Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to talk about Dan Quinn

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Every generation feels like the ones coming behind can't do the job until they actually do it.

You are a mummy, a husk of a man, and devoid of a soul. I curse you. You are now doomed.
    yeah. . . it's always good to have slim in the house-- even if i wanted to fight him right up to the pre-ordained bit. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Maybe he is the best option, but if he is, why such a weak list of interviewees? (Is that a word)
    aside from pederson, who else would you have wanted?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I love Slim. But he hurt me, especially by ignoring what's happening in the NFL now. Slim has betrayed me, and I'll never forgi...oh who am I kidding I'd give my McRib to Slim. I can't quit him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Every generation feels like the ones coming behind can't do the job until they actually do it.

You are a mummy, a husk of a man, and devoid of a soul. I curse you. You are now doomed.
    I disagree.

Young folks drive innovation in a lot of ways. You are correct about that.

But integrating ideas into mainstream thought takes a different skill set. It takes an understanding of human interaction, which is something that takes experience to understand.

I know you will minimize this based on your own experience…which is kind of perfect, if you think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    aside from pederson, who else would you have wanted?
    Yeah, the most noteworthy guys the Broncos aren’t considering are Pederson, Daboll, and Leftwich. And maybe Flores and DeMeco Ryans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I disagree.

Young folks drive innovation in a lot of ways. You are correct about that.

But integrating ideas into mainstream thought takes a different skill set. It takes an understanding of human interaction, which is something that takes experience to understand.

I know you will minimize this based on your own experience…which is kind of perfect, if you think about it.
    You are in your right to disagree.

Young folks drive innovation, I agree.

However, a lot of facts dispute your assessment. If the swathe of young head coaches who were barely coordinators/if coordinators at all (McVay, Shanahan, Vrabel, Harbaugh, Tomlin, Sriacha from Philly, Taylor, and so and so forth) doesn't hammer that home, I can find a lot of other examples. How many youngsters tear it up these days in Silicon Valley and Wall Street? They're doing more than just innovation. Even in a traditional and old school field, such as law, look at the youth on the Supreme Court. Wanna talk about human interaction?

If you want to talk about interaction, how about how NFL coaches that are younger are better able to relate with their players? That literally is an accepted fact and literally contradicts your point.

And you cannot accuse any of those arguments I just made as minimalizing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

However, a lot of facts dispute your assessment. If the swathe of young head coaches who were barely coordinators/if coordinators at all (McVay, Shanahan, Vrabel, Harbaugh, Tomlin, Sriacha from Philly, Taylor, and so and so forth) doesn't hammer that home, I can find a lot of other examples. How many youngsters tear it up these days in Silicon Valley and Wall Street? They're doing more than just innovation. Even in a traditional and old school field, such as law, look at the youth on the Supreme Court. Wanna talk about human interaction?

If you want to talk about interaction, how about how NFL coaches that are younger are better able to relate with their players? That literally is an accepted fact and literally contradicts your point.

May or may not apply to this argument, but...

In my world, there is no replacement for experience. Youth and inexperience can get people hurt if not cultivated by those with time in.

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    May or may not apply to this argument, but...

In my world, there is no replacement for experience. Youth and inexperience can get people hurt if not cultivated by those with time in.
    People get hurt more by the reverse just as much, but we don't talk about that a lot.

Regarding the NFL, proof's in the pudding. Whether people want to admit it or not. You either have it or you don't. Just turns out that NFL GMs are finding out younger folks are much more capable than previously thought. You can't give it to anyone, not all youngsters are equal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I agree. We should hire VJ.

The young guy is always the right guy!!

Your arguments are garbage and I’m not wasting time on them. Be better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I've also found that the best teacher is failure. Just because some young folks show up and are innovative, doesn't mean they can't, themselves, improve due to their experiences. The important part of their evolution is how they adjust to those who catch on to their innovations. Are they a 1 trick pony? Can they adjust to adjustments?

As with every aspect of life...balance is key.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I agree. We should hire VJ.

The young guy is always the right guy!!

Your arguments are garbage and I’m not wasting time on them. Be better.
    I literally never said "hire just any young guy," but you represent that as my argument because you have no valid rebuttal. I never said the younger guy was always right, but you represent that as my argument.

Don't get pissy with me because you can't support your position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I've also found that the best teacher is failure. Just because some young folks show up and are innovative, doesn't mean they can't, themselves, improve due to their experiences.

As with every aspect of life...balance is key.
    Who said they can't get better? That point would actually strengthen the case for hiring a younger person, all things considered.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Good grief.

This is perfect. I listen to everyone, regardless of their age. Some have good ideas, some don’t.

The difference between you and me is that I listen.

Go on and pound the table. Being loud and stubborn doesn’t make you right.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Good grief.

This is perfect. I listen to everyone, regardless of their age. Some have good ideas, some don’t.

The difference between you and me is that I listen.

Go on and pound the table. Being loud and stubborn doesn’t make you right.
    I'm sure you do. I didn't say you didn't.

You have no idea as to who I am as a person. Pretending that you do doesn't make it so. In the real world I have meaningful conversations every day with people who are and think differently than I do. Just because I argue hard and fold when someone wants me to doesn't mean I'm stubborn. Or just being loud. Or that I don't listen. Congratulations on taking a football conversation and turning it into a potshot fest. I could just as easily accuse you of being stubborn, or anything you shove my way. The difference is, to borrow your verbiage, is that I don't see the worst in you, or presume it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I literally never said "hire just any young guy," but you represent that as my argument because you have no valid rebuttal. I never said the younger guy was always right, but you represent that as my argument.

Don't get pissy with me because you can't support your position.
    You said what you said. It’s all good, my man.

You are an ageist. It be what it be.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information