Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Hackett Press conference

Default Coach Hackett Press conference

Minute 17’ of the presser is when he talks about the outside zone. That is instant wood right there!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Minute 17’ of the presser is when he talks about the outside zone. That is instant wood right there!
    “That’s where this offense evolved from”.

Statistically we’re going to get more inside zone and a variation of gap (Less pulling lineman) than outside zone … if Hackett’s actual history is any indication.

I’m fighting you on this because, imo, the last thing the Broncos need is 1996 dogma. I hope you’re wrong, so does Javonte Williams.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    “That’s where this offense evolved from”.

Statistically we’re going to get more inside zone and a variation of gap (Less pulling lineman) than outside zone … if Hackett’s actual history is any indication.

I’m fighting you on this because, imo, the last thing the Broncos need is 1996 dogma. I hope you’re wrong, so does Javonte Williams.
    Out of the horse’s mouth we’ve all heard he’s going to be running outside zone, but you say it ain’t so, it’s inside zone. Got it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.giants.com/news/anatomy-...fense-20282257

Here’s a 2 second search of Shurmur’s outside percentage with Vikings, I’m not doing the math but his usage of OZ with the Broncos was second only to inside zone.

Conversely, the only time Hackett ran more OZ was in ‘16, otherwise he ran mostly inside zone.

Hopefully … hopefully … we do not see a return to full retard OZ.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I listened again. But please tell us what YOU’ve heard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I heard a coach describing one of the tenets of his philosophy, that’s it.

The outside zone is not a system.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He talks about being adjustable based on what his players do well, injuries, etc. And before that he talked about how offense dictates control of the game, and sometimes you'll do things differently than other times.

He did say that the offense starts with the outside zone because it forces teams to cover the entire field--which is something that you see a lot in SF and LA, to a lesser extent--but it didn't sound like he was saying his system is the OZ. It seems more like, and this is subjective, that the OZ is a part of his system. A big part, but not the system itself.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

When asked about the offense Hackett said he’s excited about all the going talent he has on offense including the YOUNG QUARTERBACK, it’s clear Hackett believes he can take Lock to the next level! I’m so happy for Drew Lock finally having a great competent HC who knows what he’s doing and believes in him to the point he feels like Lock is one of those exciting young pieces on offense for him to work with!

This will give us the opportunity to draft an elite edge rusher, LB or RT with our top 10 pick! Lets go Drewwwww!!!! You finally have great coaching whose going to believe in you! Jerry Jeudy is about to take off as well! Our offense is about to be so legit!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He talks about being adjustable based on what his players do well, injuries, etc. And before that he talked about how offense dictates control of the game, and sometimes you'll do things differently than other times.

He did say that the offense starts with the outside zone because it forces teams to cover the entire field--which is something that you see a lot in SF and LA, to a lesser extent--but it didn't sound like he was saying his system is the OZ. It seems more like, and this is subjective, that the OZ is a part of his system. A big part, but not the system itself.
    It will be a staple of his system. That’s how he’s been able to successfully install this type of offense in Green Bay and Jacksonville. He was saying how he tweaks formation of the same play in different ways. Not only did I listen to the presser, but the KOA after interview with Dave Logan and Big Al who pressed him for more info about the outside zone and he was able to elaborate in more details than he expressed in his presser.
    He said that system is designed to get big yardage running the ball. Do you guys remember the old Shanahan west coast offense that yield multiple 1000-yard runners? If you do, then you should understand the concept of Hackett system

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It will be a staple of his system. That’s how he’s been able to successfully install this type of offense in Green Bay and Jacksonville. He was saying how he tweaks formation of the same play in different ways. Not only did I listen to the presser, but the KOA after interview with Dave Logan and Big Al who pressed him for more info about the outside zone and he was able to elaborate in more details than he expressed in his presser.
    He said that system is designed to get big yardage running the ball. Do you guys remember the old Shanahan west coast offense that yield multiple 1000-yard runners? If you do, then you should understand the concept of Hackett system
    So I understand the concept just fine. I think you and Jaded are essentially arguing over nothing.

16. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I heard a coach describing one of the tenets of his philosophy, that’s it.

The outside zone is not a system.
    I should’ve been more technical. The outside zone is part of the original west coast offense. There’s been variations of it that rely on the RPO and roll outs. The outside zone relies on the running game and lot of teams nowadays are all about passing the ball and have a generic running game. I’m sorry if I may have misstated my initial comment that this is an exclusive system of Hackett, it’s just the system that he runs, the outside zone is a key component of his offense. Hope this clears up any confusion

18. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Javonte Williams is licking his chops! Dudes about to break out even better than he did last year, he will be the clear cut number 1 being fed the ball. Which holds well for our broncos because he gets stronger and stronger as the game goes on and defenses do not want to tackle this beast in the 4th quarter! I can honestly see Javonte having 1600 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns in this offense. Especially with how teams will have to play Lock and the passing attack with all these damn weapons we have.

I am so excited about this coach Hackett and what he’s bringing to the team!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So I understand the concept just fine. I think you and Jaded are essentially arguing over nothing.
    I have no idea what he was arguing about. He may have been hitting the booze hard tonight because he was denying what Hackett said, or didn’t said that was clearly from the presser to be verified
    Last edited by Strafen; 01-29-2022 at 04:04 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I think it was one helluva hire.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information