Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does our FO know the value of QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    How about the absolutely ridiculous move not to make a realistic offer for Stafford? This FO is so terrible at their jobs
    Posters here are more worried about the quality of the threads than the quality of FO.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...roncos-raiders

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm convinced this is just a lost season from the start and Paton knew that. You can't draft a QB of the future and other long-term plans until ownership is in place which is rumored to happen early next year. New owners will clean house and back whichever direction the new coaching staff wants to go in. Its going to be a clean slate in 2022, the FO is just scouting this team this season to see who is staying, who is getting cut/fired, and who is trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm convinced this is just a lost season from the start and Paton knew that. You can't draft a QB of the future and other long-term plans until ownership is in place which is rumored to happen early next year. New owners will clean house and back whichever direction the new coaching staff wants to go in. Its going to be a clean slate in 2022, the FO is just scouting this team this season to see who is staying, who is getting cut/fired, and who is trade bait.
    Agree, as I’ve been saying. I think Paton hoped this year’s team could compete but knew this wasn’t a long term solution. New staff, and hopefully new QB, next year.

4. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Hey, whatever you guys gotta tell yourselves to feel better:

“Paton is going to magically fix everything, he just needs an owner! You’ll see!”

6. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

“Paton is going to magically fix everything, he just needs an owner! You’ll see!”
    That’s a fair point, and I hope nobody thinks that. And it’s more than just that. Take the Jets, for example. Got rid of a terrible coach, brought in a highly respected new coach, drafted a highly rated QB high, and guess what? They still stink. It doesn’t happen automatically, and it doesn’t happen overnight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Nope, never said it was going to be a fix. Thats just the plan IMHO. Just like I plan to retire when a billionaire hits me in his auto-pilot Tesla and I sue him for damages. Ownership just gives us direction, where that direction leads could be anywhere. Pat Bowlen was the right mix of competitive and rich who hated losing. If we end up with someone like Bezos I assume the South Stands will get a party deck like Coors Field so "fans" can drink while there happens to be a game going on in the background.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Much more willing to give George a pass than anyone else involved in this fiasco. He had a level of respect for Vic going back to their days in the NFC North together. And like most people who scouted quarterbacks in that draft. He liked Drew's potential and was willing to see last year as an outlier given the crazy offseason and switching offenses.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Much more willing to give George a pass than anyone else involved in this fiasco. He had a level of respect for Vic going back to their days in the NFC North together. And like most people who scouted quarterbacks in that draft. He liked Drew's potential and was willing to see last year as an outlier given the crazy offseason and switching offenses.
    It's silly to lay any blame on GP at this point.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    It's silly to lay any blame on GP at this point.
    No it's not. He was literally playing with house money when both Fields and Jones were there and zero extra draft capital had to be spent. Already had Bridgewater and Lock, could have taken either one to stash. QB was infinitely more valuable to this team, and yet, we got a CB who looks anything but the sure thing everyone said he was supposed to be. That's negligence if you ask me.

14. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    No it's not. He was literally playing with house money when both Fields and Jones were there and zero extra draft capital had to be spent. Already had Bridgewater and Lock, could have taken either one to stash. QB was infinitely more valuable to this team, and yet, we got a CB who looks anything but the sure thing everyone said he was supposed to be. That's negligence if you ask me.
    Well, who asked you!

I almost referenced the two QB's that were available, but figured someone would bring that up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah, Bowlen was a scrub. Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Unless their scouting department was not high on fields and Jones at that slot. Obviously there were a bunch of other teams that weren't high on fields or Jones prior to the Broncos pick

Yeah, maybe. But you do have to consider that they’d probably rather the new staff be involved in drafting the QB, particularly if they didn’t love either of these guys. There were real concerns around the league about both of them considering how far they both fell. For example, Fields’ epilepsy and apparently not interviewing well.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Yeah, maybe. But you do have to consider that they’d probably rather the new staff be involved in drafting the QB, particularly if they didn’t love either of these guys. There were real concerns around the league about both of them considering how far they both fell. For example, Fields’ epilepsy and apparently not interviewing well.
    Epilepsy isn't a good thing at altitude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Unless their scouting department was not high on fields and Jones at that slot. Obviously there were a bunch of other teams that weren't high on fields or Jones prior to the Broncos pick
    A team as needy as the Broncos at the QB position passing on two legit prospects because Bridgewater/Lock is just bad, bad roster construction. Then there are those arguing that both Paton respects Vic and wanted to see him succeed but is also planning on firing him after this year, so he couldn't take a QB, so which is it?

22. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information