Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Cousins

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Am I insane for still not being 100% in on Allen yet?
    He randomly poops. So, no. He's so gifted and worked on his accuracy to the point he's always going to be good. I dunno if he's a perennial top five mvp elite elite omfg murderdancer year-in-year out. But he's never going to be too far from top five.

Plus he's a big, strong, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He randomly poops. So, no. He's so gifted and worked on his accuracy to the point he's always going to be good. I dunno if he's a perennial top five mvp elite elite omfg murderdancer year-in-year out. But he's never going to be too far from top five.

Plus he's a big, strong, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
    It's always been his accuracy for me. That, along with yardage, is down again and the INTs are up. Yardage doesn't concern me too much. Like all running QBs, at some point the legs go. Then what?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It's always been his accuracy for me. That, along with yardage, is down again and the INTs are up. Yardage doesn't concern me too much. Like all running QBs, at some point the legs go. Then what?
    Then he stands in that pocket and Big Bens it for five seasons and then promptly falls off a cliff?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Not at all, it’s insane to be 50% in on Cousins though.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Fields is a better player/talent than many say here. Yeesh, I hated Z. Wilson and even I think a guy like him deserves another season minimum.
    Agree, they both deserve more time and they'll both get it. I just think that when people make the "but Fields!!!" arguments they should also consider the possibility that teams spent a lot of time scouting these guys and decided they weren't sold on them, and that often times they're right.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Agree, they both deserve more time and they'll both get it. I just think that when people make the "but Fields!!!" arguments they should also consider the possibility that teams spent a lot of time scouting these guys and decided they weren't sold on them, and that often times they're right.
    I am dubious (word to Jaded) in regards to staffs that would pass over top-shelf talent. Especially since we've not only seen a lot of great QB's slide in the draft, but one fell to you.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

This is a good post.

I liked Lance the most out of last draft class. After watching Allen, Wentz (and his resurgence, what a guy!) I am now more inclined to believe in uber athletic gods in modern football at QB.
    Two things on Wentz: one, I think Reich is one of very few coaches who could get what Indy got out of him; and two, he owes a lot of his success to Jonathan Taylor. Wentz was 26th in yards/game. He really wasn't asked to carry that offense at all.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

I am dubious (word to Jaded) in regards to staffs that would pass over top-shelf talent. Especially since we've not only seen a lot of great QB's slide in the draft, but one fell to you.
    I get it. But I don't think you take him that high if you don't believe in him. And even if you like his ability, maybe he didn't interview well or whatever. There were some rumors suggesting that about him.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Two things on Wentz: one, I think Reich is one of very few coaches who could get what Indy got out of him; and two, he owes a lot of his success to Jonathan Taylor. Wentz was 26th in yards/game. He really wasn't asked to carry that offense at all.
    If your coach can't get something out of a harder worker and more talented version of Big Ben, your coaches are bad at their jobs or married to their systems, or both. Just my opinion.

I'll push back a smidge: Wentz's WR1 is Hilton, who has been hurt all year. His tight ends are unremarkable. Pittman at WR 2 is bland, especially in a league where most teams with legitimate aspirations for the SB have either two great threats or a mix of strong three pass catching threats.

Taylor is the MVP imo, but he gets to run against fewer stacked boxes because of Wentz, even in spite of their poor skill position weapons. And Wentz still makes some nutty plays, too.

Wentz never truly fell off; he only had one actual bad season (I don't care the year he took an injured squad to the playoffs as bad, all things considered).

And it's time we respect that man!

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I get it. But I don't think you take him that high if you don't believe in him. And even if you like his ability, maybe he didn't interview well or whatever. There were some rumors suggesting that about him.
    I suppose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That’s the scary part, they spent a lot of time on Fields and decided TB was better.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

I got called a nutter too for suggesting they consider going after Wentz.

There were so many better options this past offseason than what they wound up doing, and yet, all faith in the brain trust because they get paid to make these decisions. Derp.

20. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...22-trade-rumor

We've all mentioned the possibility in discussions, but given the fact that there is now an article about it, I thought I'd start a new thread.

My take...given the likely options, sign me up. I don't expect it to cost a 1st, but it's possible. He's got 1 year left on his deal, which somewhat decreases their leverage. I don't wanna give up a 1, but realistically he's better than the likely options. He's no Rodgers or Watson, but if we can block for him, he's worlds ahead of Teddy.

Flame away.
    This may not be too far fetched. It wouldn’t surprise me if cousins is Paton’s ace in the hole. They may want to go cheap and go for somebody like Matt Ryan. I don’t see Wilson being a good fit for us, but then again, let’s see if we’re going to have a different OC...
    Remember, Fangio handpicked Shurmur and I’m sure there’s been some hesitancy to fire him. Scangarello was never given a chance. He had some good and dynamic stuff in his playbook.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m still kinda hoping the Raiders continue to hang their problems on Carr and replace him so we can pick him up on the cheap… he’s got to be one of the most undervalued/under-appreciated QBs in the league. The Raiders act like he’s their biggest problem.

I know, stay on topic, this is about Cousins. Cousins scares the crap out of me. I know he has the ability to put up nice stats (you can see them on paper) but he doesn’t have the ability to manufacture the wins. Does it make sense that a strong Vikings squad just missing a QB became a weak Vikings squad who stupidly overpaid for a QB who isn’t a difference maker and had to blow up the team to afford him? I feel the Broncos would be in the same situation. I guess many of our top players have already been extended but we need serious help at OT, DL, Edge, and ILB if we’re going to really be a contender and dropping a ton on a QB that puts up nice garbage time stats but isn’t really a game changer or someone who can will the offense to victory sounds like a terrible idea.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not really but judging by his issues in college i thought he would have flamed out by now. His growth has been tremendous even more so than Jackson in Bmore. But i do agree there are still some flaws in his game but i think we will know for sure in the next year or two but i do think Buffalo will need to take a big step forward this year in the playoffs. I know its never easy but if they go one and one or cant make the AFCG that wont look good.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information