Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk 2022 NFL Draft and Quarterbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    It’s clear that Pickett just solidified his work. It remains to be seen how this performance affects his draft stock.
    Ridder and Corral are both ballers, that’s what I love about them, including Pickett, so if we go quarterback with our first pick there’s a good chance we’d come away with a good one; this is a down year for quarterbacks, there are no blue chippers this year like; Goff, Wentz, Mariotta, Bridgewater, Daniel Jones, Josh Rosen, Sam Bradford or the like. These guys are hard nose football players.
    Lol as I kept reading the names it started to click where you was going with this.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Nothing has changed post Senior bowl. Willis showed some rawness but also huge upside and will go high, Pickett showed he is still a top QB, and Corral will round out the top 3. I am perfectly fine with all 3 of them. Ridder is going late 1st or rd 2 and we would be fine getting him as well if we trade back or if he happens to be there in rd 2. I saw nothing worthwhile from Howell or Strong.

I said back in early fall it would be Pickett, Corral and Willis. Nothing has changed here at all. Those are your top 3 guys and we should have a shot at all 3 of them this 1st rd. I could also be talked into ridder as mentioned late 1st or 2nd rd and be fine with it. Ridder is not above the other 3 at the moment though, pre senior bowl scouts thought he was a day 3 pick, post senior bowl they are talking he is probably day 2 and could go in rd 2. I personally would be shocked if he goes in rd 1.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-07-2022 at 04:03 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I guess i didnt see that upside everyone else did with Willis, he was dreadful.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I didn't watch a lot of the game, but did he even throw a pass?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

He impressed in the practices that's where the hype came from.....His skill set is phenomenal but he is super raw out of college with footwork, reading field, smaller school etc..... A team will bank on him behind a vet though. Trey lance didn't play football for damn near 2 year and went 3rd overall lol......A team is going to buy Willis's skill set high hoping they can develop him. There was enough raving about him during the week that I doubt the game changed much.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He was 2/4 for 11 yds with an average of 2.8 yds a pass. He had a good run (ala Lamar Jackson) to end the quarter but he looked beyond raw in that game for me. Im just not crazy about drafting a 3-4 project in the first round and ive never been really sold on the run first QB's that have entered the draft. Im sure you can teach the kid to reverse the line of thinking but again to much of a project in my opinion to wasting a first round pick on.

The best QB's in the bowl were Pickett, Ridder, and Howell (even though im not crazy about Howell). Corrall didnt play and although i dont think i would mind him its either Pickett in the first or Ridder in the 2nd as far as my top 2 right now. Even that Carson Strong guy didnt look all that great and i know Chazoe was pretty hyped about him.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    He impressed in the practices that's where the hype came from.....His skill set is phenomenal but he is super raw out of college with footwork, reading field, smaller school etc..... A team will bank on him behind a vet though. Trey lance didn't play football for damn near 2 year and went 3rd overall lol......A team is going to buy Willis's skill set high hoping they can develop him.
    And thats fine, i just hope its not us mainly because i think we need a guy who is a little more ready to plug in play. IMO

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

And thats fine, i just hope its not us mainly because i think we need a guy who is a little more ready to plug in play. IMO
    Fair, But who knows...it is liar season.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Fair, But who knows...it is liar season.....
    thanks, smilin'!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Pickett stood out. So if the broncos are going to draft a quarterback it’ll be Pickett in my opinion. I also hope they take a good look at Desmond Ridder who had a good game and he’s the closest to Pickett
    George Paton was at the game and he was looking at those guys. He said in an interview that what he was looking for was how live the ball looked coming off the guy’s hands. The report also said he was very into it looking at the players. Paton was able to watch them practice and also interviewed them. He said it was important to know their personality, and how the handle adversity, especially after they throw an interception.
    Another thing Paton made reference to is he said about the 1st round talent; “this is a big men draft”
    Last edited by Strafen; 02-07-2022 at 04:11 PM.

17. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Yep, Paton is going line heavy this draft. I suspect we see 3 or 4 picks being OL or DL. Remember we won't have pick 9
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He’s a runner. I wish he was more like a dual threat, balancing the pass and the run more evenly than just run before the play even develops. For that reason I don’t think Willis will be a good fit. He runs well and can make plays but his passing skills leave a lot to be desired

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yep, Paton is going line heavy this draft. I suspect we see 3 or 4 picks being OL or DL. Remember we won't have pick 9
    Yes we will.

Yes we will.
    Bet ya
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

If we don't have the #9 pick, I hope it's because we traded back and are stockpiling draft capital to move up for a QB next year. When the best QB in the class is a Cousins clone...I'm not sure I want any part of it. Deal with Lock for another year and draft the guy you want in a much deeper draft next year.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information