Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk 2022 NFL Draft and Quarterbacks

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm drafting a QB in rd 1 this year if he isn't ready or doesn't look the part I'm doing it again next year. Drafting guys like Surtain is worthless if you don't have a QB this year is proof.

1. QB
    2. LT
    3. Pass rusher
    4. CB

That's how you build. If the team is dumb which we have been and relies on below Avg. NFL starters its really our own stupid fault as a franchise which is why we are here yet again.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Not surprising you don't trade elite QB's. Hopefully they Fire Carroll and Hire Quinn so we don't try and bring Quinn in lol
    Wilson won’t win another SB with Seattle. His time there has peaked. All the fans around here know that. NFC west is going to be tough the next few years. He needs to find a team like Brady did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

I'm drafting a QB in rd 1 this year if he isn't ready or doesn't look the part I'm doing it again next year. Drafting guys like Surtain is worthless if you don't have a QB this year is proof.

1. QB
    2. LT
    3. Pass rusher
    4. CB

That's how you build. If the team is dumb which we have been and relies on below Avg. NFL starters its really our own stupid fault as a franchise which is why we are here yet again.
    Lmao that’s not how you win. That’s how you become the NY Jets and the the pre baker browns. You would not make a good NFL gm.

Drafting QBs just to draft a QB. Surtain is going to be a pro bowler for a long time. To say picking him and guys like him is worthless is retarded. While fields and Jones haven’t done anything to look like they can be future star QBs.
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Fangios Meatballs View Post
    Lmao that’s not how you win. That’s how you become the NY Jets and the the pre baker browns. You would not make a good NFL gm.

Drafting QBs just to draft a QB. Surtain is going to be a pro bowler for a long time. To say picking him is worthless is retarded. While fields and Jones haven’t done anything to look like they can be future star QBs.
    Yes and no.

Fields and Jones are also rookies in their first year. Thats not me saying they will be great 2 years from now but its a little early for you to be writing them off because for all we know Surtain could end up going into a sophomore slump or worse. I dont mind the Surtain pick, i liked it personally over taking Fields. And even though the Browns continue to struggle its not all on Baker. Denver unfortunately is still looking for that franchise QB since Elway & Manning. Manning was nice to have but he really was nothing more than a merc for us that turned out great. Denver still needs to prove it can find another franchise QB otherwise it doesnt matter if we have 20 Pat Surtains on this team. At some point you have to try to get that guy, the only issue is you have to make sure the FO does their homework and doesnt reach. Some people think Pickett and Corral are scrubs but personally those two guys are no better or worse than the QB's from last year in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Drafting QBs just to draft a QB. Surtain is going to be a pro bowler for a long time. To say picking him and guys like him is worthless is retarded. While fields and Jones haven’t done anything to look like they can be future star QBs.
    No it is how you win. You get a Franchise QB first, then you make sure his blindside is protected. On defense you get a guy to earn double and triple teams and then you make sure you have a back end cover guy. I would make a great GM because that's how you do it and when done right teams win SB's. Think back to our last SB and tell me we didn't have those 4 things.

Surtain will be a all-pro but it does nothing for us with out a QB

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wilson won’t win another SB with Seattle. His time there has peaked. All the fans around here know that. NFC west is going to be tough the next few years. He needs to find a team like Brady did.
    Wilson hasn't peaked. Not even close. Seattle fans are dumb if they think he has peaked. Shit hopefully the GM feels that way then so he does get traded. I would support Russ here no questions asked if it was a possibility and didn't cost us more then a 1st 2nd and player.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I forgot you have to look amazing at QB instantly for Denver fans or your trash......In Denver its preferred to go with below avg 8 year vets that look like trash their whole career except for maybe 1 year on the field....Denver is there renaissance apparently......oh wait 4 tries later and it isn't.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

No it is how you win. You get a Franchise QB first, then you make sure his blindside is protected. On defense you get a guy to earn double and triple teams and then you make sure you have a back end cover guy. I would make a great GM because that's how you do it and when done right teams win SB's. Think back to our last SB and tell me we didn't have those 4 things.

