Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

I watched it on Youtube about an hour after it aired. I'm excited about the future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Guess the guys plopping down a few billion see more benefit than many fans...
    Oh come on. An overlap year is just good transitional business. Let's not make it out to be more than it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

New ownership group meets with future new President of operations?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Oh come on. An overlap year is just good transitional business. Let's not make it out to be more than it is.
    I'm not the one making any of this out to be more than it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    New ownership group meets with future new President of operations?
    Well, the photo op was a ruse. Meet the new Team President, Damani Leech. He obviously was on the books yesterday, but they wanted him to have his own day which is cool.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

I love our new owner and the group his chose!!!! Having the richest owner in sports is a huuuuuuge advantage. And it sounds like he’s 100 percent dedicated to fielding a championship product. Lucky for the new owner he stepped into a Turk key operation since he has George Paton who is an elite general manager for sure for sure!!! I’m hoping they all adapt to the culture and show up to games with that cowboy hats and cowboys boots!!!! Like ole pat bowlen used to do

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Well, the photo op was a ruse. Meet the new Team President, Damani Leech. He obviously was on the books yesterday, but they wanted him to have his own day which is cool.

Seems like a good hire from what I'm reading. The only thing that gives me slight pause is that he's been emphasizing growing the game overseas for the bulk of his career, which is fine, but I hope this doesn't lead to the Broncos having more overseas games. Call me selfish but I want other teams, not the Broncos, playing games in Europe and Mexico.
    On that note, I don't understand why one team has to give up a home game to play overseas? Why not call it an away game for both teams and each team still has 8 or 9 home games? Just seems weird and punitive to take a home game away from a team travelling to Europe or Mexico.

Anyway, welcome to Broncos Country Damnit(my phone autocorrected his name but I decided to keep it.)
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

https://youtu.be/JE13xPIpSLU

Penner one on one interview from db.com

https://youtu.be/SNnPl7rHO0w

Top storyline around broncos new ownership group!

Here's the team statement on Leech:

BRONCOS NAME DAMANI LEECH AS TEAM PRESIDENT

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos have namedDamani Leech as Team President, it was announced on Thursday by Owner and CEOGreg Penner.

A highly respected sports executive and innovator with 25 years of experience at both the professional and collegiate levels, Leech joins the Broncos after serving as Chief Operating Officer of NFL International for the last three seasons.

Leech will lead the business operations of the Broncos and Stadium Management Company, which operates Empower Field at Mile High. Collaborating with the ownership group and the Broncos’ Executive Team, Leech will maintain a presence at both UCHealth Training Center and Empower Field at Mile High.

He will join General Manager George Paton in reporting directly to Penner.

“As we sought to identify a dynamic, forward-thinking and inspiring leader to guide the Broncos into this exciting new chapter, Damani stood out among several very qualified candidates,” Penner said. “There was a high degree of interest in this opportunity with the Broncos, which speaks to the reputation of this organization and Damani’s strong credentials.

“Damani is highly regarded throughout the National Football League for his leadership, strategic vision and collaborative spirit. As a former college player with executive experience at both the NFL and NCAA levels, Damani understands the value of teamwork and knows what it takes to win—on and off the field. Most importantly, he leads with integrity, empathy and respect. I’m confident Damani will help the Broncos grow across all areas of our business and make our staff, partners and fans proud of this organization.”

A rising executive with the NFL since 2015, Leech spent the previous eight years in leadership positions at the league office with a key role in growing the game internationally as well as through business development and strategy initiatives. He joined the NFL after more than 17 years of experience at the NCAA national office in Indianapolis.

“It is a tremendous honor to join Broncos Country during such an exciting time for one of the premiere franchises in all of sports,” Leech said. “Greg and the other partners are visionary leaders, and the trust they have shown in me is deeply humbling. I’m thrilled to support our world-class ownership, leadership team and staff on this journey to drive innovation and growth throughout every area of the Denver Broncos.

“With a championship history and heritage, the Broncos are a remarkable organization that has a special connection with its fans and community. Speaking with George Paton during this process, it’s clear that this team is positioned to succeed on and off the field. I can’t wait to work alongside ownership, George, Coach Hackett, the players and staff to help this flagship franchise reach the next level of greatness.”

Serving as COO of NFL International from 2019-22, Leech oversaw all of the league’s international operations in key markets—part of an international NFL fan base exceeding 200 million people—that include Australia, Africa, Brazil, Canada, China and Mexico. He guided the creation and execution of various NFL international initiatives, leading a diverse and talented team of more than 40 staff across offices in Toronto, Mexico City, Shanghai, Los Angeles and New York.

Leech directed the launch of the NFL’s International HMA program in 2021 to drive global fan interest through an innovative NFL-club access model while still delivering more than $70 million in international sponsorship and consumer product league revenues. He joined the NFL in 2015 as Vice President of Football Strategy and Business Development.

Beginning his 17-year career at the NCAA in 1998 as an intern, Leech ascended to its Managing Director of Championships from 2013-15.

A Sports Business Journal “ 40 under 40 winner” in 2014, Leech received the NFL Commissioner’s Award for helping launch the Black Engagement Network at the League office in 2018. He earned a bachelor of arts degree in public policy and international affairs from Princeton University in 1998 before receiving a master of arts degree in higher education administration from Indiana University in 2004.

At Princeton, Leech was a three-time first-team All-Ivy League selection as a defensive back who earned third-team All-America honors.

A native of Tacoma, Wash., Leech is married to Dr. Tamara Leech with two daughters: Brianna and Simone.

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

https://youtu.be/1LGeNTCE1Vk

Walton penner ownership group intro

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Seems like a good hire from what I'm reading. The only thing that gives me slight pause is that he's been emphasizing growing the game overseas for the bulk of his career, which is fine, but I hope this doesn't lead to the Broncos having more overseas games. Call me selfish but I want other teams, not the Broncos, playing games in Europe and Mexico.
    On that note, I don't understand why one team has to give up a home game to play overseas? Why not call it an away game for both teams and each team still has 8 or 9 home games? Just seems weird and punitive to take a home game away from a team travelling to Europe or Mexico.

Anyway, welcome to Broncos Country Damnit(my phone autocorrected his name but I decided to keep it.)
    I said this when it was announced the Broncos are playing in London, and agree wholeheartedly. Make it an incentive to play overseas; each team that does still gets 8 or 9 home games.

https://youtu.be/RZYz4aPEDXQ

Ed Werner speaks in broncos and says it’s an awesome advantage to have the richest owner in the league

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos hire local Hispanic leader Tim Aragon as general counsel

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos continue to move towards becoming one of the NFL’s most diverse franchises as they announced Friday the hiring of Tim Aragon as their new general counsel.

Aragon succeeds Rich Slivka, who retired after serving as the Broncos’ general counsel the past 22 years.

The Broncos held a retirement celebration last week for Slivka, outgoing CEO and president Joe Ellis and executive assistant Veronica Ibarra, who worked primarily with the Bowlen family for more than two decades.

Aragon was previously managing partner of Hogan Lovells law firm in downtown Denver. He has been a corporate lawyer specializing in mergers and acquisitions. He serves on the board of directors for the Colorado Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. He graduated cum laude from Harvard in 1997 and the New York University of Law School in 2001.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...f-cb62e54c84c9

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

Listing them both as "Away" games "creates" one extra game. The team that would otherwise been listed as the "Home" team now has to add an actual Home game in their schedule.

That would work if every team played an International game, but being that there's only 5 International games you can't even it out without "creating" games.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information