Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Charlie Campbell is hearing rumors as recently as last week that teams and scouts love Willis skillset the most and he has the highest ceiling and most likely will be the the 1st QB selected. Then this will be Followed by Corral and then Pickett.

Day 2 guys are Strong, Ridder and the Howell but many team sources according to Charlie apparently feel Strong and Ridder will both go in rd 1.
    I highly doubt he’s the first quarterback taken, there going to tear him down as a prospect the closer to thee draft we get

2. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    I highly doubt he’s the first quarterback taken, there going to tear him down as a prospect the closer to thee draft we get
    Why would they tear him down? The only reason i could see for him to drop would be the college he attended and level of competition.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why would they tear him down? The only reason i could see for him to drop would be the college he attended and level of competition.
    That’s just what franchises do when they want guy to slip a few spots in the draft

6. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

If this year guys like Hurts, Lamar, Allen to an extent, Kyler, Trey lance, and even the tysom guy in MSY do well, then it will boost him right to the top.

Malik has not played well down the stretch, but then again did Trey? If those QBs do well, front offices will see them and project Willis to do the same or better. Those QBs are going to be flooding the NFL landscape, especially once Watson is back in the lineups. Defense are going to have to adjust soon and teams start drafting for those types of players.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If this year guys like Hurts, Lamar, Allen to an extent, Kyler, Trey lance, and even the tysom guy in MSY do well, then it will boost him right to the top.

Malik has not played well down the stretch, but then again did Trey? If those QBs do well, front offices will see them and project Willis to do the same or better. Those QBs are going to be flooding the NFL landscape, especially once Watson is back in the lineups. Defense are going to have to adjust soon and teams start drafting for those types of players.
    I agree, the more success that a lot of the young QB's in the NFL have the likelihood that Malik goes top 5.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Willis will raise or fall depending on how he does interviews and how he does on the board talking football. The physical skills are there.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Since QB will mostly be irrelevant if Fangio comes back perhaps we should just go edge or OT this draft. I have zero hope in a rookie with this staff atm. Gimme a edge rusher instead at this point, although that's not a given either since Fangio likes to put pass rushers in coverage and guys who cant pass rush well at the LOS rushing the passer......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'd prefer bringing in a vet over any 1st round rookie QB. If the board falls poorly and the best OT and pass rush options are gone, OK, grab a project. If we even think about moving up for any of these schmucks, I may reconsider my fandom...

...he said in jest.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I still like Ridder. Would be an ideal option if we trade back to stockpile more picks. We already have extra in rounds 2 and 3. Move back a few for a guy like Ridder and get a future 1 and another 2 this year. Got your QB project and we could theoretically fix a lot with 5 more picks in the top 90.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I still like Ridder. Would be an ideal option if we trade back to stockpile more picks. We already have extra in rounds 2 and 3. Move back a few for a guy like Ridder and get a future 1 and another 2 this year. Got your QB project and we could theoretically fix a lot with 5 more picks in the top 90.
    Ridder is an intriguing prospect.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d...der/egzbnFBW6X

So my biggest issue with Ridder is this:

Progressions: Ridder can work progressions but asking him to consistently serve as a drop-back passer that has to exhaust progressions wouldn’t be the best utilization of his skill set. He’s the type of quarterback that will require a mix of manufactured throws, moving the pocket, RPOs, and involvement in the run game. He can do more to manipulate coverage with his eyes and execute full-field reads with consistency.

That's not a death sentence in the NFL these days. But eventually he's going to have to be solid at that. How good is the coaching going to be? How good will the OC be at finding a starting point for the rookie QB and guiding him to that endpoint?

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/d...der/egzbnFBW6X

So my biggest issue with Ridder is this:

Progressions: Ridder can work progressions but asking him to consistently serve as a drop-back passer that has to exhaust progressions wouldn’t be the best utilization of his skill set. He’s the type of quarterback that will require a mix of manufactured throws, moving the pocket, RPOs, and involvement in the run game. He can do more to manipulate coverage with his eyes and execute full-field reads with consistency.

That's not a death sentence in the NFL these days. But eventually he's going to have to be solid at that. How good is the coaching going to be? How good will the OC be at finding a starting point for the rookie QB and guiding him to that endpoint?
    Which is why I would prefer a trade back scenario if we look at QB in a poor class like this. They are all flawed.
    I think Fields would be the no brainer 1st QB off the board in this draft. How long did he wait to get picked in 2021?

Sure, we invest a 1st for the position. But we also gain picks to somewhat counterbalance the risk. This crop has nobody I would go all in for. If we can add 2 or 3 picks to strengthen the functional depth of the entire roster, it's a risk well worth taking IMHO.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Which is why I would prefer a trade back scenario if we look at QB in a poor class like this. They are all flawed.
    I think Fields would be the no brainer 1st QB off the board in this draft. How long did he wait to get picked in 2021?

Sure, we invest a 1st for the position. But we also gain picks to somewhat counterbalance the risk. This crop has nobody I would go all in for. If we can add 2 or 3 picks to strengthen the functional depth of the entire roster, it's a risk well worth taking IMHO.
    Fields should have been a top five pick. That's a different rant, but the Jets are about the worst evaluators and thinkers in the NFL. Wilson, even if he could be a good QB, is doomed there. It's more telling that SF went with Trey Lance. Fields was legitimate as a prospect. I wish Pitt had him. )=

I don't disagree with your strategy at all. I'm just talking about Ridder in general. I think that he--like many QB's--could work his way into the first round. He's second on the list of QB's for this draft class, IMO.

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Pickett will be a better pro than Fields personally. But lets face it, all of the rookie QB's this year have looked pretty bland at times so there really is no sure fire pick in my opinion. My only problem with taking Ridder is i dont want anymore projects in the second round which is where is projected to go. I just think its high time Denver went after a 1st round talent and took the position seriously for once.

28. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think Pickett will be a better pro than Fields personally. But lets face it, all of the rookie QB's this year have looked pretty bland at times so there really is no sure fire pick in my opinion. My only problem with taking Ridder is i dont want anymore projects in the second round which is where is projected to go. I just think its high time Denver went after a 1st round talent and took the position seriously for once.
    I don't blame you. If there were one or more blue chippers it'd probably be worth it to just pony up and take one. Half-measures are only great when you're in a position to take them. Ideally Denver would trade for an established stud QB and then nab someone like Ridder and develop them on the bench. That'd be the best of both worlds. Plus then you can get rid of Lock and end that saga.

30. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information