Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    This can not happen soon enough.

Even if the team is moved.

WTF!!! No this team cant and shouldn't be moved. F that BS.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    WTF!!! No this team cant and shouldn't be moved. F that BS.
    I understand, I do.

I can say, this is a disgrace to the franchise, the way things are handled. I would much rather the team be bought and moved, than this. Watching this inept attempt at fielding a competitor is tough.

If they are moved and become competitive, it is worth it, to me any way.
    Last edited by Krugan; 12-07-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

For me the Denver Broncos is the team I love and support because they are the Denver Broncos. I have a history with this team that goes back over 30 years. So many camps and interactions with various players. So many games where I was celebrating or had my face in my hands, but I still cheered them on regardless. They are my home town team. I just don't see having this connection if they move to another town.

Also I think we need to be careful what we ask for. The trust was the group that brought Peyton in, Mr. Bowlen was still around but they trust was making the financial decisions by then. Joe Ellis is very respected by the other owners. I think if the family wasn't airing their strife it would not be so much of a issues with the NFL. They just want work as usual and no laundry to be aired or reminders of how much money is involved.

Plus having a single owner does not mean will be back to wining. Just look at the Jets, Houston and Lions. I hope they are able to find a good owner but I know it's not a magic pill.
    Getting Stoked

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Plus having a single owner does not mean will be back to wining. Just look at the Jets, Houston and Lions. I hope they are able to find a good owner but I know it's not a magic pill.
    Quoted for emphasis. Everyone seems to think new ownership will:
    A) Make the Broncos somehow better as if the owner will fix personnel and coaching issues.
    B) Somehow bring more accountability and reason to the front office.

Is any of this even remotely true? Does anyone actually believe that if a guy like Bezos or Musk buys the Broncos he’ll give 2 shits about the day to day ops of the team? I mean seriously, most owners are billionaire businessmen who don’t know shit about football and even less about building a championship team. Sure, they can grow a business, but they leave personnel management matters including hiring and firing coaches and running the draft (unless you’re Jerruh or Snyder) up to the GM who is a “football guy”. Of all things, new ownership won’t be some magic bullet to fix the team. If anything, it can only make matters worse if the new owner decides to try to involve himself/herself in the day to day workings and personnel decisions and then sucks at it. Let Paton do his job. If he hasn’t fixed the issues and made us a contender in 3-4 years, fire his sorry ass and move on to the next guy. Of all things, ownership plays very little into a team’s success, IMO.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Again, IF the team is purchased and moved, it would be fine in my eyes. IF it brought stability to the franchise.

I grew up in Denver. Went to school in Evergreen. My step dad had season tickets, I made all but 1 game a season for 6 years. (including pre-season). I went to greeley and watched training camp. A lot of people have a LONG history with this team. My earliest memories are orange and blue.

I never claimed new ownership was the end cure, but it sure as hell would go a long way to stabilizing what is happening now. If that means drastic changes happen, so be it.

The trust is really all about protecting value and lip service to maintaining Mr B’s vision. But they don’t have the same commitment to being a first class, competitive, winning team. Sure Peyton came in and went to 2 Superbowls and won 1, but Peyton coming to Denver was all John Elway. The trust gave him permission but that was 100% Elway’s thing.
    Name one thing the trust has done. The fieldhouse was in the works long before Pat had to step back. Stadium naming rights has been a revolving door of meh - Pat wouldn’t have let it happen the way it did for sure.
    The team needs an owner, not a surrogate. It doesn’t mean an automatic win streak, but it needs an actual owner.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    For me the Denver Broncos is the team I love and support because they are the Denver Broncos. I have a history with this team that goes back over 30 years. So many camps and interactions with various players. So many games where I was celebrating or had my face in my hands, but I still cheered them on regardless. They are my home town team. I just don't see having this connection if they move to another town.

Also I think we need to be careful what we ask for. The trust was the group that brought Peyton in, Mr. Bowlen was still around but they trust was making the financial decisions by then. Joe Ellis is very respected by the other owners. I think if the family wasn't airing their strife it would not be so much of a issues with the NFL. They just want work as usual and no laundry to be aired or reminders of how much money is involved.

