Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1066

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

  1. #721

    Default

    I didn't know Halas was only 25. I guess the media didn't go back far enough when they said McDaniels was the youngest coach ever in 2008.

    Whoa, I just notice Lambeau was only 23. I don't even think his brain was fully matured by that point.

  2. The Following User High Fived Arkie For This Post:


  3. #722
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    13,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    There's not a trend of young OC's running the league; there's a pattern. LaFleur has Rodgers, but his play calling is top notch. Taylor in Cincinnati turned his career around the second he even had a decent QB (bad line in all) and Cincinnati just, unfortunately, bitch slapped the division. McVay is already a top five HC in the league, Shanahan probably is, too. Both guys got to SB's quicker than Walsh, Reid, and I think Papa Shanahan. Buffalo's best coach isn't their hC, but their OC. Srianna in Philadelphia is also an OC. Kingsbury has flaws, but he's an OC at heart.

    Denver just hired two defensive coordinators and shit the bed. Why would anyone want to go defense in the modern NFL in most situations? Just from a general approach, the league is what it is.

    In terms of youth: of course youth is better. You get dumber as you age and have to rely on wisdom to make up for it. Belichick and Reid are dinosaurs, and those are probably the best two caoches in the league right? Arians then, right? And once you move past them, you're not taking any blue hairs. You're rolling with youth!

    Srianna is 40. McVay is 40ish. Shanahan is 40ish. Kingsbury is 40ish. Tomlin was young when he was hired. Harbaugh was young when he was hired. Even on defense, McDermott was 45ish when he was hired, irrc. Vrabel is young.

    You want offense, and youth is better.
    They were crushing Kingsbury today. According to a bunch of league personnel, nobody fears him. His teams peak by week 8 and never evolve. He's too lax in practice and they dont build up as season goes on. Apparently a lot of league folks feel that way. Interesting discussion.

  4. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  5. #723
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    83,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    They were crushing Kingsbury today. According to a bunch of league personnel, nobody fears him. His teams peak by week 8 and never evolve. He's too lax in practice and they dont build up as season goes on. Apparently a lot of league folks feel that way. Interesting discussion.
    Ill probably get flamed for this but i think he still needs a QB. IMO

  6. #724
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    13,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ill probably get flamed for this but i think he still needs a QB. IMO
    He's like a lot of these rooks. Flashy and fun. Once the honeymoon is over and the big boy games begin, only time will tell if they are built for the big stage.

  7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  8. #725
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    33,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Who on the list will do that?
    We have evidence that Quinn might not be able to, everybody else has a blank slate. Who knows!

  9. #726
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Exiled in So Cal
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brittany Bowlen
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    We have evidence that Quinn might not be able to, everybody else has a blank slate. Who knows!
    The experienced guy came within minutes of winning a championship, but lets trust our $4 Bil franchise to the unproven guy that hasn't coached a down before in the NFL. Hell, many of them have never called a play in the NFL, but they have a better chance at success than the guy that already took a team there?

    As I said before, McVay is as much of an unicorn as Mahomes was. It just doesn't happen often.

  10. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:


  11. #727
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Exiled in So Cal
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brittany Bowlen
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    They were crushing Kingsbury today. According to a bunch of league personnel, nobody fears him. His teams peak by week 8 and never evolve. He's too lax in practice and they dont build up as season goes on. Apparently a lot of league folks feel that way. Interesting discussion.
    I agree with this, but honestly, I thought he would be fired no later than his 2nd year. So in that sense, he's overachieved.

  12. #728
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    only Von
    Posts
    33,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Who on the list will do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    The experienced guy came within minutes of winning a championship, but lets trust our $4 Bil franchise to the unproven guy that hasn't coached a down before in the NFL. Hell, many of them have never called a play in the NFL, but they have a better chance at success than the guy that already took a team there?

    As I said before, McVay is as much of an unicorn as Mahomes was. It just doesn't happen often.
    John Fox also took a team there. Unfortunately that's not good enough.

    Quinn had one of the best QBs in the league and only had 2 good seasons. And blew the biggest lead in SB history when he was in it. The evidence we have is that he's not good enough. Doesn't mean he's not a solid HC, but I'm tired of finishing .500 or below.

