Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to talk about Dan Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Lock is under contract next year. I'd be stupid to let him go and even stupider to believe the Broncos will cut bait at this point.

No, I'm not wiling to bet on that....
    Do you wanna bet? J/K
    Yeah, that’s another aspect the fan base has already discounted, and that is that Lock is good as gone. He performed well, and he went as far as Shurmur’s offense allowed him to, but overall he showed some mettle. I’ll bet he will do extremely well under Hackett’s offense. That will be a match made in heaven!
    Last edited by Strafen; 01-19-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Do you wanna bet? J/K
    Yeah, that’s another aspect the fan base has already discounted, and that is that Lock is good as gone. He performed well, and he went as far as Shurmur’s offense allowed him to, but overall he showed some mettle. I’ll bet he will do extremely well under Hackett’s offense. That will be a match made in heaven!
    I would like to see what he did with a decent o coordinator. I wouldn’t bet on him, but I’d be curious to see.

3. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

5. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Do you wanna bet? J/K
    His future in Denver is very much in doubt. I think if we draft one early, he's gone. If we build up the squad and/or grab a vet, he may still be around since he isn't expensive

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    His future in Denver is very much in doubt. I think if we draft one early, he's gone. If we build up the squad and/or grab a vet, he may still be around since he isn't expensive
    I don’t think it will cost anything to keep him, unless it becomes a numbers game. I doubt he will stick around unless he gets a chance to yet again fight for the starting job, which by the way, Bridgewater is still with the team and his future with the Broncos is as uncertain as Lock’s
    Last edited by Strafen; 01-19-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don’t think it will coast anything to keep him, unless it becomes a numbers game. I doubt he will stick around unless he gets a chance to yet again fight for the staring job, which by the way, Bridgewater is still with the team and his future with the Broncos is as uncertain as Lock’s
    I doubt a new coach will want him around if we go with a rookie. No sense in having unnecessary drama.

Teddy is a UFA

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I doubt a new coach will want him around if we go with a rookie. No sense in having unnecessary drama.

Teddy is a UFA
    I don’t think we would start a rookie over Lock if that’s all we’d have. Most likely we’ll be carrying 3 QBs. Again, at this point I don’t even have a clear picture who our quarterbacks are going to be at the beginning of the season. I can’t even speculate, that’s how I see it right now. Too tough to call. The off-season moves and whatever happens in the draft will show a more clear picture. We’re still ways away from knowing anything. Just like getting the right coach, nailing down the quarterback situation is just as important and they go hand in hand with the future of the team going forward.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'd say there is almost zero chance Drew Lock is on the roster to start next season. Paton isn't going to saddle the new coach with a lame duck QB in the final year of his contract who has been very polarizing and is unlikely to be given a realistic shot to win the starting job.

The Broncos made it clear that Lock was just a backup this year -- not a guy who they were evaluating as QBOTF. It's a silver lining that he had a non-disastrous end to the year, so his trade value is probably as high as it's been in two years. I fully expect Lock to be traded this offseason and would be very surprised by any other outcome.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

My money still says he is here unless he is part of a trade package for a QB. Been saying that for a while and I see no reason it will change. Unless we have Russ, Rodgers, Watson, he is staying. If we get a cousins or meatball he will stay. If we draft a QB (even Hackett at 3) he stays.

There is no way we go into the season with another Teddy and a rookie and ryp. Why would we sign another Teddy when we have lock already? I think people are just too quick to get rid of lock or think he can force his way out but Rodgers OR Wilson cannot.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    My money still says he is here unless he is part of a trade package for a QB. Been saying that for a while and I see no reason it will change. Unless we have Russ, Rodgers, Watson, he is staying. If we get a cousins or meatball he will stay. If we draft a QB (even Hackett at 3) he stays.

There is no way we go into the season with another Teddy and a rookie and ryp. Why would we sign another Teddy when we have lock already? I think people are just too quick to get rid of lock or think he can force his way out but Rodgers OR Wilson cannot.
    Again...I just don't think if we get a rookie, his presence will be considered healthy to the organization by the powers that be. There will likely be a couple of vets better than Teddy. If we get one of them, Lock could very well stay

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If Paton intends on rolling into Training Camp with Drew Lock as starting QB, he's a dead man walking.

Abe not gonna like this but gonna post it anway!

OTOH, this may cheer Abe up!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Abe not gonna like this but gonna post it anway!

1. Kubiak did not have one of the best QBs in the league in Houston.

2. Shanny was with the trash heap Raiders.

3. Fox didn't win a SB and had a statistically amazing offense while here - he's a very good comparison with Quinn. A good coach, good guy. He'll get you to the dance but will never get the girl.

19. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Perhaps Quinn to Giants and trading to get Wilson?

21. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information