Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos quarterback Russell Wilson saluted Hamilton’s addition on Twitter before practice this morning. In 2018, Wilson rode shotgun as Hamilton drove a street car around the track in Montreal before the Canadian Grand Prix and in May, Wilson and his wife, Ciara, were guests of Hamilton’s Mercedes race team at the Monaco Grand Prix.
    rest https://www.denverpost.com/2022/08/0...nership-group/

Russell Wilson@DangeRussWilson
    Went for a spin with the @MercedesAMGF1 Champ and Team @Bosemember @LewisHamilton
    #TBT #F1PirelliHotLaps

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agree to disagree on Ellis, but the rest I agree.
    Hate Ellis with a passion, probably biased.

3. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Hate Ellis with a passion, probably biased.
    You aren't alone. I think he did a great job. Didn't interfere with Elway on football (though some could argue he should have fired Elway and hired Kyle/Mike). Has been willing to spend on free agents. Can't imagine a stand in owner doing a better job than Ellis did.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

You damn right which is why I salute Ellis. He did a solid job

You aren't alone. I think he did a great job. Didn't interfere with Elway on football (though some could argue he should have fired Elway and hired Kyle/Mike). Has been willing to spend on free agents. Can't imagine a stand in owner doing a better job than Ellis did.
    Yet...he was the one who blocked Kyle/Mike...not Elway. It was Elway who was on board with Shanahan era 2.0 and Ellis who said no way and gave us Vic Losio.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yet...he was the one who blocked Kyle/Mike...not Elway. It was Elway who was on board with Shanahan era 2.0 and Ellis who said no way and gave us Vic Losio.
    I think it's worth also mentioning that Elway passed on Kyle to hire VJ... Then tried to right that wrong by bringing back Mike. Unfortunately neither of them did much right after Peyton left.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Like I said, I'll agree to disagree on the job Ellis did. I think Mr. B. made an excellent choice, but it's history now, so all we can do is hope that Walton is half as good an owner as Mr. B was.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think it's worth also mentioning that Elway passed on Kyle to hire VJ... Then tried to right that wrong by bringing back Mike. Unfortunately neither of them did much right after Peyton left.
    And as you say, bring back "Mike" not Kyle.

And as you say, bring back "Mike" not Kyle.
    It was too late, Kyle was with the 49ers.

I know I'm late to the party, but am pleased to see Lewis Hamilton as part of the ownership group. Make no mistake, this was done to help diversify NFL ownership and it would be hard to fine someone that walks the talk better than Lewis. He's been championing diversity in F1, one of the richest, whitest clubs in the world, and one of the prime influences behind We Race As One initiative.

This year at the Austrian Grand Prix there was apparently a high level of racist and misogynistic behavior at the track by the fans. Someone on the Mercedes team witnessed it happening to one fan and invited her into their pit to remove her from the harassment. This wouldn't have happened five or ten years ago, and I think a lot of it has to do with Lewis' influence on the rest of F1 to recognize it. Afterward a number of drivers and team members spoke up about it on social media and encouraged lifetime bans for those fans that exhibit that type of behavior.

This could also be a pathway to garner more attention from potential fans in Europe. Being Lewis is a Brit this may add spice to the Broncos game in London. Unfortunately Lewis is scheduled be racing in Mexico City on game day.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived AgentOrange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It seems like the Broncos are doing a fantastic job bringing people from multiple industries who appeal to numerous different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. I freaking love it, Broncos ownership group seems like a true "melting pot".

It's brilliant from a business standpoint. There's bound to be fans of Hamilton who don't know a FG from TD but will become Broncos fans because of this and I like that.

I love what is happening with this team.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Man I just hope these new fans you speak of end up being good knowledgeable fan’s. The fanbase is at its breaking point it ain’t like it used to be. The quality of fan has dropped. Everyone’s a whiner now.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Man I just hope these new fans you speak of end up being good knowledgeable fan’s. The fanbase is at its breaking point it ain’t like it used to be. The quality of fan has dropped. Everyone’s a whiner now.
    Fan’s knowledge, or lack thereof, has as much impact on gameday as their obvious and consistent grammatical errors.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

And the ironic post of the year award goes to. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    And the ironic post of the year award goes to. . .
    JHam!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information