Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 556

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

  1. #526
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    sure, but i was old and grumpy when i was 18. . .
    fify

  2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  3. #527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    why? do you assume that will translate to him putting more money into the team? is there any factual basis for that train of thought? i don't have a dog in the fight-- one billionaire is as good (or bad) as the next to me. . . but david tepper is by far the richest of the current owners, and he's been total shit. . . aside from laughably overpaying for a super shitty college HC when no one was bidding against him, his money hasn't done a damn thing to make them successful. . . he's also currently embroiled in a fight with a local municipality because he's trying to get them to pay for his practice facility. . . maybe it's just me, but i think the days of owners who genuinely care about the team, the community, and the product on the field are long gone. . . other than maybe the rooneys. . . i think people are entirely mistaken if they think walton is more likely to pay for his own stadium just because he could afford to. . . these guys didn't get stupid rich by spending money they don't have to. . .

    as i said, it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, as long as magic johnson isn't involved in any sort of decision-making. . . i'm just curious why people prefer one guy over another, or think the richest owner somehow equals the best. . .
    The ultra rich owners (by comparison) in other sports have tended to be less afraid of maxing out the cap. Of course it does come down to attitude, you could get the best owner in the NFL, the Rams owner, or the worst owner in the NFL, Khan.

  4. #528
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Snohomish, Wash.
    Adopted Bronco:
    King87
    Posts
    54,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Football was meant to be played in the elements when....no helmets were used and the forward pass wasn't a thing.
    When fullbacks were appreciated.
    why you so serious!

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:


  6. #529
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    29,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    why? do you assume that will translate to him putting more money into the team? is there any factual basis for that train of thought? i don't have a dog in the fight-- one billionaire is as good (or bad) as the next to me. . . but david tepper is by far the richest of the current owners, and he's been total shit. . . aside from laughably overpaying for a super shitty college HC when no one was bidding against him, his money hasn't done a damn thing to make them successful. . . he's also currently embroiled in a fight with a local municipality because he's trying to get them to pay for his practice facility. . . maybe it's just me, but i think the days of owners who genuinely care about the team, the community, and the product on the field are long gone. . . other than maybe the rooneys. . . i think people are entirely mistaken if they think walton is more likely to pay for his own stadium just because he could afford to. . . these guys didn't get stupid rich by spending money they don't have to. . .

    as i said, it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other, as long as magic johnson isn't involved in any sort of decision-making. . . i'm just curious why people prefer one guy over another, or think the richest owner somehow equals the best. . .
    In the NFL for the most part every team spends to the cap, or close so it's not about spending money on players for me. The owners that are bad aren't bad because they're cheap they're bad because they put the wrong people in charge. For me wanting the richest owner is because I want to see the Broncos spend on things like a stadium and amazing facilities. I want a giant sports complex called Bronco Land or some shit that can host the draft, a SuperBowl etc.. I disagree that owners won't be willing to pay for a big part of that. Some owners are willing to pay for big portions of those things and I think the odds of getting those things are much greater with a single owner worth $70B than with a group of owners none of which are worth more than a few B.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 05-15-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

  7. #530
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    caden sterns, jonathon cooper
    Posts
    40,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    fify
    my hair was glorious. . . you would've been sooo jealous!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  8. #531
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    43,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    my hair was glorious. . . you would've been sooo jealous!
    My nickname in my younger a was fuzzy because I had so much hair!

  9. #532
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    DangeRuss
    Posts
    12,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    My nickname in my younger a was fuzzy because I had so much hair!
    Pubes don’t count, boss…


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  10. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  11. #533
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    22,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Pubes don’t count, boss…
    He looked like Wooly Willy with a really wooly willy?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

  12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:


  13. #534
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    PNW
    Adopted Bronco:
    Impressed!
    Posts
    882

    Default

    I was one of the 2,800 people at the Blizzard game against the Chargers. I've also sat through a lot of snowy games. Mainly I'd like a rich owner that would at least do a retractable roof so Denver could host a Super Bowl though. I always felt that was a mistake when building the new Mile High. If I recall that type of setup was in the early planning stages before it was dropped due to $$$.

  14. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:


  15. #535
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George
    Posts
    28,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yeah, but you've (probably?) never sat for a game that was snowing heavily and freezing! I was at this game:


    Joe lost his pinky toe and all of his hair that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Westbrook is already a HoFer.

  16. The Following 8 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  17. #536
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    DT
    Posts
    39,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Joe lost his pinky toe and all of his hair that day.
    this is among your finest work NTL

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  19. #537
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams
    Posts
    29,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    this is among your finest work NTL
    Dude's hitting his prime. I get Spiker's crush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  21. #538
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    caden sterns, jonathon cooper
    Posts
    40,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    this is among your finest work NTL
    rus wilson is our quarterback, and layne is legitimately funny-- what a time to be alive!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  22. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  23. #539

    Default

    Good grief!

  24. #540
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX (but wanting to move)
    Posts
    13,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Dude's hitting his prime. I get Spiker's crush.
    I’m starting to think you’re jealous.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

  25. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group