  13. #729
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    The experienced guy came within minutes of winning a championship, but lets trust our $4 Bil franchise to the unproven guy that hasn't coached a down before in the NFL. Hell, many of them have never called a play in the NFL, but they have a better chance at success than the guy that already took a team there?

    As I said before, McVay is as much of an unicorn as Mahomes was. It just doesn't happen often.
    McVay, Shanahan, the Eagles HC whose name escapes me, LaFleur, Taylor, young hot OC's doing well isn't a new thing. If you care about being proven, how proven were McDermott, Vrable, and Tomlin?

    Meet in the middle, how old was Flores when he was hired, and if he's experienced now because he already was a HC, we'd still be calling him a new head coach if Miami hadn't fired him.

    How do you even give Quinn credit for his SB run? His defense sucked and Kyle Shanahan made that offense. When KS left what did Quinn do?

  14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  15. #730
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    John Fox also took a team there. Unfortunately that's not good enough.

    Quinn had one of the best QBs in the league and only had 2 good seasons. And blew the biggest lead in SB history when he was in it. The evidence we have is that he's not good enough. Doesn't mean he's not a solid HC, but I'm tired of finishing .500 or below.
    I agree. If there’s something that needs to be instilled into this team, it’s how to win, how to finish games when you have the lead or when you have a chance in the fourth quarter

  16. #731
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    McVay, Shanahan, the Eagles HC whose name escapes me, LaFleur, Taylor, young hot OC's doing well isn't a new thing. If you care about being proven, how proven were McDermott, Vrable, and Tomlin?

    Meet in the middle, how old was Flores when he was hired, and if he's experienced now because he already was a HC, we'd still be calling him a new head coach if Miami hadn't fired him.

    How do you even give Quinn credit for his SB run? His defense sucked and Kyle Shanahan made that offense. When KS left what did Quinn do?
    Check out Horsepower’s post from yesterday, #666 (not kidding, it’s really #666).

  17. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:


  18. #732
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Exiled in So Cal
    Adopted Bronco:
    Brittany Bowlen
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    McVay, Shanahan, the Eagles HC whose name escapes me, LaFleur, Taylor, young hot OC's doing well isn't a new thing. If you care about being proven, how proven were McDermott, Vrable, and Tomlin?

    Meet in the middle, how old was Flores when he was hired, and if he's experienced now because he already was a HC, we'd still be calling him a new head coach if Miami hadn't fired him.

    How do you even give Quinn credit for his SB run? His defense sucked and Kyle Shanahan made that offense. When KS left what did Quinn do?
    I don’t care about the other guys. They aren’t on the list, so I’m not wasting my breath. Pederson, Daboll, and Flores were my initial preferences, but Paton isn’t interested so I am only trying to come to terms with who is likely going to be our next coach. Besides, for every success of the next young dynamo, there is a vast graveyard of failures out there.

    And all reports say Hackett or Quinn will be the guys with Quinn in a slight lead. Either one, I don’t care because I know Paton has done his due diligence, and I have no choice but to trust him. But Moore is not ready from what I have seen, and neither is Mayo & some others most likely. O’Connell or Callahan? Idk, but that’s for Paton to decide.

    If Paton picks someone else, fine by me, and I’ll support him until he proves otherwise. All I’m saying is that it appears that it will be either Quinn or Hackett, so I am just trying to figure out/understand how it can work, not fail, but that’s just me. Does Quinn concern me in some areas? Yes, but I also trust Paton to give him better players for his defense than Dimitroff ever did.

  19. #733
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    9,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Check out Horsepower’s post from yesterday, #666 (not kidding, it’s really #666).
    I read it. HP is a very smart guy. I was, however, unpersuaded. Mostly because if the offense gets the bulk of the money because it's your team's calling card, and the OC leaves and your calling card doesn't work, and your calling card as a head coach (defense) never shows up, at what point do you not get the benefit of the doubt?

    At least guys like Ron Rivera and John Fox--defensive gurus who at times had strong offenses--can point to their defenses being worthy.

  20. #734
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    2,156

    Default


  21. #735
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Another defensive coordinator. What could go wrong?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group