Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dan Reeves has died.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

RIP, Coach Reeves.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Lots of mentions of the 3 SBs in 4 years and people forget we were a whisker away from 4 SBs in 6 years. I was devastated after the Sewell fumble against the Bills in the AFCCG. I was convinced we were going to win that ugly game.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rosebus For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    Lots of mentions of the 3 SBs in 4 years and people forget we were a whisker away from 4 SBs in 6 years. I was devastated after the Sewell fumble against the Bills in the AFCCG. I was convinced we were going to win that ugly game.
    That may have been the difference in Levy getting in the HOF before Reeves. The Broncos probably would have lost to the Giants too, but the Bills would have to wait a year to start their SB losing streak. Reeves would have 5 SBs to Levy's 3.

Maybe it was the next year before the Bills second SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    That may have been the difference in Levy getting in the HOF before Reeves. The Broncos probably would have lost to the Giants too, but the Bills would have to wait a year to start their SB losing streak. Reeves would have 5 SBs to Levy's 3.

Maybe it was the next year before the Bills second SB.
    That would have been to the REDSKINS. Not the Giants. First of all, Kubiak was the best BACK UP QB this team ever had and he nearly led the team back.

Two, I was personally a bit relieved. No way the Broncos beat that REDSKINS team that year. The REDSKINS were dominant and on a magical carpet ride that year. Couldn't handle another slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    That would have been to the REDSKINS. Not the Giants. First of all, Kubiak was the best BACK UP QB this team ever had and he nearly led the team back.

Two, I was personally a bit relieved. No way the Broncos beat that REDSKINS team that year. The REDSKINS were dominant and on a magical carpet ride that year. Couldn't handle another slaughter.
    Yeah, I realized it was the year after the Norwood wide right SB almost immediately after I posted. That Redskins team was unstoppable that season.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Wearing a suit on the sideline is a pretty baller move.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wearing a suit is no longer allowed.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'Dan leaves a lasting legacy as both a person and coach': Mike Shanahan issues statement on passing of Dan Reeves

After the passing of former Broncos head coach Dan Reeves, fellow Ring of Fame head coach Mike Shanahan issued the following statement:

"Dan Reeves was one of the most competitive people I had ever been around. Dan's three Super Bowls in four years set a standard and culture in Denver that anything less was unacceptable. Dan leaves a lasting legacy as both a person and coach. Dan's family was always his highest priority, and he still managed to be one of the NFL's winningest coaches of all time with over 200 wins. I'm looking forward to the day that Dan Reeves is inducted into the Hall of Fame. Thanks, Dan, for giving me an opportunity in the NFL."
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/d...an-issues-stat

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default 'The football world lost a heckuva coach and man': John Elway issues statement on passing of Dan Reeves

After the passing of former Broncos head coach Dan Reeves, John Elway issued the following statement:

"The football world lost a heckuva coach and man today in Dan Reeves.

"Dan was a winner. I owe a lot to him — he was instrumental in my career and growth as a quarterback. We were able to win a lot of football games together, going to three Super Bowls and competing every single year at a high level.

"With Dan, you knew you were going to be in every game. You always had a chance with him on your sideline. As the head coach, Dan was tough but fair. I respected him for that. We may not have always seen eye to eye, but the bottom line is we won a lot of games together. Looking back, what I appreciate about Dan is how he gradually brought me along to help me reach my potential.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/t...statement-on-p

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Wearing a suit on the sideline is a pretty baller move.

A guy who knows he’s in control. Kubiak carried himself in a similar way. We need that again. Not tweedle dee and tweedle dum.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rosebus For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    A guy who knows he’s in control. Kubiak carried himself in a similar way. We need that again. Not tweedle dee and tweedle dum.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kubiak-Reeves.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	19601

Reeves was the coach when I first started as a Broncos fan. He was a class act and I will always love him. I know coaches have to wear team apparel now, but I do miss his suit and tie on the sidelines (along with Pat's fur coat). Just something professional about it. Anytime this happens to a person that was larger than life in your childhood, it has an impact on you. You will be missed by many Dan.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Mile High Morning: NFL community makes the case for Dan Reeves' induction into the HOF

The Lead

Following the passing of legendary NFL coach Dan Reeves, who led the Broncos to three Super Bowl appearances during his 12-year tenure with the team, many luminaries from around the league are making the case for Reeves' induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Reeves' career spanned nearly 40 years and included nine Super Bowl appearances as a player and a coach, which ranks third in league history. He was also a two-time winner of the Associated Press' NFL Coach of the Year honors and is one of just three coaches to win a playoff game with three different franchises.

"Reeves deserves a bust in Canton," NBC Sports' Peter King wrote. "He should be enshrined for Contributions to Pro Football. A man who was the biggest offensive weapon on the first great Dallas team, who threw a touchdown pass in the Ice Bowl, who was a gritty piece of the Cowboys at the birth of America's team, who was a key offensive assistant on seven Dallas teams in the seventies, who coached the Broncos to three AFC titles in four seasons, who won Coach of the Year with three different franchises, who won more games than all but eight coaches in NFL history."

Between his contributions as a player and his legacy as a coach, there is no question that Reeves' impact on the NFL has been enormous.

"That's a Hall of Fame résumé," King wrote.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/m...ction-into-the

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's insane he isn't in the HOF.

But, Denver and the NFL...

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information