Kendall Hinton!

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Statement from Joe Ellis.

Thanks for the great stewardship, Joe!

STATEMENT FROM JOE ELLIS:

“Congratulations to the Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group on today’s unanimous league approval for their purchase of the Denver Broncos!

“As I step down as President & CEO, it has been the honor and privilege of a lifetime to be part of the Denver Broncos for 27 seasons. I am forever thankful to our dedicated staff, the players and coaches for making this franchise what it has become today—one of the best organizations in all of sports.

“There are no words to express the gratitude I have toward Pat Bowlen for his trust, friendship and the responsibility to serve the Broncos and this community for nearly three decades. Pat’s legacy of winning, doing things the right way and giving back is unmatched. He is a Pro Football Hall of Famer in every sense for what he has meant to this organization and the National Football League.

“To Broncos Country: From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Your passion and loyalty, especially through the challenges we’ve faced over the last few years, are what make the Broncos so special. You are truly the best fans in the NFL and deserve many, many more Super Bowls.

“Most of all, I want to thank my wife Ann, daughter Catherine, and sons Si and Zander for their unwavering (mostly!) support through the ups and downs, wins and losses, and unforgettable moments during this incredible ride.

“Looking ahead, I am confident the Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group will add to the Broncos’ championship tradition on and off the field while putting their own stamp on this great organization. I was asked by them to serve as an advisor to ownership for this season, and I’ve accepted their request to help in the transition however possible.

“The Broncos are in great hands with Rob Walton, Carrie Walton Penner, Greg Penner, Mellody Hobson, Condoleezza Rice and Sir Lewis Hamilton along with the many outstanding people in our organization. I wish them much success, happiness and fun as they begin this journey.

“Go Broncos!”

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

STATEMENT FROM ROB WALTON ON BEHALF OF THE WALTON-PENNER FAMILY OWNERSHIP GROUP:

“We are grateful for the support and trust of the National Football League and the 31 other teams with today’s vote. We couldn’t be more excited to join the Denver Broncos.

“It’s a responsibility and privilege to serve as stewards of such an iconic franchise. We have tremendous respect for what Pat Bowlen has meant to the Broncos and look forward to building on this organization’s championship legacy.

“While we’re deeply committed to fielding a great team to win Super Bowls, our family and extraordinary partners are also dedicated to our off-the-field responsibilities to Broncos Country and the Rocky Mountain region.

“Operating with integrity and accountability, we aim to draw on our individual strengths and those of the players, coaches and staff who have shaped the Broncos’ storied history. And to that end, we want to thank Joe Ellis for his guidance throughout this process and his willingness to serve as an advisor to ownership for this season.

“Across the entire organization, we will all continue to listen and learn.

“Most importantly, we will strive to make the Denver Broncos the best team to cheer for, play for and work for in all of sports. Go Broncos!”

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default With Denver Broncos sale approved by NFL owners, franchise begins new era amid 'so much buzz'

Jobs are won and lost on a regular basis in the NFL, and it's commonplace to see turnover within a team. What is uncommon is what the Denver Broncos did recently: replacing the people holding arguably the most important and impactful titles in all of professional football -- owner, general manager, head coach and quarterback -- in a relatively short amount of time.

Now, one of the most storied franchises in the history of the NFL is heading into the 2022 season as, essentially, a brand-new organization.

The sale of the Denver Broncos from the Pat Bowlen Trust to the Walton-Penner family ownership group became official after a unanimous vote by NFL owners on Tuesday in a special league meeting in Minneapolis.
    rest - long article by James Palmer

https://www.nfl.com/news/with-denver...ew-era-amid-so

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

This video is worth the 12 minutes to watch if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So Joe Ellis wormed his way in for another season.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Yes he did. Lol.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Guess the guys plopping down a few billion see more benefit than many fans...

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Guess the guys plopping down a few billion see more benefit than many fans...
    And considering the situation we know find ourselves in, probably not a bad move.

Who out there is not excited for some FOOTBALL this season?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

that guy is like the unsinkable molly brown of football execs. . . i'm convinced he'll be running the donkeys long after we're all dead and gone. . . just wait until the walmarts hire him fulltime. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that guy is like the unsinkable molly brown of football execs. . . i'm convinced he'll be running the donkeys long after we're all dead and gone. . . just wait until the walmarts hire him fulltime. . .
    I highly doubt that's what he wants, but the Waltons could do worse.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I highly doubt that's what he wants, but the Waltons could do worse.
    Well Matt Millen is looking for work.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

23. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Just wait till they name him President of the Club working for the CEO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

In case anyone missed it live:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information