Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

Hell no they ain’t on rodgers level. Wtf? Who would legit think that I just find it funny how I see broncos making excuses for everyone else but do not give there own players the same.

Anyways. Rodgers should retire and live his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Damn bro rodgers can score 10 points against the team he’s now 0-4 in the playoff’s against and get a pass……. If you was drafted as a bronco it’s you suck!
    Right?!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Broncos want the HC who can continually beat Mahomie & the Chiefs. None of the candidates in this pool fit the bill. Paton has a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Broncos want the HC who can continually beat Mahomie & the Chiefs. None of the candidates in this pool fit the bill. Paton has a tough choice.
    That’s a tough call

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Paton is the one who filled the pool

He did this to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

I didn’t know anything about Gannon before.

The more I read on him, i wouldn’t mind him as the coach. I’d rather have him over Quinn.
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Only way we can hope for Gannon to pan out is with a good staff. Maybe he can be a good HC and empower players and staff to make it happen. we haven't had that either in Denver since the early Shanny days......None of it matters regardless if we don't address the QB, position significantly.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

After watching that playoff game, it’s obvious it’s much more about the QB than it is the HC, or OC, or even scheme. The most important things the HCs did was to decide when to go for it on 4th down. Neither team has called plays in their toolbox that say, “okay, the QB runs around in the backfield and buys time for 7 seconds while breaking tackles of D linemen, then throws a 20 yard flick of the wrist sidearm throw under a jumping defenders armpit to an open receiver for a first down”. I don’t know how many times last night I saw Mahomes or Allen just completely take over the game and become unstoppable. Of course, it didn’t hurt that they had certain receivers that were almost uncoverable, but now that the refs absolutely refuse to call holding on Olines except in the most grievous cases, and mostly only in the running game (no QB can run around in the backfield for 10 seconds and double-back twice without someone on his line holding, it’s pretty much impossible), you’ve got to have a QB who can exploit that.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Only way we can hope for Gannon to pan out is with a good staff. Maybe he can be a good HC and empower players and staff to make it happen. we haven't had that either in Denver since the early Shanny days......None of it matters regardless if we don't address the QB, position significantly.
    We didn’t even really have that with Shanny. Shanny pretty much ran everything. He had 2 awesome position coaches in Bobby Turner and Alex Gibbs, but his coordinators (and that includes Kubiak and Robinson - the guys we won super bowls with) were nothing to write home about. Shanny was closer to Bill Belicheat than he was some grand delegating overseer. He was a micromanager. He was brilliant and it worked for awhile until he got a little too big for his britches and started making terrible personnel choices like the Browncos and having bad drafts like drafting Lelie over Ed Reed or Willie Middlebrooks in the first round. Some I’ll even argue Cutler was a bad draft pick but I think he’d have blossomed under Shanny because Shanny wouldn’t have tolerated his poor attitude and would’ve made him a better QB.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...1-44bf806b635c

Down to Quinn, Hacket and O’Connell

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Give me O’Connell

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    We didn’t even really have that with Shanny. Shanny pretty much ran everything. He had 2 awesome position coaches in Bobby Turner and Alex Gibbs, but his coordinators (and that includes Kubiak and Robinson - the guys we won super bowls with) were nothing to write home about. Shanny was closer to Bill Belicheat than he was some grand delegating overseer. He was a micromanager. He was brilliant and it worked for awhile until he got a little too big for his britches and started making terrible personnel choices like the Browncos and having bad drafts like drafting Lelie over Ed Reed or Willie Middlebrooks in the first round. Some I’ll even argue Cutler was a bad draft pick but I think he’d have blossomed under Shanny because Shanny wouldn’t have tolerated his poor attitude and would’ve made him a better QB.
    That's fair but I was talking about beginning Shanny before the big britches and ego kicked in lol.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    https://www.9news.com/article/sports...1-44bf806b635c

Down to Quinn, Hacket and O’Connell
    Hmmmm interesting.....Hackett and O'connell for sure would be good. I think Quinn will be okay if his OC is a shit hot young innovative stud though.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    After watching that playoff game, it’s obvious it’s much more about the QB than it is the HC, or OC, or even scheme. The most important things the HCs did was to decide when to go for it on 4th down. Neither team has called plays in their toolbox that say, “okay, the QB runs around in the backfield and buys time for 7 seconds while breaking tackles of D linemen, then throws a 20 yard flick of the wrist sidearm throw under a jumping defenders armpit to an open receiver for a first down”. I don’t know how many times last night I saw Mahomes or Allen just completely take over the game and become unstoppable. Of course, it didn’t hurt that they had certain receivers that were almost uncoverable, but now that the refs absolutely refuse to call holding on Olines except in the most grievous cases, and mostly only in the running game (no QB can run around in the backfield for 10 seconds and double-back twice without someone on his line holding, it’s pretty much impossible), you’ve got to have a QB who can exploit that.
    Yup. Mahomes in particular turned several what should have been negative plays into positive plays. The defense did everything they could, and everything right, and Mahomes still found a way to beat them. You’re just not going to match that. So you have to beat teams like KC in other ways. And I think the main thing you have to do is beat them at the LOS. The Broncos need to get the best QB they can and then improve both the OL and DL. Because if you’re not matching KC at the LOS, and beating them there more than losing, you’re going to get beat by Mahomes almost every time. And there’s nobody in this upcoming draft who is going to become anything close to Mahomes. Or Allen. Generational talents, and Mahomes is probably the best ever.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information