Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden suing NFL, Roger Goodell, saying they forced him out of Las Vegas Raiders job

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jon Gruden suing NFL, Roger Goodell, saying they forced him out of Las Vegas Raiders job

HENDERSON, Nev. -- Former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden is suing the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell in the wake of his private emails being leaked amid an investigation into the Washington Football Team.

Gruden's attorney, Adam Hosmer-Henner of McDonald Carano, said in a statement that the lawsuit was filed in the Eighth Judicial District Court in Clark County, Nevada.

"The complaint alleges that the defendants selectively leaked Gruden's private correspondence to the Wall Street Journal and New York Times in order to harm Gruden's reputation and force him out of his job," Hosmer-Henner said. "There is no explanation or justification for why Gruden's emails were the only ones made public out of the 650,000 emails collected in the NFL's investigation of the Washington Football Team or for why the emails were held for months before being released in the middle of the Raiders' season."
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...as-raiders-job

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

St Louis expansion team first new coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    St Louis expansion team first new coach
    You don't want them to win?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So, let me get this straight; the NFL sought to destroy Gruden’s career and reputation using his own words and ****** up Jim Crow world views?

Sounds legit.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He could argue exposing his bigotry was a hit job, regardless of the fact that it’s true.

He should just move on and focus on fixing himself. ROFL

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Someone ruined HIS CAREER using HIS WORDS … what a mind****!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Someone ruined HIS CAREER using HIS WORDS … what a mind****!
    Donald Sterling understands.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Unless he can find something criminal that the NFL did he has no case. But like King said Gruden should have just moved on as this will only make him look worse than he already is.

Sounds to me like if im going down im taking you with me......gettingnall the emails exposed
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Unless he can find something criminal that the NFL did he has no case. But like King said Gruden should have just moved on as this will only make him look worse than he already is.
    This is a civil case, not a criminal one. Very different. I actually think he has a very good case here. 600k+ emails collected in this investigation and only his get leaked? The problem for the NFL here is that if a judge thinks he has enough of a case to go forward, his lawyers can demand to see all the emails in that investigation in the discovery phase. And you know the absolute last thing the NFL wants is for all those emails to go public. So I imagine they'll offer him a massive settlement for that not to happen.

I'm with everyone else in here that he deserved to be fired for what he said. That's ultimately on him. But you have to be really, really naive to think that in 600k emails, his were literally the only ones that said something that would be a fireable offense. If a judge agrees that he was unfairly singled out and forces the NFL to release the rest of those emails, the NFL would be screwed.

The NFL ultimately opened this can of worms themselves letting gruden's emails get out. And now gruden is a guy who can never get back in the NFL anyway, so he literally has nothing to lose here.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is a civil case, not a criminal one. Very different. I actually think he has a very good case here. 600k+ emails collected in this investigation and only his get leaked? The problem for the NFL here is that if a judge thinks he has enough of a case to go forward, his lawyers can demand to see all the emails in that investigation in the discovery phase. And you know the absolute last thing the NFL wants is for all those emails to go public. So I imagine they'll offer him a massive settlement for that not to happen.

I'm with everyone else in here that he deserved to be fired for what he said. That's ultimately on him. But you have to be really, really naive to think that in 600k emails, his were literally the only ones that said something that would be a fireable offense. If a judge agrees that he was unfairly singled out and forces the NFL to release the rest of those emails, the NFL would be screwed.

The NFL ultimately opened this can of worms themselves letting gruden's emails get out. And now gruden is a guy who can never get back in the NFL anyway, so he literally has nothing to lose here.
    Oh I think he has a case.

But I think he’s being a dipshit for pursuing it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Oh I think he has a case.

But I think he’s being a dipshit for pursuing it.
    Why shouldn't he pursue it if he has a good case? He owes the NFL nothing at this point, they burned him. He'll never be involved in the NFL again and his legacy is completely destroyed now. I think most people would agree it was wrong for the NFL to just leak those emails to take gruden down and keep everything else sealed. They opened this can of worms, now they have to face that.

When you completely burn a guy to the point where he has nothing left to lose, this is what happens.

I think both things can be true that gruden is a piece of shit who deserved to lose his job, and that he's in the right to pursue this case against the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Sounds to me like if im going down im taking you with me......gettingnall the emails exposed
    If he has some shit on Goodell and company than im all for it. Not sure if he is just grasping but i would love nothing more than to see the league burn to the ground so that they can start over and revamp it with the right people.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Why shouldn't he pursue it if he has a good case? He owes the NFL nothing at this point, they burned him. He'll never be involved in the NFL again and his legacy is completely destroyed now. I think most people would agree it was wrong for the NFL to just leak those emails to take gruden down and keep everything else sealed. They opened this can of worms, now they have to face that.

When you completely burn a guy to the point where he has nothing left to lose, this is what happens.

I think both things can be true that gruden is a piece of shit who deserved to lose his job, and that he's in the right to pursue this case against the NFL.
    I think a sign of grace is going: I could fight this, but my priority should be on not being an awful human being. By going on the lawsuit it’s basically a sign of being upset at being caught than being upset with ones self.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think a sign of grace is going: I could fight this, but my priority should be on not being an awful human being. By going on the lawsuit it’s basically a sign of being upset at being caught than being upset with ones self.
    Only if he loses though, if he wins and exposes the NFL it will show the massive hypocrisy they have. Wont do the fans any good but it will at least start to clean house and force people to resign.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information