Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk 2022 NFL Draft and Quarterbacks

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    The Kenny Pickett sweepstakes will be determined on the final outcome of the season between the Steelers and the Broncos. They both have 4 tough games left in their schedule
    I Highly doubt this, the Kenny Pickett sweepstakes is a who between Detroit and Houston is going to take him. Better shot at Willis then either Corral or Pickett. Throw the Giants into the QB mix as well a New GM majority of the time brings a very high probability that he wants his own shiny new QB as well.

Only way Pickett doesn't go that high is if he interviews horribly, and has a shitty combine/pro day. I don't even think a bad bowl game would knock him down far at this point. I will conceded its always possible that happens to. Pickett however holds his own future in his hands, he is going to one of those top 2 teams if they don't trade back, if he has a good pre draft season. His tape this season is that good.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I Highly doubt this, the Kenny Pickett sweepstakes is a who between Detroit and Houston is going to take him. Better shot at Willis then either Corral or Pickett. Throw the Giants into the QB mix as well a New GM majority of the time brings a very high probability that he wants his own shiny new QB as well.

Only way Pickett doesn't go that high is if he interviews horribly, and has a shitty combine/pro day. I don't even think a bad bowl game would knock him down far at this point. I will conceded its always possible that happens to. Pickett however holds his own future in his hands, he is going to one of those top 2 teams if they don't trade back, if he has a good pre draft season. His tape this season is that good.
    Nobody has Pickett going in the first 10 picks, that’s what I’m trying to tell you.
    I’m not sure if I’m more pissed that we didn’t get Mac Jones or that we let New England have him and thus setting them up with their QBOTF

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

QB's stock always rise in the draft. These are all the teams needing QB's that will likely draft ahead of Denver that will make sure none of those guys is available at whatever pick Denver winds up with. Texans, Lions, NYG, WFT, Seattle (Especially if they are ready to move on from Russ), Vikings, Panthers, Saints. All those teams could be in the market. Throw Atlanta in there too. This QB class already sucks and there is no way a blue chip falls past all those teams to Denver.

Once again why Paton passing on Fields/Jones was idiotic.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Nobody has Pickett going in the first 10 picks, that’s what I’m trying to tell you.
    I’m not sure if I’m more pissed that we didn’t get Mac Jones or that we let New England have him and thus setting them up with their QBOTF
    False a number of NFL team sources, scouts and even some NFL scouting directors are on record saying he will not only be 1st but will most likely go 1st overall.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-16-2021 at 04:19 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    QB's stock always rise in the draft. These are all the teams needing QB's that will likely draft ahead of Denver that will make sure none of those guys is available at whatever pick Denver winds up with. Texans, Lions, NYG, WFT, Seattle (Especially if they are ready to move on from Russ), Vikings, Panthers, Saints. All those teams could be in the market. Throw Atlanta in there too. This QB class already sucks and there is no way a blue chip falls past all those teams to Denver.

Once again why Paton passing on Fields/Jones was idiotic.

This is such a overhyped media narrative simply because there is no QB eligible from Ohio state or Alabama. There are 3 top 12 Qb's, 1 of who is raw and will need some Trey lance type development in Willis. Then there are a couple options that could surprise in Strong and Ridder especially if ridder balls out against Alabama.

This is a better top 5 class then both 2017 and 2018. Granted there is no Deshaun Watson on paper, but Mahomes was the epitome of a prospect no media hack had going high. Allen had the highest celling of the 2018 class. but are we really gonna sit here and say this class doesn't have guys better then Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Trubisky and Kizer? Get the outta here Or hell even guys like Haskins for that matter. Its such a BS narrative that this class sucks it lacks depth for sure its not deep at all you got a shot at about 5 guys and that's it. There is no 3rd rd or 4th rd hidden gem in this class. Pickett and Corral are the real deal for what you would want in a QB prospect though. Willis has elite skills but is raw, and 100% you could get a Derek Carr type QB in Ridder or even Strong if he stays healthy.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Is this weird?

“I am incredibly proud to say I was a part of the team that brought back another trophy to the City of Champions,” Pickett said in his statement. “With love and gratitude, I have decided to forgo the Peach Bowl and begin training for the 2022 NFL Draft.”

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not really.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Is this weird?
    As north stated not really more and more players are opting out of bowls unless its the CFP to avoid injury. In fact this tells me the people surrounding him think he is going high and he should not only prepare but make sure doesn't get hurt.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    As north stated not really more and more players are opting out of bowls unless its the CFP to avoid injury. In fact this tells me the people surrounding him think he is going high and he should not only prepare but make sure doesn't get hurt.
    Yep, his stock is high and now its about getting paid for his trade so the bowl game is pretty useless at this point in his life. Now its just about prepping himself for the combine, interviews, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Is this weird?
    It used to be taboo, it’s SOP now.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I've softened on Willis a little. His bust factor scares me. I'm coming around on Carson Strong.
    I love Willis.

Also warming up to Strong, however, he’s not mobile whatsoever and I’m hoping for a more modern QB and offense.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love Willis.

Also warming up to Strong, however, he’s not mobile whatsoever and I’m hoping for a more modern QB and offense.
    Just hearsay, but I have heard he is more mobile than he's shown this year, his OL is terrible and he's still hampered by a knee that is not yet 100%. When healthy, the rumor is that he's more mobile than he's shown this year.

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Is this weird?
    He probably doesn’t want to risk an injury

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Just hearsay, but I have heard he is more mobile than he's shown this year, his OL is terrible and he's still hampered by a knee that is not yet 100%. When healthy, the rumor is that he's more mobile than he's shown this year.
    Could be true, I’m going off of older games on YouTube.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Could be true, I’m going off of older games on YouTube.
    I like the cut of his jib. I also like Kenny Pickett in the same way. Tough guys not afraid to take a hit and able to throw in the face of a defender about to knock their block off. Old school tough. I like that. I wish Pickett could hAve flew under the radar for longer, I think he's out of our reach now.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information