Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buzz builds of Jim Harbaugh to Raiders

Default Buzz builds of Jim Harbaugh to Raiders

According to this PFT article, the Raiders will hire Jim Harbaugh as the permanent replacement for Gruden.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...gh-to-raiders/

Assuming the buzz and rumors are true, I'm curious to hear your thoughts and opinions on the Raiders hiring Jim Harbaugh? Just as I wasn't impressed with the Raiders hiring Gruden, I don't think hiring Harbaugh will turn the Raiders into a consistent winner or title contender, which I assume would be perfect from your perspectives.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He did well in San Fran for a few reasons. He built a running game and great line. He also got production from high draft picks who were busts/under performers. Could he replicate the magic? I think it is possible. For him the real test is can he get along with management/handle it when his team has to give guys new contracts. IIRC, that's what sunk him in SF.

4. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I didn’t see you had posted this. I just read it on PFT. Raiders would be the team to hire Harbaugh.

I know he could replicate the magic for a few seasons. He's been a winner everywhere he's been, but he treats his players like shit. He lost his locker room in the pros. I read somewhere he wouldn't even let them listen to music on the planes. It's crazy how the 49ers had imploded during his final season. He started as the greatest coach ever with three straight NFC Championships in his first three years. Despite imploding during his 4th year, he is one of the top 5 coaches by winning percentage behind Madden, Lombardi, and Allen.

7. The Following User High Fived Arkie For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    I know he could replicate the magic for a few seasons. He's been a winner everywhere he's been, but he treats his players like shit. He lost his locker room in the pros. I read somewhere he wouldn't even let them listen to music on the planes. It's crazy how the 49ers had imploded during his final season. He started as the greatest coach ever with three straight NFC Championships in his first three years. Despite imploding during his 4th year, he is one of the top 5 coaches by winning percentage behind Madden, Lombardi, and Allen.
    Good post. He's polarizing. Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and some of the veteran defensive players loved him. I think he's going to have a grating impact on some of the younger guys. But, at first before that message wears thin there'd be some magic.

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

We would be ****** if the Raiders get him

He should go to Chicago.

That sounds like the Davis’ thing to do. Their current interim coach deserves the job. No question he saved a sinking ship and has them in the playoffs. Why would you want to make the change?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

There are now reports that he's negotiating an extension with Michigan. And it's also possible that the Raiders keep their interim HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    There are now reports that he's negotiating an extension with Michigan. And it's also possible that the Raiders keep their interim HC.
    That's probably the smart thing to do for both sides. I was hoping for the Harbaugh drama in the Raiders though.

The Raiders roster has been through so much, and are in the playoffs by sticking together (and getting lucky). Why mess up a good thing? Ok if we lost last night maybe I would want Harbaugh. But not right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I hope Mayock goes back to NFL Network immediately. I have missed his coverage of the draft so much!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Allbright is dropping hints again about Harbaugh to Vegas with Fangio as DC.

Fangio is a good DC, maybe the ideal DC. You don't have to worry about him leaving for another HC position. It took him 60 years to get his first one.

21. The Following User High Fived Arkie For This Post:

Other “internet newz” has harbaugh interviewing with the Vikings. Crazy, huh?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information