Thread: Broncos Trading Von Miller to Rams

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Godspeed Lawn Miller.
    Yours response was even better than my original post. Godspeed

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Even if Von has 5 more Pro Bowl seasons left in him, which I think is realistic, we can't just keep paying him $25-30 mil a year with a bottom 10 offense. We need the cap space and draft picks to overhaul the offense which has been brutal since PFM departed. And again, it buys us the flexibility to be opportunistic because we don't know which path is going to be best yet - draft, trade, free agency... And we don't know what our schemes are going to look like headed into next season with a potential new coaching staff.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Some high-quality BS from Paton and Fangio here:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/s...and-john-elway

"As we build this team for sustained success, our mindset does not change: Our goal is to win. I'm confident in the players and our leadership, and we're excited for the second half of the season."

"George and I had several conversations as this trade got closer, and we're on the same page with this opportunity. In speaking with our captains and the team today, I told them I believe in our players. Our mindset is to move forward together, improve and win."

5. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Even if Von has 5 more Pro Bowl seasons left in him, which I think is realistic, we can't just keep paying him $25-30 mil a year with a bottom 10 offense. We need the cap space and draft picks to overhaul the offense which has been brutal since PFM departed. And again, it buys us the flexibility to be opportunistic because we don't know which path is going to be best yet - draft, trade, free agency... And we don't know what our schemes are going to look like headed into next season with a potential new coaching staff.
    They already had the third most cap space in the NFL, plus they’re paying the rest of his salary anyway, this certainly wasn’t a money saving move.

7. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Goodnight Sweet Prince...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-01 (68).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	19190

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

"As we build this team for sustained success, our mindset does not change: Our goal is to win. I'm confident in the players and our leadership, and we're excited for the second half of the season."

"George and I had several conversations as this trade got closer, and we're on the same page with this opportunity. In speaking with our captains and the team today, I told them I believe in our players. Our mindset is to move forward together, improve and win."
    They’re committed to winning… lol. Really committed when they’re replacing star players with JAGs. Can we banish these clowns to the CFL?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

Fangio isnt getting fired. they gunna let him stay on for another year.

Im done.

They sabotaging drew from even leaving this shitty franchise. Trade Drew now so i can root for a new team please thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Too bad our next game isn't a home game.

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Imagine trading Von Miller but keeping Fangio and Shurmur, even Tom McMahon…. Lol, can’t make this stuff up.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Imagine trading Von Miller but you’re still rolling out Teddy B as your QB…

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    Imagine trading Von Miller but you’re still rolling out Teddy B as your QB…

20. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Kiszla: Cry for all the good times Von Miller gave Broncos Country. But dry those eyes and see his responsibility for team’s sad current state.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/0...ayoff-drought/

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    We're going to find out really quickly that Vons not nearly as washed up as everyone is making him out to be. He's been double and triple teamed because Chubb can't stay on the field. He hasn't had a consistently legitimate threat on the other side since 2015. He's going to be eating greedy again
    I don't think Von is washed up. But again, there's no guarantee he was ever gonna play here again after this year. That's a big risk to risk letting him walk for nothing when you have the offer on the table from the Rams.

I really don't know why so many of you are convinced he was definitely going to re-sign here. He literally turned down an extension this past offseason. Yes said extension came with a paycut, but that at least says to me he still wanted another big contract. Which he will get and deserves.

But it's completely understandable if Denver was leery of giving a 31 year old with recent major injuries another massive cap-straining deal.

We need to use Occam's Razor here. Both sides likely knew they weren't going to reach a deal on an extension this offseason, so instead of letting him walk for nothing, Denver hooked him up with a shot at another ring and got some good compensation in return.

It's absolutely wild to me that people think this is a fireable offense for Paton. That has to just be the emotion of the moment talking. It's the most shrewd move he's made here in my opinion. I'm impressed he had the balls to do it.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    so i can root for a new team please thanks.
    Dude, you can change teams anytime brother. You dont need Drew to do that. Lol

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This doesn't sound like a guy bitter about being done wrong by the Broncos. I get that people want to think he was committed to being a Bronco for life, and I do think he wanted that in an ideal world, but I also think he knows his value and was ready to test the market. And Denver did right by him and gave him the best chance to increase his value heading into free agency.

Von is at peace with it. Let's do the same.

28. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information