Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    He’d be the richest owner in the league by a large margin and he has the capital to buy the team outright. No ridiculous ownership groups who care more about the status of being a part owner and less about the actual team itself. He’s the most likely to build the Broncos a new, state of the art Stadium like his brother in law did in LA. Wouldn’t it be nice for Denver to be considered as a potential Super Bowl location? He has the money to pay contracts for free agents and own player extensions without having to worry about having the $ for stuff like signing bonuses. It would be nice to have the richest owner in the league don’t you think? Walton isn’t some douchebag celebrity who just wants the Broncos as some status symbol. I honestly believe he would be good for the team and for Denver.
    He owns a home in Aspen, CO and one of his sons lives in Boulder, IIRC.

I'm on Team Walton!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

He’d be the richest owner in the league by a large margin and he has the capital to buy the team outright. No ridiculous ownership groups who care more about the status of being a part owner and less about the actual team itself. He’s the most likely to build the Broncos a new, state of the art Stadium like his brother in law did in LA. Wouldn’t it be nice for Denver to be considered as a potential Super Bowl location? He has the money to pay contracts for free agents and own player extensions without having to worry about having the $ for stuff like signing bonuses. It would be nice to have the richest owner in the league don’t you think? Walton isn’t some douchebag celebrity who just wants the Broncos as some status symbol. I honestly believe he would be good for the team and for Denver.
    Reasons 1-70 are his net worth... But beyond that, I hate the idea of guys who are already associated with other franchises getting the team. No interest in the 76ers owner adding another team to his portfolio -- or Magic Johnson pretending to be a Broncos fan suddenly.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    rest -
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A source tells 9NEWS that one of the remaining ownership candidates to buy the Denver Broncos is Byron Allen, the comedian, actor and media tycoon.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-4f1871d10f5d
    Hope this rumor isn't true. Want no part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Reasons 1-70 are his net worth... But beyond that, I hate the idea of guys who are already associated with other franchises getting the team. No interest in the 76ers owner adding another team to his portfolio -- or Magic Johnson pretending to be a Broncos fan suddenly.
    Let's hope Walton has been out of Arkansas long enough to not be a Cowboy's fan...

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

So you want the Broncos to build a dome?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    With a retractable roof? Why not?

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Hope this rumor isn't true. Want no part of him.
    Checks the box.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    With a retractable roof? Why not?
    It’s the one thing I like about Denver that they still play in the elements at home.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It’s the one thing I like about Denver that they still play in the elements at home.
    Yeah, but you've (probably?) never sat for a game that was snowing heavily and freezing! I was at this game:

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

No, I’ve never been to a snow game. I have been to a Husky game in Oct 2005 against Oregon St in the cold ass pouring rain. Again, it’s all part of the elements.

I have worked outside during the winter in North Dakota & Alaska. Dress in layers.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    No, I’ve never been to a snow game. I have been to a Husky game in Oct 2005 against Oregon St in the cold ass pouring rain. Again, it’s all part of the elements.

I have worked outside during the winter in North Dakota & Alaska. Dress in layers.
    I get the sentiment, but I'd like to see my team preforming at their highest level. The weather didn't do crap for GB in the playoffs last year.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I get the sentiment, but I'd like to see my team preforming at their highest level. The weather didn't do crap for GB in the playoffs last year.
    I’ve always wanted to go to Buffalo during one of their heavy snow games. I’m just an odd one.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebus View Post
    Frankly, I don’t give a rats ass about the stadium. I live in Arkansas. But I’d bet the business owners in Denver would appreciate the revenue generated by a Super Bowl. How about hosting the draft? Vegas just got the draft and a Super Bowl. The shitty assed Raiders who haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl since they got throttled by the Bucs get lots of attention thanks to their new stadium. The Rams and Cowgirls do also. They will build a new stadium in Denver in the near future, the question for all you locals is, do you want an owner who can afford to foot the bill (Walton) or someone who convinces the city to raise your taxes to build one for them (all the other bidding “ownership groups” who don’t have the $)? Who wouldn’t want a state of the art stadium? Oh yeah, The Broncos don’t play well enough in bad weather to consider it a home field advantage so who gives a damn about having a roof? It’s not like it has ever helped us win. We beat the Ravens at home in the playoffs if it’s not below freezing and old assed Manning can’t feel his hands and arm doesn’t stop working in the cold.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Frankly, I don’t give a rats ass about the stadium. I live in Arkansas. But I’d bet the business owners in Denver would appreciate the revenue generated by a Super Bowl. How about hosting the draft? Vegas just got the draft and a Super Bowl. The shitty assed Raiders who haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl since they got throttled by the Bucs get lots of attention thanks to their new stadium. The Rams and Cowgirls do also. They will build a new stadium in Denver in the near future, the question for all you locals is, do you want an owner who can afford to foot the bill (Walton) or someone who convinces the city to raise your taxes to build one for them (all the other bidding “ownership groups” who don’t have the $)? Who wouldn’t want a state of the art stadium? Oh yeah, The Broncos don’t play well enough in bad weather to consider it a home field advantage so who gives a damn about having a roof? It’s not like it has ever helped us win. We beat the Ravens at home in the playoffs if it’s not below freezing and old assed Manning can’t feel his hands and arm doesn’t stop working in the cold.
    I hear what you are saying and now live in Minneapolis after having grown up in Denver. Only thing it means to me is I think it will change the identity of the team. I've seen it firsthand with the Vikings. That team and fanbase lacks an identity and I think a large part of it is playing in a sterile dome. The game is meant to be played outside in the elements on grass.

As for a SB, the game could be played in Denver and you'd end up with a reasonable weather day 85% of the time. New York anyone?

25. The Following User High Fived Rosebus For This Post:

I’d love to have a retractable roof brand new stadium. The home field advantage doesn’t have much to do with the snow and shit anyway, the home field advantage is the thin air playing at altitude. So that won’t go anywhere.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information