Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1183

Thread: Off Season Moves 2022

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe
    Posts
    7,823

    Default Off Season Moves 2022

    Since we are into the off season now I wanted a place to put moves as they are happening.


    Field Yates
    @FieldYates
    The Broncos and G Graham Glasgow agreed to reworked contract for 2022 that reduces his base salary from $8.4M to $3.1M, with the opportunity to make $1.4M back in play-time incentives. Glasgow finished the season on IR due to an ankle injury.
    Getting Stoked

  2. The Following 9 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    26,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Since we are into the off season now I wanted a place to put moves as they are happening.


    Field Yates
    @FieldYates
    The Broncos and G Graham Glasgow agreed to reworked contract for 2022 that reduces his base salary from $8.4M to $3.1M, with the opportunity to make $1.4M back in play-time incentives. Glasgow finished the season on IR due to an ankle injury.
    Id rather have cut him, but freeing up 50% of his hit is good and needed.
    The Plan at the moment:

    Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

    Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

  4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    What does this mean for Meinerz?

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Id rather have cut him, but freeing up 50% of his hit is good and needed.
    Just saw this and went whoa, Paton is good:

    Steven Kriz
    @skrizPO
    ·
    45m
    The genius of the the Graham Glasgow restructure was Paton basically took his cap number to the same spot it’d have been if they cut him. If you’re gonna account for the cap space either way, might as well have him on the roster.
    Getting Stoked

  7. The Following 8 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Just saw this and went whoa, Paton is good:

    Steven Kriz
    @skrizPO
    ·
    45m
    The genius of the the Graham Glasgow restructure was Paton basically took his cap number to the same spot it’d have been if they cut him. If you’re gonna account for the cap space either way, might as well have him on the roster.
    Masterful move!

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Don't know who he is but:

    Denver Broncos
    @Broncos
    We've signed DE Marquiss Spencer to a future contract.
    Getting Stoked

  10. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    39,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Just saw this and went whoa, Paton is good:

    Steven Kriz
    @skrizPO
    ·
    45m
    The genius of the the Graham Glasgow restructure was Paton basically took his cap number to the same spot it’d have been if they cut him. If you’re gonna account for the cap space either way, might as well have him on the roster.
    Well... damn... That seems pretty smart!

  12. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    What does this mean for Meinerz?
    I've only heard good things about Meinerz and he was thrown into the fire with everything that happened. With him being a rookie I would guess he'll be fine and maybe get some more time to learn the finer points.
    Getting Stoked

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    26,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Just saw this and went whoa, Paton is good:

    Steven Kriz
    @skrizPO
    ·
    45m
    The genius of the the Graham Glasgow restructure was Paton basically took his cap number to the same spot it’d have been if they cut him. If you’re gonna account for the cap space either way, might as well have him on the roster.
    I know a lot of people give him a real hard time, but I am freaking loving this guy. Every move he is making (to me) is the right move or move I would have made. I do not think I'd have been able to resist drafting Fields, but that is also proving to me the smart move. I am really excited to see what he does for QB.
    The Plan at the moment:

    Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

    Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

  15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  16. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I know a lot of people give him a real hard time, but I am freaking loving this guy. Every move he is making (to me) is the right move or move I would have made. I do not think I'd have been able to resist drafting Fields, but that is also proving to me the smart move. I am really excited to see what he does for QB.
    Better hurry and get you an application if you’re making moves in your brain that an elite GM like Paton would make.

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I've only heard good things about Meinerz and he was thrown into the fire with everything that happened. With him being a rookie I would guess he'll be fine and maybe get some more time to learn the finer points.
    Meinerz sure earned his keeps. He did a fantastic job and was progressively getting better just like you’ve said, he was thrown in there and got playing time sooner than anybody’s expected it, but then again, this is the NFL. Next man up, and he delivered!

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    26,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Better hurry and get you an application if you’re making moves in your brain that an elite GM like Paton would make.
    Nope. Because if I was Paton I'd get Watson no matter what if I cannot get Rodgers or russ.
    The Plan at the moment:

    Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

    Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

  20. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    83,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Nope. Because if I was Paton I'd get Watson no matter what if I cannot get Rodgers or russ.
    I dont think any team is going to try to move on Watson until his off the field problems get sorted.

  21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  22. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    26,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think any team is going to try to move on Watson until his off the field problems get sorted.
    And apparently that is almost over with. Which is why the texans have set their trade deadline too
    The Plan at the moment:

    Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

    Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    DangeRuss
    Posts
    12,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    What does this mean for Meinerz?
    I don’t think it means anything for him. If I was a betting man, which I’m not, I figure the guy on the Oline with the most to lose is potentially Cushenberry. Remember, Glasgow has experience at Center. Cushenberry hasn’t exactly done a great job at Center. He’s struggled each season. They might be hoping Glasgow can be the starting Center.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  24. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 QBs
    By SmilinAssasSin27 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 558
    Last Post: 03-30-2022, 06:47 PM
  2. NFL 'Thursday Night Football' moves to Amazon in 2022
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-21-2021, 11:07 PM
  3. Off Season Moves
    By pnbronco in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1715
    Last Post: 06-26-2021, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group