Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos issues ranked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Broncos issues ranked.

Just my opinion obviously but if I had to rank the Broncos issues this is how I would do so.

1. Teddy

2. Shurmer

3. Fangio

Teddy to me is problem number one. He is so limited in talent as well as willingness to take any risk that he just stunts the offense dramatically. We just signed 2 phenomenal WRs to extensions, and rightfully so because they are fantastic, yet Teddy lacks the ability to get them the ball in any kind of meaningful way. His tendency to throw the ball short of the sticks in almost every situation is astounding. He is the epitome of placeholder QB, he does nothing that would be considered dynamic. He's not the worst QB we've had since Orton but he sure seems like the most hopeless one since him.

Shurmer is a shit playcaller, he just is. I have zero faith in his ability to help develop a QB. This was not a good hire. There really isn't a lot to go on about this one, seems universal that we all dislike his offense.

Fangio is not a great HC but I also think he is the least damaging of our three biggest issues. His challenges and time management are laughably bad. His decisions at the end of games and halves are downright cringe-worthy. However, the main thing he controls, the defense, has been really good. Fangio's defense is almost always prepared and hungry, with a couple of exceptions sure. I think if we fixed issue one and two Fangio could end up looking like a pretty good HC. Please don't take this as an endorsement or as me saying we should keep him, just that I wholeheartedly believe the other two issues are much worse.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Shitwater needs to go. That’s a fact.

I’d rather have old ass Ryan Fitzpatrick
    They don’t make real men anymore

All of the above

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Just my opinion obviously but if I had to rank the Broncos issues this is how I would do so.

1. Teddy

2. Shurmer

3. Fangio

Tell me where I'm wrong.
    I'd put our ST coach ahead of Fangio.

6. The Following 11 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd put our ST coach ahead of Fangio.
    I definitely thought about that. To be fair, there's been some improvement in recent weeks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

The Teddy situation will take care of itself. He will want starter money($20+mil), and he’ll prolly get it from someone. If Sean Peyton can win some games with Trevor Seimian, he surely will consider someone like TBW. Also, the Texans just may be desperate enough to throw a lot of money at him.

Shurmur has to go. Period.

McMahon (ST’s) must go no matter what.

Fangio, it just depends. I think if the Broncos win 3 of the next 4, and make the playoffs, there is a good chance he’s retained. If not, then he’s probably gone. Also, Paton may consider who’s available before he makes a decision.
    If he is retained, then he MUST agree to fire Shurmur. If he refuses, then Fangio gets fired. That’s the way it works.

Hard to tell sometimes, but many of the position coaches are pretty good, and just may be blamed for his boss’s bad schemes. For example, is it Azanni’s (WR coach) fault Shurmur & Teddy won’t throw the ball to Sutton & Jeudy? Same with TE’s coach, etc.
    Is it ILB’s coach’s fault that the Broncos FO refusing to spend a high pick on his position?

Coaches that should be retained, although it will be the new HC’s decision, includes:
    Munchak/Kuper
    Kollar
    Modkins
    Azzanni. WR’s Maybe?
    Herring ILBers Maybe?

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

I agree with the list but I would have it the other way around.

Teddy didn't hold a gun to anyone's head forcing them to trade for him, start him, and continue to start him after his performances.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

1. Ownership
    2. QB
    3. Offensive Coordinator
    4. Special Teams Coordinator
    5. Head Coach

If we can take care of 1 and 2 especially (Manning ownership group and Russell Wilson PLEASE!) I think the other things take care of themselves. The common denominator of all the "good" teams right now is having a great or elite QB and a stable organizational structure that allows for systems and culture to develop. This rest of this season is going to form many offseason decisions, so this list is subject to change!

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    1. Ownership
    2. QB
    3. Offensive Coordinator
    4. Special Teams Coordinator
    5. Head Coach

If we can take care of 1 and 2 especially (Manning ownership group and Russell Wilson PLEASE!) I think the other things take care of themselves. The common denominator of all the "good" teams right now is having a great or elite QB and a stable organizational structure that allows for systems and culture to develop. This rest of this season is going to form many offseason decisions, so this list is subject to change!
    As usual you are right. I wasn't thinking big picture enough when I left off ownership.
    Last edited by Davii; 12-19-2021 at 09:52 AM.

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

As usual you are right. I wasn't thinking big picture enough when I left off ownership.
    No you weren't thinking, you piece of shit!

lol
    Last edited by Davii; 12-19-2021 at 09:52 AM.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    No you weren't thinking, you piece of shit!

lol
    Post reported.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Post reported.
    Reporting your posting on reporting a post….

QB and OC are the. OST glaring need on the field.

Ownership in the big picture for sure….

And like someone said…if the HC doesn’t go along with these changes…. Him too.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

shake, just buying a thread for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Folks like to compare Bitchwater to Orton. Orton had an NFL arm. Orton got stuck on one of the most talentless offenses in the league thanks to McDaniels trying to recycle New England’s old trash. Remember, his top two WRs were Lloyd and Gaffney FFS. DT and Decker were rookies in Orton’s last season starting. Our offensive line was at an all time low, talent wise (except Clady) and the defense was pretty terrible.

I’d venture to say that Orton would be doing much better right now, on this team, than Bitchwater. I hated Orton as our QB but the dude could throw the football and wasn’t a check down machine. He had shit for mobility and was the “fainting goat” but if I had to choose right now, I take Orton every day all day. He was actually better in a Broncos uni than Bitchwater, Keesum, and Fucco.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 12-14-2021 at 05:59 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

1 - Ownership.

2 - HC.

3 - QB.

4 - Chazoe.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information