Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to talk about Dan Quinn

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Can someone who doesn't like Quinn try to sell me on Quinn?
    The reasons for optimism if we hire him are that he's been to two Super Bowls in the last decade with two different defenses, he will likely be able to assemble a pretty good staff given his reputation and connections -- and he apparently comes with a good relationship with Paton to start.

I still have my reservations given the needs on offense -- but if we weren't just coming off of Vic & VJ and instead had some young offensive coach flame out due to having no competent QBs, this move might seem more appealing. I'm not sure if our angst around getting an offensive-minded coach is really commiserate with the impact they can have -- in reality it's going to come down to the QB.

And all of that said, I'd still prefer to let the pendulum swing back to the offensive side with this hire, I think it needs more love and continuity.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I cant and ill call it now if we hire Quinn it will be more of the same that we have had the last 6 years.
    Disagree IF...

We get a wilson, rodgers, watson.

If not and we try to make it with one of the QBs from this draft- my only hopeful QBs are (Pickett, Willis, Strong and all will need time imo) then its going to be more of the same until the next year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Disagree IF...

We get a wilson, rodgers, watson.

If not and we try to make it with one of the QBs from this draft- my only hopeful QBs are (Pickett, Willis, Strong and all will need time imo) then its going to be more of the same until the next year.
    You can almost scratch Wilson’s name unless Broncos give up the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Give up the farm.

Whats the point of going with a cousins or Jimmy G or 2nd round pick and watching lock start over them next year- and then the year after that. ONLY to hope that the QB from the 23 class develops in time while we still have our roster together. The picks to trade up for that QB will likely cost a few (assuming we are not a top 5 pick next year (doubtful with our roster).

So if that is the case then why not cough it up for whomever.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos complete interview with Cowboys DC Dan Quinn

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...s-dc-dan-quinn

'I can't say enough good things': The Athletic's Jon Machota explains why Dan Quinn could be ready for another head-coaching opportunity

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...-why-dan-quinn

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Give up the farm.

Whats the point of going with a cousins or Jimmy G or 2nd round pick and watching lock start over them next year- and then the year after that. ONLY to hope that the QB from the 23 class develops in time while we still have our roster together. The picks to trade up for that QB will likely cost a few (assuming we are not a top 5 pick next year (doubtful with our roster).

So if that is the case then why not cough it up for whomever.

I think in any case no matter if they get one of the big 3 or another retread (Cousins) Lock wont be around anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Not sure how much we would have to give up for those high prized quarterbacks, but in the case of Wilson he’s got good thread left to where we could recover and actually become competitive, what I don’t want is us to mortgage our future for a guy like Cousins

9. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If the Vikings try to get a first rounder for Cousins they wont get it.

I think in any case no matter if they get one of the big 3 or another retread (Cousins) Lock wont be around anyway.
    I do not care if lock is around or not. Although if we do not get one of the big 3 and do not get cousins or meatball, lock stays.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I do not care if lock is around or not. Although if we do not get one of the big 3 and do not get cousins or meatball, lock stays.
    Well of course, Lock would be the only real option at that point. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Lock is under contract next year. I'd be stupid to let him go and even stupider to believe the Broncos will cut bait at this point.

No, I'm not wiling to bet on that....

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Lock is under contract next year. I'd be stupid to let him go and even stupider to believe the Broncos will cut bait at this point.

No, I'm not wiling to bet on that....
    It may have more to do with Lock than the organization itself. Im sure in any circumstance the FO doesnt mind keeping Lock on the bench. The issue will be if Lock himself will mind sitting the bench another year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It may have more to do with Lock than the organization itself. Im sure in any circumstance the FO doesnt mind keeping Lock on the bench. The issue will be if Lock himself will mind sitting the bench another year.
    I personally don't think he will. I don't believe we'll secure a veteran, and if we do draft someone, everyone in this class seems to be a project too.

Plus, we have what Paton said:

So does Lock, who has played an improved brand of football over the past three weeks, play into the conversation moving forward?

"No doubt. Definitely," Paton said. "How Drew did this year and kind of how he evolved, we want every candidate to have an opinion on Drew. How are you going to get the best out of Drew? Do they have knowledge of the college quarterbacks? Do you have knowledge of the free-agent quarterbacks? Who have you been around and what's your ideal quarterback? What type of philosophy are you going to run on offense? It's a big conversation when you're interviewing these guys. It can go to five to seven hours, and quarterback is obviously a very big part of the conversation."
    Lost the link - sorry!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I personally don't think he will. I don't believe we'll secure a veteran, and if we do draft someone, everyone in this class seems to be a project too.

Plus, we have what Paton said:

Lost the link - sorry!

I have a feeling though that Paton is just not burning any bridges here because as of now Lock is all Denver has (unless they keep Bridgewater). I just do not see Denver getting guys like Carr or Cousins who have started many years in the league all of a sudden taking a back seat to Drew. And going by Drew's own statements he wants to be a starter in the NFL so i really dont see him wanting to sit another year in Denver.

This seems like a weak year for QBs in the draft and free agency. I hope we find a diamond in the rough. Sometimes even the more hyped-up QB classes end up weak like the Jamarcus Russell/Brady Quinn draft.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information