Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanny Jr

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Default Shanny Jr

It is increasingly likely that Kyle will be looking for a new job at the end of this season if they keep laying eggs. Do you want him?

Kyle Shanahan's 49ers Are Broken
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ers-are-broken

Shanahan has a 19-37 record has an NFL head coach.

He didn't have a quarterback for much of 2018 or 2020, injuries were a factor both seasons and the Niners weren't an especially talented team to begin with in those first two seasons, but 19-37? And now 3-5 and an NFC-worst minus-nine turnover margin with the roster in half-decent shape this year? Come on...

The 49ers entered this week with a team passer rating (91.1) outside of the bottom 10 in football, but Shanahan's offense only ranked in the middle of the pack with 24.0 points per game and they ranked in the bottom 12 in scoring defense.

Even if you include that 2019 season, the 49ers have by far the worst turnover margin in the NFL during the four-plus-year Shanahan era. But they've mortgaged everything on this team, and Lance in particular. To land him atop the 2021 draft, they parted with their next two first-round picks. And they're scheduled to possess practically no salary-cap space next offseason.

They're all-in, and only Lance has a shot at saving them from an inevitable gut-job and rebuild now. At this stage, though, it's fair to ask whether Shanahan is the right man for the job, and whether they have the right makeup to succeed regardless of Lance's progress in the weeks, months and years to come.

Now that he's out of excuses, all signs point to Shanahan not being the wunderkind or the legend-in-the-making he's been painted as. If the 49ers don't completely turn around this season in the next nine weeks, they'd be smart to cut bait and give Lance and Co. a new regime to work with entering 2022.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

yes. trade fangio right now. his value has never been higher. lmao!

3. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

19-37 is rather dismal. Amazing how quickly narratives change. He was a budding genius until Atlanta blew that Super Bowl lead against the Patriots. And then he was a true genius after San Fran’s 13-3 Super Bowl losing season. Now he sucks again.

5. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

It’s all about the right fit. He will do well with the Broncos I would dare to say...
    Bring him in for a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    It’s all about the right fit. He will do well with the Broncos I would dare to say...
    Bring him in for a look!
    we don't need a look. He's already family

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You mean as OC for Vic Fangio? Cool, I doubt he’d take the job but it’s cool.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I really wanted Shanny Jr when he was available. The 49ers are one of the most snakebit teams with injuries (the Broncos are very similar) so understanding that and realizing the #1 guy the 49ers can’t seem to keep healthy is their starting QB because Jimmy G is made of glass, I think it made a huge difference the season he was healthy and they went 13-3. The seasons he’s struggled with injury they’ve under performed. That’s why they got Lance who also, surprise, got nicked.

Honestly at this point, I don’t know how I’d feel about Shanny Jr. I’d probably be cool with him as long as he didn’t get personnel power. Shanahans just aren’t great with that. Leave Paton in charge of personnel and let Shanny make the offense awesome.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The common denominator between a good coach/bad coach seems to be proportional to the caliber of starting QB they have playing for them. Its almost like all the X's and O's don't matter if you can't execute at a high level from the most important position on the field! I'd rather our focus be on getting a franchise QB through free agency then worrying about the figurehead right now. John Fox looked like a world beater with Manning so if we get a Russel Wilson here or something I'd rather have some consistency. Right now the only people I'd think about getting rid of is the Special Teams coach and maybe Shurmur if he doesn't stick with running the ball like we did last week. If everything goes off the rails I'd love to have Kyle Shannahan I guess, but I'd much rather have him as an OC then a head coach.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That record in SF is hard to look past. I know they have had injuries and bad QB play, but so has this team and we're still sitting at 5-4 and in the playoff hunt with Fangio. Like others have said, I'd 100% take him as OC.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The common denominator between a good coach/bad coach seems to be proportional to the caliber of starting QB they have playing for them. Its almost like all the X's and O's don't matter if you can't execute at a high level from the most important position on the field! I'd rather our focus be on getting a franchise QB through free agency then worrying about the figurehead right now. John Fox looked like a world beater with Manning so if we get a Russel Wilson here or something I'd rather have some consistency. Right now the only people I'd think about getting rid of is the Special Teams coach and maybe Shurmur if he doesn't stick with running the ball like we did last week. If everything goes off the rails I'd love to have Kyle Shannahan I guess, but I'd much rather have him as an OC then a head coach.
    I'll piggy-back and say that it's the QB/OC (or HC) combo, treating both as an item until the QB essentially becomes the OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I’ve been saying all along Kyle is hated by 49er’s fans they do not dig that man.

And at this point no I do not want Kyle.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That record in SF is hard to look past. I know they have had injuries and bad QB play, but so has this team and we're still sitting at 5-4 and in the playoff hunt with Fangio. Like others have said, I'd 100% take him as OC.
    The 5-4 record is a complete sham. Of those 5 wins, only 1 won’t be drafting top 10 next year. Yeah, you can only play who’s on your schedule and the Patriots made a 20 year living feasting on the shittiest division ever, but until we can at least be competitive against playoff caliber teams outside of the one team that is the best in possibly the worst division (NFC East), we haven’t proven we’re any better. The NFC West is probably the best division and has been for some time. We’ll see how our 5-4 record looks in a couple weeks once we get into the meat of divisional play. Honestly, I’ll be surprised to see us win one divisional game and our division is extraordinarily average right now.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 11-09-2021 at 02:23 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The 5-4 record is a complete sham. Of those 5 wins, only 1 won’t be drafting top 10 next year. Yeah, you can only play who’s on your schedule and the Patriots made a 20 year living feasting on the shittiest division ever, but until we can at least be competitive against playoff caliber teams outside of the one team that is the best in possibly the worst division (NFC East), we haven’t proven we’re any better. The NFC West is probably the best division and has been for some time. We’ll see how our 5-4 record looks in a couple weeks once we get into the meat of divisional play. Honestly, I’ll be surprised to see us win one divisional game and our division is extraordinarily average right now.
    The fact of the matter is, we're facing the exact same issues that SF is: shitty QB play and lots of injuries. Even if you want to extend the sample size to encompass all of last season with Fangio and Shanahan, the niners are 9-15 over that span, Denver is 10-15. Basically identical.

This isn't really praise of Fangio. Just stating that Shanahan, facing similar circumstances, really hasn't done any better the last 2 years. Eventually Shanahan has to do something to show that 13-3 season wasn't a fluke, because it's starting to look more and more like the case.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The fact of the matter is, we're facing the exact same issues that SF is: shitty QB play and lots of injuries. Even if you want to extend the sample size to encompass all of last season with Fangio and Shanahan, the niners are 9-15 over that span, Denver is 10-15. Basically identical.

This isn't really praise of Fangio. Just stating that Shanahan, facing similar circumstances, really hasn't done any better the last 2 years. Eventually Shanahan has to do something to show that 13-3 season wasn't a fluke, because it's starting to look more and more like the case.
    Wait. What?

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait. What?
    You're right, was being hyperbolic to make the point. Last year we definitely had shitty QB play which I'll stand by, but this year it's been average. Jimmy G is probably also closer to average than pure shit. In any case, my overall point is that Denver and SF are in very similar boats the last two years, and Shanny hasn't done any better with it than Vic. If he flames out and gets fired this year, I'd be apprehensive to give him another shot immediately as a HC.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information