Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 'We're going to get it right': GM George Paton details plan for Broncos' coaching search, qualities he's looking for in new head coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'We're going to get it right': GM George Paton details plan for Broncos' coaching search, qualities he's looking for in new head coach

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — As George Paton directs his first coaching search as Denver's general manager, there will be no restrictions on the search.

The future head coach of the Broncos could specialize in offense or have a defensive background. That person could be a first-time head coach or be ready for another opportunity. The team's new coach could call the plays — or delegate that responsibility.

The only true requirement will be to bring top-notch leadership to Denver.

"The No. 1 quality is leadership, and we're looking for someone to lead this entire organization, to lead this community and to lead our players," Paton said Sunday. "That's the No. 1 trait we're looking for. Obviously we want the best football coach. I'm not worried about what side of the ball. I'm not worried about a play-caller. We want leadership, and that's our No. 1 priority."

Paton said the team will cast a "wide open" search and will avoid making a snap decision. From his time helping with a coaching search in Minnesota, Paton said he learned that patience can be key.

"Be very thorough," Paton said of what he learned. "Take your time. You don't need to be in a hurry. There's a lot of really good quality candidates, and it's really important to talk to them all. We have a small group, a tight-knit group we're working through that will be part of the search. Again, we're looking forward to it."
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/w...os-coaching-se

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

He’s saying all the right things. Excited to see what will happen and hopefully elway is nowhere around.

Way too young and green for my liking. But doesn't hurt to talk to him.

A pats tree guy.. nooooooooooooooooo

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Let's make it much more simple. Of the top 16 QBs in passing yardage, 13 are in the playoffs. Only one playoff QB (Jaylen Hurts) wasn't in the top half of the league in passing yardage.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 01-10-2022 at 07:17 PM.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    He’s saying all the right things. Excited to see what will happen and hopefully elway is nowhere around.
    What’s up with this hate for John Elway?
    I get it he had some big misses in the draft, but he also got us Von Miller. A team like the Jets , Cleveland, Jacksonville, Dallas, San Francisco, Miami, Buffalo, just to be a few, would’ve loved to have played in two super bowls, won one in the last 5-6 years. Just saying...
    Last edited by Strafen; 01-11-2022 at 03:14 AM.

12. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    What’s up with this hate for jong Elway?
    I get it he had some big misses in the draft, but he also got us Von Miller. A team like the nets, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Dallas, San Francisco, Miami, Buffalo, just to be a few, would’ve loved to have played in two super bowls, won one in the last 5-6 years. Just saying...
    Durant's great, but not sure his game translates to the NFL!

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Trust in Paton! This guy here man every move he’s made has been smart! He’s going to get the right guy and that right guy has to get the right staff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Trust in Paton! This guy here man every move he’s made has been smart! He’s going to get the right guy and that right guy has to get the right staff.
    I agree.

Way too young and green for my liking. But doesn't hurt to talk to him.

This is my dark horse guy right here. I love what I read about mayo as a leader of men with a bright mind.

I get it he had some big misses in the draft, but he also got us Von Miller. A team like the Jets , Cleveland, Jacksonville, Dallas, San Francisco, Miami, Buffalo, just to be a few, would’ve loved to have played in two super bowls, won one in the last 5-6 years. Just saying...
    They just don’t have much a clue what they are saying. Elway misses came from early on in his role as GM. The last 3 years or so elway has made some good pick’s. And yes he got us to two bowls and won one.

14 last super bowl winning head coaches, 8 offensive-minded head coaches, 5 defensive-minded and 1 special teams. So that appears to be fairly representative.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldenlove View Post
    14 last super bowl winning head coaches, 8 offensive-minded head coaches, 5 defensive-minded and 1 special teams. So that appears to be fairly representative.
    And those numbers are a little skewed. 3 of the 5 are the same guy (Bellicheat who had Brady). The other two are Tomlin and Carroll who (at the time) had all world QBs and high scoring offenses to go along with their defenses.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

His coaching hires, sans Kubiak, have been awful. The draft is what it is but there's been multiple, in hindsight, top shelf QBs that we had a chance at. The biggest strike IMO is Josh Allen who Elway should have seen himself in as if looking in a mirror. And the guy was in his backyard. For Chubb instead. Inexcusable, really, and fireable for just about anybody else. He's kept the team afloat I guess but hasn't moved it forward since Peyton left. He's run his course. We need new blood, new energy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information