I don't think Joe Ellis has gotten the respect among Broncos fans that he should have.

The grass isn't always greener ---- unless it's an astroturf field.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Aww … poor little politician not getting enough respect.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I understand, I do.

I can say, this is a disgrace to the franchise, the way things are handled. I would much rather the team be bought and moved, than this. Watching this inept attempt at fielding a competitor is tough.

If they are moved and become competitive, it is worth it, to me any way.
    What would moving the team do to make it more competitive? Some of the worst organizations in NFL history are in bigger markets.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Good grief, Krugan.

Get it together, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Good grief, Krugan.

Get it together, man.
    krugan has always been a solid dude, but yeah-- i am legit baffled by that one. . . i guess that's what i get for being dumb!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I dont want them to move. I ill say that again, I would hate to see it happen, and it would be really rough on the community as a whole, but I could accept it.

The word IF has been used in all of my posts, meaning I could entirely accept the team being moved, IF it changed the mediocrity that we have watched for far to long. 12 straight losses to a division rival is not acceptable.

The sentiment, and ideally, the team would not move, but I/ME am willing to accept a change IF it would stop this garbage we are witnessing.

I did not say it would make a difference IF they were moved, I never claimed that would make them better, simply stated that IF it would change the trajectory of this clown show, I could accept it.

To clarify a bit further. I think the issues of recent have been top down, I do not think the trust is nearly as invested in the over all success as they once were. They are, and I dont need to say this as everyone here is most likely much smarter than I am, someone working with someone else's money is not as invested as someone working with their own. That is just where I am at with this team right now. The trust has failed to uphold, minus a couple of years where we lucked into a HOF QB and caught lightning in a bottle, what Pat had built.

Leadership from the top is not always all it takes, in this instance I think it is critical that it is changed, and even at the risk of having the team uprooted. (it is highly unlikely that would happen, its just a what if scenario to me)
    Last edited by Krugan; 12-09-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I dont want them to move. I ill say that again, I would hate to see it happen, and it would be really rough on the community as a whole, but I could accept it.

The word IF has been used in all of my posts, meaning I could entirely accept the team being moved, IF it changed the mediocrity that we have watched for far to long. 12 straight losses to a division rival is not acceptable.

The sentiment, and ideally, the team would not move, but I/ME am willing to accept a change IF it would stop this garbage we are witnessing.

I did not say it would make a difference IF they were moved, I never claimed that would make them better, simply stated that IF it would change the trajectory of this clown show, I could accept it.

To clarify a bit further. I think the issues of recent have been top down, I do not think the trust is nearly as invested in the over all success as they once were. They are, and I dont need to say this as everyone here is most likely much smarter than I am, someone working with someone else's money is not as invested as someone working with their own. That is just where I am at with this team right now. The trust has failed to uphold, minus a couple of years where we lucked into a HOF QB and caught lightning in a bottle, what Pat had built.

Leadership from the top is not always all it takes, in this instance I think it is critical that it is changed, and even at the risk of having the team uprooted. (it is highly unlikely that would happen, its just a what if scenario to me)
    But … what does moving do to make them more competitive?

The biggest market on the planet has two of the worst teams in existence, so it’s not market size. Cheatriots, Pittsburgh and Green Bay have never moved and there’s 1000 Championships between them, so it’s not “change of scenery” thing either.

The new owners would need elite level bullshit making to justify moving this franchise.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

The Broncos aren't going anywhere...both statistically and geographically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    But … what does moving do to make them more competitive?

The biggest market on the planet has two of the worst teams in existence, so it’s not market size. Cheatriots, Pittsburgh and Green Bay have never moved and there’s 1000 Championships between them, so it’s not “change of scenery” thing either.

The new owners would need elite level bullshit making to justify moving this franchise.
    Nothing, nor did I claim it would. I am simply saying even if the team has to be moved, we need ownership in place. Not sure where the disconnect is here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information