shown amazing improvement every year he has played. Confident and almost cocky. Really believes in himself. Tremendous TD/Int ratio in ‘93.

Big, strong, confident and accurate Pro-Style QB who totally dominated on his level in ‘93. Will need to get a little better handing his emotions at times but has the tools to be a big-time player. A notch below Drew Bledsoe in terms of physical tools but is a more advanced player at a similar stage of development” — Joel Bushbaum scouting report on Trent Dilfer.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

A lot of QB's have a grip of talent.

Anyway, this guy summed it up nicely (even though Dilfer made the list at #4.

https://www.thesportster.com/footbal...-quarterbacks/
    Right, I get it. Jeff George sucked too.

SB winning QB’s are always the stat kings, otherwise they suck.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Jeff George sucked, Dilfer sucked, Cutler sucked, unless you appeal to fans irrational devotion to stats you suck. Kirk Schaub is better because stats.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Jeff George sucked, Dilfer sucked, Cutler sucked, unless you appeal to fans irrational devotion to stats you suck. Kirk Schaub is better because stats.
    Its not just about stats tho..... you want to try and make that argument but that isnt what im saying personally. I mean shit Winston put up great stats both for him and the other team but i still think he sucks too. But he does have a "grip" of talent. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Its not just about stats tho..... you want to try and make that argument but that isnt what im saying personally. I mean shit Winston put up great stats both for him and the other team but i still think he sucks too. But he does have a "grip" of talent. Lol
    Then what is it? He had the physical talent, he had the “It” (barf), he had the intelligence … he had everything but the Star Wars numbers. He’s a QB Coach, now, FFS. Parents drag their demon seed across the country to learn from this guy.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

imagine being a notch below Drew Bledsoe in terms of physical tools

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Then what is it? He had the physical talent, he had the “It” (barf), he had the intelligence … he had everything but the Star Wars numbers. He’s a QB Coach, now, FFS. Parents drag their demon seed across the country to learn from this guy.
    He had talent, he has a good football IQ but as a QB who could be relied upon to pick up a team on his back when needed he wasnt that guy. He was very mediocre when the chips were down. I mean do you really put him up there with the all time greats? It kind of sounds like that is what you are trying to do here. Im not even just pointing to the one SB, he was pretty mediocre everywhere he went.

Was he smart enough to play Bridgewater football to get a ring? Yea, sure if you want to pat him on the ass for that than have at it. But the Ravens could have done that with any number of QB's who had the ability to play conservative football. Thats all Dilfer did the entire year, it wasnt like he was guns a blazing and then had a bad SB. He was mediocre the entire year which again is fine but im not buying the notion that Bolt is saying that Ravens won because of him, thats just outright stupid as **** and nowhere close to reality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He had talent, he has a good football IQ but as a QB who could be relied upon to pick up a team on his back when needed he wasnt that guy. He was very mediocre when the chips were down. I mean do you really put him up there with the all time greats? It kind of sounds like that is what you are trying to do here. Im not even just pointing to the one SB, he was pretty mediocre everywhere he went.

Was he smart enough to play Bridgewater football to get a ring? Yea, sure if you want to pat him on the ass for that than have at it. But the Ravens could have done that with any number of QB's who had the ability to play conservative football. Thats all Dilfer did the entire year, it wasnt like he was guns a blazing and then had a bad SB. He was mediocre the entire year which again is fine but im not buying the notion that Bolt is saying that Ravens won because of him, thats just outright stupid as **** and nowhere close to reality.
    I’ve literally never put Dilfer up there with the all-time greats, nobody has, I just don’t put him down as someone who didn’t have everything a QB needs to win a SB. This isn’t about what I think about Dilfer, it’s what the general consensus says about Dilfer … the general consensus is wrong.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    imagine being a notch below Drew Bledsoe in terms of physical tools
    A different era, Bledsoe was actually considered kinda athletic during his era. Or at least, early in his era.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I’ve literally never put Dilfer up there with the all-time greats, nobody has, I just don’t put him down as someone who didn’t have everything a QB needs to win a SB. This isn’t about what I think about Dilfer, it’s what the general consensus says about Dilfer … the general consensus is wrong.
    I dunno, he's always just been a average QB to me and i lump a lot of those guys together whether its Winston, Banks, Cousins, Bridgewater, etc. They all have some kind of talent in some form but i dont see any of them being very good QB's, at least not without a hell of a lot of help like the Ravens had in 2000. Maybe you see more in him than i did but despite his football knowledge as a player i was never that impressed with him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Stats are an objective measure of production/results.

Your opinion of talent is not an objective measure of anything. It is simply your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Browning being switched to OLB.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information