Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we save the season?

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The best thing for the franchise would be to not save the season. What would saving the season look like anyway? A wildcard birth and first round ouster? Then what, we pick 16th to 20th and pick a DT, resign Teddy and repeat this God awful shit for yet another season. Hell, at this point even that is a pipedream.

Let's tank and rebuild this thing. Constantly living in 9 win Max pergatory is terrible.
    I agree. Some franchises can do more with less, we’re just the other way around. I thought we were loaded with talent and depth at every position, only to find out that only looked good on paper
    We need a better GM already, Paton everything I ever needed to know about him, I learned on draft day, Bridgewater, and his inability to address our linebackers and the OL. Well, quarterbacks also...
    Instead he added to an already stack up secondary, which is probably the most expensive in all football and the most underachieving in the NFL
    Bringing Bridgewater didn’t to this franchise any favors; none!

2. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think you're being a little overdramatic about what equates to a couple of back of the roster filling moves.
    Have my 37 posts today been a little bit much? Yes, I think that's a fair thing to point out...

You'll have to forgive me I've just been fantasizing about the GM working the phones for Deshaun Watson or Von Miller or some move that will alter the direction of this franchise -- so it's a little disheartening to hear that he's been grinding tape with Vic about how we can fill the C gap against Washington. I'm just waiting for them to think bigger -- but of course you uber rational, very earnest posters will point out the two aren't mutually exclusive, and you are correct.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Have my 37 posts today been a little bit much? Yes, I think that's a fair thing to point out...

You'll have to forgive me I've just been fantasizing about the GM working the phones for Deshaun Watson or Von Miller or some move that will alter the direction of this franchise -- so it's a little disheartening to hear that he's been grinding tape with Vic about how we can fill the C gap against Washington. I'm just waiting for them to think bigger -- but of course you uber rational, very earnest posters will point out the two aren't mutually exclusive, and you are correct.
    Thank you for acknowledging my uber rational, earnest point. That's all I wanted!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I think you're being a little overdramatic about what equates to a couple of back of the roster filling moves.
    he's a little in his feels today, but that's okay. . . it's a poor substitute for angry midget content, but at least he cares. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    thanks, i try. . .
    Hey hey man your doing a good job. 👏🏿 👏🏿

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    So we should fire sale all our veteran talent? Hmmm I’m not sure bro. Trading Miller fuller Patrick are 3 veteran players that definitely would bring back decent draft capital but von Miller I feel like deserves to retire a bronco
    That is not even close to what I said.

Fuller is riding the bench so he is about worthless in trade. Patrick is a pending free agent and while he may fetch some value in a trade, there is really no reason to trade him unless Paton expects to be aggressive in free agency which would wipe out the comp pick we would be due for losing Patrick.

Von Miller deserves the choice of playing out his contract here or being traded to a team with some cap space and slightly more wins. If Miller wants to be a Bronco for life he should be, but if he wants a shot at another ring before he hangs up the cleats he should get that option too. I tend to believe that given the choice, Miller would accept a trade to Dallas, we would need to make the salary cap with Dallas, but I think it can be done.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Crazy that if the season ended today, the Bengals would be the #1 seed and the Raiders the #2. That is how quickly a season can change. Given the number of absolutely shitty teams we are not going to submarine past, might as well try and win. They really should start Lock though, especially with TBW banged up. I had hoped he could keep his play up against the better teams, but that is not the case. If Lock flames out then the season is toast, but they should at least give themselves a chance to turn it around.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Dude I think Young starts, he’s spent a season as a starter in Fangio’s defense and he’s by far the most experienced ILB left on the team.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Crazy that if the season ended today, the Bengals would be the #1 seed and the Raiders the #2. That is how quickly a season can change. Given the number of absolutely shitty teams we are not going to submarine past, might as well try and win. They really should start Lock though, especially with TBW banged up. I had hoped he could keep his play up against the better teams, but that is not the case. If Lock flames out then the season is toast, but they should at least give themselves a chance to turn it around.
    Absolutely, gotta swing for the fences with Lock at this point.

Yup but the thing that changed is the bengals now have a quarterback, and the raiders have a quarterback as well whose always been underrated whose playing good football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Dude I think Young starts, he’s spent a season as a starter in Fangio’s defense and he’s by far the most experienced ILB left on the team.
    I’d be fine with him starting, he should know what’s going on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

Brown asked to be cut.
    I think his sickle cell at a mile high made him nervous and he knew he couldn't beat out anyone here with No QB.

Hopefully Raiders take him back and we kick their ass on his fumble or something.

Love the new ILB and the new OLB is a good pick up too.
    Wish we tried to upgrade ILB earlier though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Yup but the thing that changed is the bengals now have a quarterback, and the raiders have a quarterback as well whose always been underrated whose playing good football.
    Just saying that it is proof how wide open the entire AFC still is. KFC has 4 losses and has looked really bad at times. Buffalo is probably the most complete team, but they can be had. Denver can't afford to lose anymore games to teams they 'should' beat though, like this week against the WFT. The NFC is the better conference by a mile this year, so if ever we were going to make a run, now would be a good time to get that started.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The season is saved by drinking a shit ton of beer or alcohol during every game so by the end you don't Remember it anyway and think your undefeated when you pass out. Cant speak for what happens the next day, but its a start
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Just saying that it is proof how wide open the entire AFC still is. KFC has 4 losses and has looked really bad at times. Buffalo is probably the most complete team, but they can be had. Denver can't afford to lose anymore games to teams they 'should' beat though, like this week against the WFT. The NFC is the better conference by a mile this year, so if ever we were going to make a run, now would be a good time to get that started.
    This is true. However I don't know if I want this. I always want wins, but making a run, means more years of Fangio, Shurmur and Teddy. Unless this run ends in a SB trophy, f all that noise......I would rather have a top 10 pick, new staff and reset then make the playoffs this year and lose in rd 1 to god help us the raiders or some dumb shit lol......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information