Surtain will be a all-pro but it does nothing for us with out a QB
    Nope. You’d be a terrible GM. Too impatient and not understanding of the overall game. The reason I say this is this,

Anyone who watches football knows QB is the most important position in football. I agree we need a QB badly. But you don’t just automatically draft a player because of the position he plays. That’s leads to reaching on players and missing out on pro bowlers at other positions. You said we must draft a qb in round 1 this year. And if he doesn’t play well, do it all over again the year after.

You do that you’ll start becoming the jets and browns (taking trash QBs in 1st round over and over again). What if the QB class looks like the 2013 QB draft class. You gonna draft EJ Manuel with a top 10 pick? If the coaches and GM love the guy then go get him. But to say you must draft a Qb no matter what is reckless and not sound football strategy.

Btw
    We didn’t have the top 2 things you mentioned when we won our last super bowl. Just an fyi

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

I forgot you have to look amazing at QB instantly for Denver fans or your trash......In Denver its preferred to go with below avg 8 year vets that look like trash their whole career except for maybe 1 year on the field....Denver is there renaissance apparently......oh wait 4 tries later and it isn't.....
    Lmao
    You just said draft a QB in round 1 this year and if he stinks do it again next year
    Hahahaha

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes and no.

Fields and Jones are also rookies in their first year. Thats not me saying they will be great 2 years from now but its a little early for you to be writing them off because for all we know Surtain could end up going into a sophomore slump or worse. I dont mind the Surtain pick, i liked it personally over taking Fields. And even though the Browns continue to struggle its not all on Baker. Denver unfortunately is still looking for that franchise QB since Elway & Manning. Manning was nice to have but he really was nothing more than a merc for us that turned out great. Denver still needs to prove it can find another franchise QB otherwise it doesnt matter if we have 20 Pat Surtains on this team. At some point you have to try to get that guy, the only issue is you have to make sure the FO does their homework and doesnt reach. Some people think Pickett and Corral are scrubs but personally those two guys are no better or worse than the QB's from last year in my opinion.
    The reaching thing was the main point of my post. I don’t believe denver should use a high pick on a QB just for the sake of picking a QB. That’s what I was trying to argue. If Paton and the new coach likes the guy go get him. If not, I’d much rather get one of the top OL prospects. And hope a guy like ridder or Willis fall in round 2.

And yes it’s True it’s too early call anyone a bust and Surtain a future HOF. But they just haven’t passed the eye test. We’ll see how it goes for them. Lance was my favorite QB in the draft. He was the only guy I’d take over Surtain. I was upset when the 49ers took him

14. The Following User High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

What are you babbling on about? This team was pretty well set, they desperately needed a QB and failed miserably rolling with Lock and Teddy. Predictably, they finished with 7 wins, because they had a solid core with no QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    What are you babbling on about? This team was pretty well set, they desperately needed a QB and failed miserably rolling with Lock and Teddy. Predictably, they finished with 7 wins, because they had a solid core with no QB.
    Learn how to read and you’ll understand what I’m babbling about

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lmao
    You just said draft a QB in round 1 this year and if he stinks do it again next year
    Hahahaha
    I don't see Arizona laughing......In fact they are pretty happy they did it.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Wilson hasn't peaked. Not even close. Seattle fans are dumb if they think he has peaked. Shit hopefully the GM feels that way then so he does get traded. I would support Russ here no questions asked if it was a possibility and didn't cost us more then a 1st 2nd and player.
    No. His time in Seattle. There’s many mixed messages about staying, but fans feel he wants a new chapter/new team.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The reaching thing was the main point of my post. I don’t believe denver should use a high pick on a QB just for the sake of picking a QB. That’s what I was trying to argue. If Paton and the new coach likes the guy go get him. If not, I’d much rather get one of the top OL prospects. And hope a guy like ridder or Willis fall in round 2.

And yes it’s True it’s too early call anyone a bust and Surtain a future HOF. But they just haven’t passed the eye test. We’ll see how it goes for them. Lance was my favorite QB in the draft. He was the only guy I’d take over Surtain. I was upset when the 49ers took him
    That's fair but we haven't done a 10 ten pick at Qb since 2006 so maybe we should. Just because you don't like a guy in rd 1 because the draft experts don't like them doesn't mean a team cant develop them into a elite talent so yes you take the guy. You don't take Carson strong or ridder at pick 9 your right so if the top 3 guys are gone by nine then yes you work value but if Pickett, Corral or Willis are on that board at 9 and we don't take one were stupid.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information