Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Ownership News

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I'm rooting for him. There are a lot of fakers out there trying to get the team to raise their profile, but this guy doesn't seem to care about the attention. I don't want investment group drama either. Smith would be great for the organization

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Just read up a bit on Smith and his wife (former playmate of the year, Hope "I won't even try and spell her former name"). Sounds pretty interesting. He went from being a chemical engineer to being worth $6 billion or so. Sounds like he's been a pretty savvy investor and when he founded a private equity company, he made some really smart investments.

He and his wife have four kids. He funded college for those Boka Haram girls that were kidnapped years ago, and has done a fair amount of other notable charity things.

Sounds like an interesting guy, and based on his investing track record, and the fact this would be a sizable investment for him (vs. someone like Bezos, a Walton, etc.), he would likely be a more active owner, but also one that is hopefully smart enough to hire the right professionals and then let them run the football side of things.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Ok, looks like I wasted my time doing all that research on Smith (read: looking at all the pics of his wife on Instagram....):

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, looks like I wasted my time doing all that research on Smith (read: looking at all the pics of his wife on Instagram....):

Would have been nice bit I guess he isn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Would have been nice bit I guess he isn't interested.
    The more I read about him, the more I was getting intrigued.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Dudes wife is smokin hot!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You can join my consortium. I'm close, so your policy cash might help. I'm only about $4 billion short, but I think I can come up with the rest...
    I'll look around for some more cash also.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Whoever has the best interests for the Broncos. Someone who will love the Broncos like Mr Bowlen did.
    Last edited by Nomad; 03-12-2022 at 09:14 AM.

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I really would like it to be smith. Bezos obviously has money but after all the scrutiny on the way he treats his current Amazon employees I don't think that I'd be excited about him as an owner. And the guy just comes off as a total douchebag anyways. The way he ignored William shatner's emotion after getting off the space flight and tried to turn it into a publicity stunt really bothered me.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I really would like it to be smith. Bezos obviously has money but after all the scrutiny on the way he treats his current Amazon employees I don't think that I'd be excited about him as an owner. And the guy just comes off as a total douchebag anyways. The way he ignored William shatner's emotion after getting off the space flight and tried to turn it into a publicity stunt really bothered me.
    Reading you post made me go find the video of him editing the space shuttle or whatever and he was very emotional about what he seen and everyone else was just screaming cheering like idiot’s. I didn’t see where bezos said it was publicity stunt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Reading you post made me go find the video of him editing the space shuttle or whatever and he was very emotional about what he seen and everyone else was just screaming cheering like idiot’s. I didn’t see where bezos said it was publicity stunt.
    Bezos didn't say it was a publicity stunt. It was obvious because shatner was trying to explain how emotionally was and Jeff jumped in the picture and took over the interview.

19. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Bezos didn't say it was a publicity stunt. It was obvious because shatner was trying to explain how emotionally was and Jeff jumped in the picture and took over the interview.
    Idk what your talking about can you post the video? The video I seen Jeff came over and listened to him explain emotionally how the experience was and Jeff looked like he actually was into what he was saying and even hugged the man…

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Broncos sale facing another legal challenge

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Weeks before the Denver Broncos got their grove back by trading for quarterback Russell Wilson, the team received notice of more legal issues ahead of an impending sale.

In January, a Denver District Court judge ruled that the right of first refusal agreement between owner Pat Bowlen and former owner Edgar Kaiser was "no longer valid or enforceable in any respect." Kaiser's heirs appealed that ruling to the Colorado Court of Appeals on Feb. 25.

The trust that now runs the Broncos challenged the contention by Kaiser's heirs that the right of first refusal in the original agreement between Kaiser in Bowlen in 1984 was still valid. There was a one week trial in September, ahead of the January ruling that sided with the Broncos trust.

The appeals process will take time and could overlap, if not delay the sale of the Broncos.
    https://www.9news.com/article/sports...8-23f4d2380f76

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That blows.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What do the Kaiser’s still have to do with the Broncos? I read the article, but that agreement should of died with both of them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information