Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk 2022 NFL Draft and Quarterbacks

Default Let's talk 2022 NFL Draft and Quarterbacks

For starters, the general consensus is that top quarterbacks go top-ten in every year's draft
    Not this year though, Kenny Pickett who I like a lot as the best of the bunch, if the season ended today, he'll go the Steelers at #12 according to Todd McShay draft guru from ESPN. And you wonder where would the Broncos be picking at? @17.

Here's where the top 5 quarterbacks, -again, if the season ended today- would end up

• Kenny Pickett to the Steelers at #12
    • Matt Corral to the WTF Team at #13
    • Malik Willis to the Broncos at # 17
    • Desmond Ridder to the Saints at #19
    • Sam Howell to the Lions at #25

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/i...-landing-spots

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've softened on Willis a little. His bust factor scares me. I'm coming around on Carson Strong.

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Kenny Pickett Highlights

Matt Corral Highlights:

Malik Willis Highlights:

Desmond Ridder Highlights:

Sam Howell Highlights:

Carson Strong Highlights:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've softened on Willis a little. His bust factor scares me. I'm coming around on Carson Strong.
    I posted highlight videos for everyone to see and get an idea who those guys are.
    Carson Strong has a nice arm, but he's a bit of a stiff around the pocket.
    Willis has a reputation for being a dynamic player and after watching some of his highlight I'm kind of intrigued now. He represents a new breed of quarterbacks that are having great success at the next level. I love to have him on our team.
    My favorite quarterback and the best of them all is Kenny Pickett hands down, but that's just my opinion...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I would like Pickett or Corral. Both are the real deal IMO and I would trade up for either of them. Its not a flashy media darling QB class and it has zero depth but there are a few guys that can absolutely make some noise in the PROS
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Also......I said it again and again we would need to lose games for Pickett not win them. I 100% buy that teams think he could go overall at 1. He just had a monster season, ticks every box and has very good character. It would be a upset at this point for him to not go in the first 3 picks. We need to trade up high to get either Pickett or Corral. Picking at 17 we better hope we get Rodgers, Wilson or Watson so we can go edge in rd 1. I do not think we should be drafting Ridder, Howell, or Strong in rd 1 maybe with a 2nd rd pick, but if we treat them how we treated lock its going to fail regardless as all 3 need development but have NFL skillsets and tools to work with.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...tt-Will-Be-QB1

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

There doesn’t appear to be much in the way of elite consensus prospects in this draft and the need will artificially inflate their draft stock. The key I think is finding the Dak Prescott/Russell Wilson of the bunch. The guy that’s gonna slip for whatever reason but has all the tools. If we take a QB high in this draft, only to not bring in the right people and not give him the support and playing time to properly develop, it’s gonna make me wanna jump off a bridge.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    There doesn’t appear to be much in the way of elite consensus prospects in this draft and the need will artificially inflate their draft stock. The key I think is finding the Dak Prescott/Russell Wilson of the bunch. The guy that’s gonna slip for whatever reason but has all the tools. If we take a QB high in this draft, only to not bring in the right people and not give him the support and playing time to properly develop, it’s gonna make me wanna jump off a bridge.
    Good teams do opposite this lol this, bad teams like us recycle and pickup mediocre shitty ass vets, sell them as the answer and then have to go back to the draft well, after said failure of shitty ass vet. Its Denver to a T, and no other team in recent memory has made a shitty FA QB work out in their favor. Somehow Denver staff and leadership keeps thinking its the answer though. That's why if Fangio stays as HC we need to just say f'it and trade for Rodgers, Wilson or Watson, fill our needs smartly in FA and see what happens. No way Fangio brings in some hot shot OC that isn't a safe call to develop a Young Rookie.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-15-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Desmond Ridder Highlights:

What are the knocks against ridder? He had nice highlights
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Good teams do opposite this lol this, bad teams like us recycle and pickup mediocre shitty ass vets, sell them as the answer and then have to go back to the draft well, after said failure of shitty ass vet. Its Denver to a T, and no other team in recent memory has made a shitty FA QB work out in their favor. Somehow Denver staff and leadership keeps thinking its the answer though. That's why if Fangio stays as HC we need to just say f'it and trade for Rodgers, Wilson or Watson, fill our needs smartly in FA and see what happens. No way Fangio brings in some hot shot OC that isn't a safe call to develop a Young Rookie.
    Oh I agree, the only reservations I have about bringing in another vet are their longevity (not an issue with Watson but could potentially be with the other two), and the chance that they won’t live up to previous production. Everyone loves big name trades/free agent signings but they’re just as often a let down to their new team as they are a boon. I think Rogers would probably still be Rogers, but I’d worry that someone like Shurmur would get his mits on Watson and ruin him calling a shitty game plan or that he wouldn’t mesh with the team for some reason. Maybe it’s just paranoia but I’m not overly optimistic that bringing in a vet, even an elite one, is the magic pill to fix the offense. We need better coaches, too.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information