Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    A judge reviewed that and apparently decided there was no evidence to throw out the last will. My guess that included the fact that he was running the Broncos, attending ownership meetings and doing many other things that showed competence. Even if he was experiencing short term memory loss, it doesn't mean that he was no of sound mind to update his estate planning/will. Remember, the will was amended five or six years before Pat stepped down from running the Broncsos.

Again from Woody:

https://gazette.com/premium/woody-pa...51172f7ad.html

None of us really know what's gone on, I just find it odd that the dislike of Ellis (which I also don't get) results in people assuming Beth is the only truth teller in all of this.

I think this all could have and should have been resolved a long long time ago. Ellis, imo, is the reason for this long drawn out process. Why? Because he is owner defacto. He has the power, the say, the control over the team, how its run, everything. He wants/wanted to stay in that position for as long as possible. I do not blame him for that. It makes sense. People use the term "Its just business" to describe things like this. I get it. If you are owing and operating and NFL franchise you will stay there as long as you can. However, as someone not invested into the team, etc. I can see it from the other side. He has dragged this thing as far as he possibly could. Possibly created a larger rift within the bowlen family. And NOW- Pats ultimate wish (to keep this in the fam) is going to be gone. The team will be sold off. Thank god the NFL came together to put the smack down on Ellis to get this sold. However, we will have a Non Bowlen entity owning and running our franchise.

Pretty much worst possible scenario.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think this all could have and should have been resolved a long long time ago. Ellis, imo, is the reason for this long drawn out process. Why? Because he is owner defacto. He has the power, the say, the control over the team, how its run, everything. He wants/wanted to stay in that position for as long as possible. I do not blame him for that. It makes sense. People use the term "Its just business" to describe things like this. I get it. If you are owing and operating and NFL franchise you will stay there as long as you can. However, as someone not invested into the team, etc. I can see it from the other side. He has dragged this thing as far as he possibly could. Possibly created a larger rift within the bowlen family. And NOW- Pats ultimate wish (to keep this in the fam) is going to be gone. The team will be sold off. Thank god the NFL came together to put the smack down on Ellis to get this sold. However, we will have a Non Bowlen entity owning and running our franchise.

Pretty much worst possible scenario.
    How has he dragged it out longer? By not disregarding Pat's wishes to have a family member run it and instead selling the team years ago? They were waiting for Brittany to complete the requisite experience and qualifications, he pretty clearly stated that years ago.

I guess I don't see what, specifically, you think he should have, or even could have, done differently.

Also, there are two other trustees, not just him. If they thought he was doing something wrong and not in compliance with the Pat Bowlen Trust, they could have stepped in. All three are likely to continue as trustee after the sale of the team, so mostly likely make the same income from the trust, if not more if it's based on a percentage, which I doubt, then after, as I'm sure quite a bit of the proceeds will stay in trust(s).

How has he dragged it out longer? By not disregarding Pat's wishes to have a family member run it and instead selling the team years ago? They were waiting for Brittany to complete the requisite experience and qualifications, he pretty clearly stated that years ago.

I guess I don't see what, specifically, you think he should have, or even could have, done differently.

Also, there are two other trustees, not just him. If they thought he was doing something wrong and not in compliance with the Pat Bowlen Trust, they could have stepped in. All three are likely to continue as trustee after the sale of the team, so mostly likely make the same income from the trust, if not more if it's based on a percentage, which I doubt, then after, as I'm sure quite a bit of the proceeds will stay in trust(s).
    By keeping the first daughter out. Firing her. (we likely will never know) but I find it hard to believe the daughter of the owner, someone who wants to try and take over the biz would commit a fire able offense. Pretty fishy. As for Britt- its also odd how they waited so long to bring her on and so slowly (why? because the longer the girls are out the longer they (trustees) are in.)

When bringing in Brit why start her at the snack bar and bring her up. What business has ever done that? Talk about bringing her along slowly. Im pretty sure she had most requisites done aside from on site experience. Which brings back to why wait so long. Next, she could have EASILY worked for the broncos while going to school, getting degrees, whatever else. They could have put her into so many higher up positions, even have her intern. Sit in the war room. The meetings. Meet the investors. Work with the advertising and marketing. Have the league get to know her. This is common when a succession is coming. They did none of this.

Moreover, the most telling is the Entire NFL league itself. They got so sick of Ellis schtick that they made a brand new rule out of thin air to fine teams like 15mil each year they do not have an owner (or whatever the rule is). They had enough so they lit the fire under Ellis. If not for them, this would play out another 5 years. Again, I get why Ellis moves at turtle speed and has done the things we have rumored and suspected, but as a fan of the team and not in his shoes I want this done and him gone. The league does not just make rules and fines out of thin air. It was literally us and like 1 other team. We were that catalyst.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

By keeping the first daughter out. Firing her. (we likely will never know) but I find it hard to believe the daughter of the owner, someone who wants to try and take over the biz would commit a fire able offense. Pretty fishy. As for Britt- its also odd how they waited so long to bring her on and so slowly (why? because the longer the girls are out the longer they (trustees) are in.)
    I think you are making an assumption that the trustees go away when Brittany or Beth are named primary owner. According the Woody article I posted, that's not the case and he said Ellis will stay on as trustee, if if one of the daughters is named.

