Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Educate me on the New HC options. Who do we want and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Cowboys certainly could fire McCarthy. And then they could promote either Quinn or Moore to HC. Which would possibly throw quite a wrench in the Broncos’ plans.
    Let’s hope so. Quinn is probably my least favorite candidate besides Bienemy.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Thought it was yesterday
    Saturday. Yes sir, you’re right.
    Dan Quinn is now going to be interviewed next?
    I truly don’t want Dan Quinn to be our next head coach. We have a young team and I love the drive an enthusiasm Hackett would bring to the team.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Should've hired Hackett before he left the building!
    Even if they did I don’t think they can announce it until the Packers are out

Kellen Moore was not impressive to me tonight. Especially that qb draw at the end. But for the entire game he had no answer for bosa and Warner smh. Two guys literally wrecked the game for Dallas u til they both got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Kellen Moore was not impressive to me tonight. Especially that qb draw at the end. But for the entire game he had no answer for bosa and Warner smh. Two guys literally wrecked the game for Dallas u til they both got hurt.
    I think opposite. Some of those hook and ladder plays. Wow. The one where they guy threw it out of bounds. Thqt would have been a HUGE gainer, maybe a TD.

I'm also fine w the qb draw. Dak should have gotten down sooner. Everyone blames the refs or Moore but it was dak that kept running. He ran for like 20, when 10 would've been plenty. Romo even said it on announcement. The play was good. Caught everyone off guard. Made it easy for an end zone toss. He kept running. He should have stopped. Kneed. Handed ball to ref. And then spiked. I also think the wr at the top was not set and would have been a 10 sec run off as he lazily got back.

For me, Moore was fine. I dont think he was amazing, but some of those plays were. Even the fake punt. My opinion is hes not at fault.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think opposite. Some of those hook and ladder plays. Wow. The one where they guy threw it out of bounds. Thqt would have been a HUGE gainer, maybe a TD.

I'm also fine w the qb draw. Dak should have gotten down sooner. Everyone blames the refs or Moore but it was dak that kept running. He ran for like 20, when 10 would've been plenty. Romo even said it on announcement. The play was good. Caught everyone off guard. Made it easy for an end zone toss. He kept running. He should have stopped. Kneed. Handed ball to ref. And then spiked. I also think the wr at the top was not set and would have been a 10 sec run off as he lazily got back.

For me, Moore was fine. I dont think he was amazing, but some of those plays were. Even the fake punt. My opinion is hes not at fault.
    Lol the hook a lateral and the fake punt was his highlights? He was worst than I thought then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

I had no problem with Moore’s play designs tbh. My criticism would be of protection, but honestly don’t know how much of that is Moore, Prescott, or just shitty O-line. But Moore was never a serious candidate anyway, so I couldn’t care less at this point.

The fact that Quinn’s defense forced 3 FG’s and got an Int. is the only reason it wasn’t a blow out by the end of the 3rd Q.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Did I miss some tweets, or did the local media clam up about the interviews with Getsy & Hackett when they were over. When Paton interviewed Glenn, there seemed like there was gushing and talk about how great it was that it went 4 hrs, etc. But after Getsy & Hackett, really nothing.

I suppose you can take it more than one way, but the interview with Glenn was probably more about getting his name out, and maybe doing someone a favor, for a future consideration, whatever that may be. However, he’s not really a serious candidate.

OTOH, since there was no chatter or gushing going on at all for the GB two, they are serious candidates, and no leaks allowed! Getsy is not a serious HC candidate IMO, but he may be an OC candidate. Hackett is the serious HC candidate, however. But I think we may get one, but not the other. Just not both.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Did I miss some tweets, or did the local media clam up about the interviews with Getsy & Hackett when they were over. When Paton interviewed Glenn, there seemed like there was gushing and talk about how great it was that it went 4 hrs, etc. But after Getsy & Hackett, really nothing.

I suppose you can take it more than one way, but the interview with Glenn was probably more about getting his name out, and maybe doing someone a favor, for a future consideration, whatever that may be. However, he’s not really a serious candidate.

OTOH, since there was no chatter or gushing going on at all for the GB two, they are serious candidates, and no leaks allowed! Getsy is not a serious HC candidate IMO, but he may be an OC candidate. Hackett is the serious HC candidate, however. But I think we may get one, but not the other. Just not both.
    That’s what I was wondering myself. Getsy appears to be an underdog. Aaron Rodgers gave him a big endorsement. Either Getsy or Hackett, would be fine by me. My other favorite candidate is Bill Callahan from Cincinnati

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I didn't hate the draw. They needed a yard, right? Don't think they expected it to part like the Red Sea. Had Dak handed the ball to the ref, they have plenty of time to spike.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I didn't hate the draw. They needed a yard, right? Don't think they expected it to part like the Red Sea. Had Dak handed the ball to the ref, they have plenty of time to spike.
    it's bad execution-- dak is a veteran QB, he needs to show better poise and situational awareness there. . . besides, at the end of the day, it's one playcall. . . i'm going to judge a guy on his entire body of work, not one call that didn't work out, even if it was in a high-profile moment. . . by that criteria, kyle shanahan was a bad hire because he called the pass that ryan got sacked on in the super bowl when they should have run it. . . kyle, as we saw yesterday, is a hell of a coach-- denver would be gawd damn lucky to have a guy of that caliber. . . everybody makes mistakes and blows calls, it's human nature. . . captain safe choice quinn has called just as many plays that didn't go as planned as anyone else. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post

Gushing over Glenn. I could give you a none PC answer, but it would offend some..

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Mile High Huddle. Matter of Time Before Dan Quinn is hired? Playoffs are watered down with the subpar teams added.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUNjRFYvQc

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Both guys make solid points.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information