Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 'We're going to get it right': GM George Paton details plan for Broncos' coaching search, qualities he's looking for in new head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

For the record, I don't want our next HC to be another DC because our problems are on O.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If he actually believed that Brady had starting potentual, he would've drafted him no later then the 3rd round. Brady is to BB what Davis is to Shanny, an accidental 7th round bullseye.
    That's what an OC is for

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

We're going to get it right: GM George Paton
    Talk is cheap. Talk is nothing. Show us some damn good moves!

5. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Talk is cheap. Talk is nothing. Show us some damn good moves!
    Umm Paton has made a lot of great moves from draft picks to contracts, restructuring contract’s, the whole 9. Paton has been very impressive as our GM he was clearly the bright spot on Minnesota front office because speilman the actual GM just got fired right along with the HC.

Nonetheless Paton is a great GM and has made lots of great moves and not a single blunder.. he will get the coaching hire right. And this franchise will be competing for championships as soon as next year ( at least the playoff’s) next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Umm Paton has made a lot of great moves from draft picks to contracts, restructuring contract’s, the whole 9. Paton has been very impressive as our GM he was clearly the bright spot on Minnesota front office because speilman the actual GM just got fired right along with the HC.

Nonetheless Paton is a great GM and has made lots of great moves and not a single blunder.. he will get the coaching hire right. And this franchise will be competing for championships as soon as next year ( at least the playoff’s) next year.
    You literally just said the same things Magnificent Seven did about the players.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You literally just said the same things Magnificent Seven did about the players.
    I have no idea what your talking about bro, anybody calling Paton out doesn’t have a clue though the guy has made plenty of move’s.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    I have no idea what your talking about bro, anybody calling Paton out doesn’t have a clue though the guy has made plenty of move’s.
    “ Talk is cheap. Talk is nothing”

You literally said the same thing about a Justin Simmons article, I’d find your post for you but I don’t want to.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I agree with Mag Seven. Paton has to prove himself with this coaching hire and QB search. If both suck, Broncos are back to square one, and Paton didn’t live up to his promise. With that said, I have faith & confidence Paton will get both right.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    For the record, I don't want our next HC to be another DC because our problems are on O.
    That’s my point as well. Another DC turned head coach= more of the same!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    ·
    8m
    Paton's Posse (Paton, Mougey, Kleine, Hurtado, Jackson, Smyth) held HC interview this morning w/Mayo at Providence hotel.
    Will interview Eagles' Gannon in Philly around 2 pm MST today. Then it's on to LA for meetings tomorrow with Rams' O'Connell/Cincy's Callahan (Zoom). #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Something to think about.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers in its history as an NFL franchise has only had 3 head coaches. Think about that, and they second to the Patriots in super bowl wins if my memory serves me right.
    Again, let this one sink in; 3 head coaches!

16. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers in its history as an NFL franchise has only had 3 head coaches. Think about that, and they second to the Patriots in super bowl wins if my memory serves me right.
    The reason is the same reason have been saying for a long time. QB. When you have a HOF QB or an elite QB you do not fire coaches because you are more than likely to win. Everyone is so worried about the coaches, but unless they are elite or garbage it does not matter. What matters and only what matter is having an Elite QB.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    It tends to be easier though when you have a franchise QB. For Denver they have really had one in Elway for which he was coached by 2 HC's. Manning would be the second but he was more of a merc and one coach bolted for Chicago and the other had health issues. Point being, i dont believe for a second that Tomlin would still be the HC of the Steelers if not for Big Ben.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The reason is the same reason have been saying for a long time. QB. When you have a HOF QB or an elite QB you do not fire coaches because you are more than likely to win. Everyone is so worried about the coaches, but unless they are elite or garbage it does not matter. What matters and only what matter is having an Elite QB.
    i totally agree with you. While they had Terry Bradshaw and Roethlisberger winning Super Bowls for them, they also had some crappy quarterbacks in between, especially before Roethlisberger.
    Nonetheless it’s an amazing feat.
    Our numbers of coaches we’ve had since Shanahan was fired is commensurate with the amount of quarterbacks we’ve had during the same time; that’s Cleveland Browns territory

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information