Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I believe the term leadership gets thrown around when you think someone is solid, you like them, and you feel like the hire is safe.

Or, in other words, it is often a cop out.
    Broncos need the “Leader of Men”.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he hired three OCs in atlanta, and two of them were nothing special at all. . . and his defenses were straight up horrendous. . . how is that an "excellent" staff?
    Dogfish is not having it with Quinn today!

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he hired three OCs in atlanta, and two of them were nothing special at all. . . and his defenses were straight up horrendous. . . how is that an "excellent" staff?
    Shanahan is the only good one I can think of.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Winning is leadership juice. I know there is a distinction between presence and acumen, and both are important, but to me the more important is acumen. Providing players with particular facts and edges, nuances, the details that let them win their 1 on 1s or be in place to make the play, training them to operate in a great scheme...being a man with presence who commands respect or wins the hearts of players is also important, but the former is the more critical and rare. Still, even the high-acumen coach needs sufficient presence and soft skills for the hard times.

NFL players don't need a college head coach daddy, they need to be shown how to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Dogfish is not having it with Quinn today!
    I believe Bronco fans know it’s inevitable Quinn will be hired, unless the Cowboys do fire McCarthy. Right now, that seems to be the wishes of fans and local reporters in Dallas.

10. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Winning is leadership juice. I know there is a distinction between presence and acumen, and both are important, but to me the more important is acumen. Providing players with particular facts and edges, nuances, the details that let them win their 1 on 1s or be in place to make the play, training them to operate in a great scheme...being a man with presence who commands respect or wins the hearts of players is also important, but the former is the more critical and rare. Still, even the high-acumen coach needs sufficient presence and soft skills for the hard times.

NFL players don't need a college head coach daddy, they need to be shown how to win.
    This sentence is bountiful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Dogfish to Quin: You sorry. You've always been sorry. You'll always be sorry.

Quinn: Wait a---

Dogfish: I didn't ask you to speak. Your staff is garbage. They've been garbage. They'll be garbage. You look for OCs like homeless people look for money; desperately and with reckless abandon.

Quinn: I found-

Dogfish: Bitch I did not give you permission to speak! You found one of them! They left. They thrived. You died. You better go the **** on and learn to bother someone else's franchise!

Quin:......

Dogfish: I SAID GO ON!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

If Quinn is the final piece to get us Russell Wilson SIGN ME THE F UP!!!!

With Russ he will play for atleast 5 more years- maybe 10 if he goes Brady way (doubtful). If Quinn sucks he will be let go. Russ will stay. We have always had the QB that made the OC look better. Now if we are drafting and developing a young QB- then I will have more reservations about Quinn. But for now, for me, I do not care about anything as long as we get Russ, Rodgers or Watson. That is my priority #1. You can always find a HC or OC. We cannot find a QB.

Even as much as I like Pickett, I still do not think he will be a game changer at QB. He likely will not be a top 10 QB in the NFL. He could, but I am not feeling it. At this moment there is a possibility of 3 top 5 QBs available to us. I pull that trigger! In 4 weeks that is my all in move.

For me in order (depending on price):
    Rodgers
    Watson
    Wilson
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If Quinn is the final piece to get us Russell Wilson SIGN ME THE F UP!!!!
    He's not.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

He's not.
    How do you know?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

How do you know?
    Because the connection is so weak. You might as well be like "we could sign Hackett and then A-Rod will come," or just about any other. I have not been shown a nexus!

Because the connection is so weak. You might as well be like "we could sign Hackett and then A-Rod will come," or just about any other. I have not been shown a nexus!
    From what I read on the twitters Russ and QUinn are interested (maybe not to the same degree) as Flores and Watson.

Russ just said he wants to explore his options. Just said that- so he is on his way out of the Seabirds. He has a NTC also. So he will be able to choose where he goes. NYG? Yes, thats what his wifey wants. The team sucks though. Ours is better and maybe just maybe Quinn would be the cherry on top?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

21. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

How do you know?
    I agree with King,, dont count on Wilson being a Bronco man with or without Quinn.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Dog, you're on a rage!

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information