Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Sure, but business is business
    I understand what you're saying. But you're talking about a guy who has succeeded in everything he's done in life. In all honesty 4 billion for a guy that's worth 76 and I realize that's not all liquid. But I don't think you take this on at this stage in your life unless you plan to win.

And again just look what Stan has done. I would bet that most of the men in that family are pretty alpha. Nobody wants to show up at family gatherings knowing that the brother-in-law is winning super bowls and competing for championships and two other sports. If you're half-assing it with your franchise. I just don't see it as a bad thing. They obviously want to make money. But they also want to win

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I understand what you're saying. But you're talking about a guy who has succeeded in everything he's done in life. In all honesty 4 billion for a guy that's worth 76 and I realize that's not all liquid. But I don't think you take this on at this stage in your life unless you plan to win.

And again just look what Stan has done. I would bet that most of the men in that family are pretty alpha. Nobody wants to show up at family gatherings knowing that the brother-in-law is winning super bowls and competing for championships and two other sports. If you're half-assing it with your franchise. I just don't see it as a bad thing. They obviously want to make money. But they also want to win
    Stan is arguably the best owner in the NFL. Big baller. He, like many owners who succeed, realize that the best way to make money *is* by winning.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm solidly team Rob Walton.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Who are the other two?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Who are the other two?
    Harris founded Apollo Global Management. He also owns the 76ers.

Todd Boehly is a badass investor himself and has a large share of Dodger ownership. He owns an eSports franchise Cloud9, and owns Draftkings.

10. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Who are the other two?
    Josh Harris - Investor, co-founded Apollo Management Group, one of the world's largest "alternative investment firms". Whatever that is.
    Todd Boehly - businessman, investor, and philanthropist. He is the Co-founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and controlling member of Eldridge Industries, a holding company headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut. Also most likely next owner of Chelsea FC.

12. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Ahh, I know Apollo. I'm in one of their credit strategies funds.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Report: Broncos' Ownership Auction Receives 5 Bids to Purchase Team
    The sale of the Denver Broncos is moving into the next phase.

More information here - https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ly-josh-harris

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default NBA Legend Magic Johnson has entered group bidding on Broncos

As the bidding war for the Denver Broncos heats up, the group led by Philadelphia 76ers co-owner Josh Harris has added significant star power to their charge by adding NBA legend Magic Johnson to their bid group.

Johnson, 62, would be a huge add. With a net worth of around $600 million, he could also be a significant stakeholder in the team if the Harris-led group ultimately submits the winning bid for the franchise.

Last month, three of the five finalists to purchase the team were announced. One of those, the group led by Todd Boehly recently won the bid to purchase Chelsea, a British soccer team, so that might narrow the bidding war to four moving forward. The Harris-led group will likely face its biggest competition against Walmart heir, Rob Walton.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...D=ansmsnnews11

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos ownership competition down to 2 front-runners, according to sources

The quest for a successor to the late Pat Bowlen as Broncos owner is clarified today.

The Broncos’ future ownership competition has been reduced to two finalists, and one of the prospective purchasers is spending Thursday at the team's headquarters.

According to multiple NFL and Denver sources, The Denver Gazette and The Gazette in Colorado Springs learned exclusively that the pair of front-running candidates to become the Broncos’ owners are Rob Walton, and family and minority partners, and a group headed by Josh Harris.

Harris, advisors and others toured the Broncos’ complex at Dove Valley Thursday and met with retiring CEO Joe Ellis and other top officials of the franchise.
    rest - https://gazette.com/sports/broncos-o...3df47218a.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Bout time this process is about to be almost over with. Hoping whoever is the guy is a good one man

Adopted Bronco:

Default Source: Byron Allen still in mix to buy Broncos

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — A source tells 9NEWS that one of the remaining ownership candidates to buy the Denver Broncos is Byron Allen, the comedian, actor and media tycoon.

The source said Allen is backed by a handful of investors with deep pockets to help in his bid. Allen and his group are expected to visit the Broncos stadium and practice facility in the near future -- as at least two other known bidders, Josh Harris and Rob Walton, have already done in recent days.

A source familiar with the Broncos' ownership sale via auction told 9NEWS last week that 10 investment groups submitted first-round bids, after which the second-round field was narrowed to five. Another source told 9NEWS this week the number of ownership groups under consideration is fluid, and there could be more than five groups.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...c-4f1871d10f5d

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm solidly team Rob Walton.
    Why?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Why?
    He’d be the richest owner in the league by a large margin and he has the capital to buy the team outright. No ridiculous ownership groups who care more about the status of being a part owner and less about the actual team itself. He’s the most likely to build the Broncos a new, state of the art Stadium like his brother in law did in LA. Wouldn’t it be nice for Denver to be considered as a potential Super Bowl location? He has the money to pay contracts for free agents and own player extensions without having to worry about having the $ for stuff like signing bonuses. It would be nice to have the richest owner in the league don’t you think? Walton isn’t some douchebag celebrity who just wants the Broncos as some status symbol. I honestly believe he would be good for the team and for Denver.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information