As to Brittany, that was laid out about four or so years ago, what the timeline was, and why.

When bringing in Brit why start her at the snack bar and bring her up. What business has ever done that? Talk about bringing her along slowly. Im pretty sure she had most requisites done aside from on site experience. Which brings back to why wait so long. Next, she could have EASILY worked for the broncos while going to school, getting degrees, whatever else. They could have put her into so many higher up positions, even have her intern. Sit in the war room. The meetings. Meet the investors. Work with the advertising and marketing. Have the league get to know her. This is common when a succession is coming. They did none of this.

Moreover, the most telling is the Entire NFL league itself. They got so sick of Ellis schtick that they made a brand new rule out of thin air to fine teams like 15mil each year they do not have an owner (or whatever the rule is). They had enough so they lit the fire under Ellis. If not for them, this would play out another 5 years. Again, I get why Ellis moves at turtle speed and has done the things we have rumored and suspected, but as a fan of the team and not in his shoes I want this done and him gone. The league does not just make rules and fines out of thin air. It was literally us and like 1 other team. We were that catalyst.
    Apparently you read things about the NFL rule that I didn't. In fact, what I read was exactly the opposite, which is that while the team is run by the trust, there is no chance of being fined, as the trust acts as a single, majority owner (or I think technically like an 80% owner, so majority, but not single owner), but when it will become an issue is if after one of the children is named, and the trust actually divides the Broncos up among the seven children, then none of the children will be the majority owner, and would require the other children (most, if not all), to permanently give their voting rights to Brittany or Beth, if one of them was named primary owners.

It would seem that it was the Titans, not the Broncos, that forced this rule, as the team was split into thirds into separate branches of the former owners line.

Anyway, since none of us were involved in Pat's estate planning, or Beth's termination or the like, we are all guessing as to who is scum and who is honoring Pat's wishes.

Tis true. But there is scum i tell ya!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Tis true. But there is scum i tell ya!
    The one universal truth!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Sounds like I need to marry one of the Bowlens and make some cashola.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Sounds like I need to marry one of the Bowlens and make some cashola.
    After taxes, they'll likely only have three or four hundred million each. Not worth it...

Unless it's one of the cute ones.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

After taxes, they'll likely only have three or four hundred million each. Not worth it...

Unless it's one of the cute ones.
    I love women for their money, not their looks! I was raised right! Sheesh.

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kiszla: John Elway scrambling to find billionaire to let old quarterback be part of Broncos new ownership team

The rink was rocking at the good old hockey game with the best kind of lung-rattling loud. Some goon from Minnesota wearing No. 18 on his Ugly Christmas Sweater took a run and delivered a cheap shot to the head of Avalanche goalie Darcy Keumper. And Colorado fans all went insane.

Then my cell phone rang.

“This is John,” he said Monday afternoon, in a distinctive voice so authoritative it cut through the happy din of Ball Arena that was banging on my eardrums like a gong.

The Duke of Denver wanted to chat.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2022/01/1...ership-kiszla/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Elway on Broncos' possible new ownership group: 'I do want to be part of it'

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — It appears inevitable the Broncos are heading for sale through auction.

Joe Ellis, the Broncos’ chief executive officer and one of three trustees to the Patrick D. Bowlen Trust that holds the franchise, has not yet declared the team will be put up for sale, stating he would make an announcement soon after general manager George Paton hires the team’s next head coach.

But if the Broncos are put up for sale, as multiple sources close to the situation expect, John Elway would like to be part of the new ownership group.

“Who knows where that is and where that falls, but I do have interest in being a part of it,’’ Elway said Monday in an interview with 9NEWS. “The Broncos have been in my life for 40 years, so I’d love to be a part of it. So it’s a matter of seeing how everything plays out and what’s going to happen. I’m sure there will be a lot of things going on, but I would definitely like to be involved.”
    rest including a video - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-ada362f66312

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Legal source: Auction likely if Broncos put up for sale

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A homeowner selling his property has a say in picking the buyer.

The best offer from potential buyers is almost always a primary factor, but there may be others, especially in today's sell-above-the-list-price market.

It's a little different for the Broncos should the team be put up for sale -- and signs point that way. A legal source familiar with the Broncos' ownership transition told 9NEWS that should the team be sold, it would likely be through an auction process.

Because the Broncos' franchise and its entities are placed in a trust -- in this case the Patrick D. Bowlen Trust -- the trustees have a fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries to get the highest possible price, pending NFL approval.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...e-ba31aca1f9a6

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Wow, an auction. I didn't see that being the case. Not sure how I feel about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

God damn I love trusts!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Why shouldn’t the highest bidder own the Broncos?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information