Thread: "We have standards" Texans Waive ILB Zach Cunningham

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default "We have standards" Texans Waive ILB Zach Cunningham

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...on-per-report/

Last year's leader in tackles is the latest Texans veteran to get the axe.

Must have been late to Bible Study...
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Gotta love The Cheatriots Way disciples.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Gotta love The Cheatriots Way disciples.
    Article makes it sound like Texans HC Culley made the decision and he isn't Belichick disciple. Moreover, neither Culley nor Caserio were involved in decision to extend Cunningham, so they don't have a vested interest in him. Not going to even attempt to justify or defend O'Brien's actions as GM and/or coach because they can't be done.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Article makes it sound like Texans HC Culley made the decision and he isn't Belichick disciple. Moreover, neither Culley nor Caserio were involved in decision to extend Cunningham, so they don't have a vested interest in him. Not going to even attempt to justify or defend O'Brien's actions as GM and/or coach because they can't be done.
    Ok, Bud.

I like how you paint the decision to extend Cunningham as a bad thing, dude is a tackle machine and the contract reflected that

Don’t be the typical myopic Cheatriots fan, the failure here is a typical Cheatriots disciple trying to recreate whatever the **** Is going on in New England by getting rid of a teams best players.

There’s a reason why Deshaun Watson wanted out instantly, and it’s not David Culley, it’s the stench that follows everybody that comes from your team.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Cheatriots disciples are like Moneyball disciples … except with nonstop cheating.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Ok, Bud.

I like how you paint the decision to extend Cunningham as a bad thing, dude is a tackle machine and the contract reflected that.
    I wasn't painting the decision as good or bad because I don't and haven't followed the Texans and have no idea why Cunningham was released other than what Culley's statements were in the article. I know Cunningham used to be a tackling machine because he was one of my IDPs on my fantasy football team during one of the recent seasons and gave me good steady points every week.

Don’t be the typical myopic Cheatriots fan, the failure here is a typical Cheatriots disciple trying to recreate whatever the **** Is going on in New England by getting rid of a teams best players.
    You can believe what you want, but I am not defending Caserio. I merely pointed out that the article makes it sound like Culley made the decision to release Cunningham. There is not one quote from Caserio regarding the release of Cunningham or any reasoning for his relief. The only quotes are all from Culley and why he released/wanted to release Cunningham. I understand that as the GM, Caserio ultimately made the decision to release Cunningham. However, if/when a new coach (not a lame duck coach) feels and says he wants player X released because the player doesn't follow, believe and/or fit with the scheme and/or culture the coach is trying to build, I suspect and believe that essentially every NFL GM will do so. With that being said, I have absolutely no interest in Caserio or his success, so I don't care if you want to blame every bad decision by the Texans organization, Deshaun Watson's alleged criminal sexual conduct, global warming, droughts, civil unrest, the Broncos struggles, etc. on Caserio. Fire away.

There’s a reason why Deshaun Watson wanted out instantly, and it’s not David Culley, it’s the stench that follows everybody that comes from your team.
    IMHO, Deshaw Watson wanted out even before Caserio was hired and became the Texans GM. Deshaun Watson wanted out because Bill O'Brien and the entire Texans organization, from the owner down through the front office and coaching staff was and is still a joke and completely inept. You seem to believe or feel that Culley will be successful as the Texans HC, but from the few games or portions of Texans games I have seen, I haven't seen anything to support that belief. You may watch more Texans games than I do and/or you may know about Culley's previous coaching job(s) that leads you to your belief that Culley will be a successful NFL HC and I will defer to you because I know nothing about him other than what I have seen this season.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information