Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Gruden out in Vegas

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Also, to reiterate. As I've said multiple times, I think several of the things that Gruden wrote were wrong and I would never do it, like how he referred to Smith (I would have other choice names for him, as I also don't like how he handled the CBA negotiations, but it wouldn't be about his lips or the like).
    And ultimately, I don't really care in terms of him losing his job whether or not he's really a racist or just said some dumb things in what he thought were private conversations. Maybe Brown is right and that's really not who he is. He's shown remorse and I have no issue forgiving him as a human. But when stuff is put in writing like that and becomes public, it just doesn't become tenable to keep that particular job where you're having to lead and need the trust of a bunch of athletes who fit in those groups that you insulted in the emails. Maybe a more successful coach like BB or Reid weathers it, but when you're already not that successful as a coach then this comes out, the writing is just on the wall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Huh? Are you talking about the Tim Brown thing? Because that'd be a fairly ridiculous comparison. Fisher would 100% know if the NFL did or didn't tell him to do something. Brown wouldn't 100% know about who gruden is behind closed doors.

Or were you talking about something else?
    fisher took the rams job knowing the team was gunna move. lied about it for 3 years.

Guy will do/say anything to protect shield at this point

And ultimately, I don't really care in terms of him losing his job whether or not he's really a racist or just said some dumb things in what he thought were private conversations. Maybe Brown is right and that's really not who he is. He's shown remorse and I have no issue forgiving him as a human. But when stuff is put in writing like that and becomes public, it just doesn't become tenable to keep that particular job where you're having to lead and need the trust of a bunch of athletes who fit in those groups that you insulted in the emails. Maybe a more successful coach like BB or Reid weathers it, but when you're already not that successful as a coach then this comes out, the writing is just on the wall.
    It shouldn't have been made public. It's part of everything that's wrong with the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

That theory in general is one I find fairly ridiculous on its face, regardless of what Fisher has said. Sam was the SEC defensive player of the year. Even if he was undersized, I don't find it that farfetched that a team would take a flier on a guy with that kind of college production in that conference in the 7th. IIRC, he was projected as a mid to late round guy before he made his revelation.
    Rams had 4 1st rounders on d line, the pick made no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It shouldn't have been made public. It's part of everything that's wrong with the NFL.
    I don't disagree that they shouldn't have leaked just these emails. Either release it all or keep it all sealed. The NFL needs to answer to that. But that's a separate discussion from the fact that the Raiders pretty much had their hands tied once the info did come out.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Concerning Dungy: he made one statement on the first bit of Gruden news and then the second flurry of news he made a second.

The second was a harsher take, but he did say Gruden could change.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

pretty sure Dungy has bashed the gays too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Yeah Dungy has said some not great shit. He should probably sit this one out.

I don't disagree that they shouldn't have leaked just these emails. Either release it all or keep it all sealed. The NFL needs to answer to that. But that's a separate discussion from the fact that the Raiders pretty much had their hands tied once the info did come out.
    Agreed on all points.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    That's the thing. Every one of us have bashed groups we dislike, whether that is ethnic, race, political, gender, or the ***** known as Roger Goodell (I really find it ironic anyone on here would criticize him for that considering how many people have used similar derogatory terms for him or maybe Ellis or others).

We are all fine when we bash the groups we think are bash worthy, but critical of others who bash groups we think should be protected.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I actually think Dungy is way worse than gruden for what it's worth. Mostly for reasons I can't go much further into in this part of the board.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I actually think Dungy is way worse than gruden for what it's worth. Mostly for reasons I can't go much further into in this part of the board.
    But, he mostly gets a pass for one very obvious reason. He who has no sin...

I really think this post sums it all up.

First, the NFL shouldn't be releasing Gruden's emails, which he and the others involved in that chain, would have had an expectation of privacy, unless they are also prepared to release all of the league's email. All of Goodell's emails. All of Jerry Jones emails. All of Belichek's emails (any that exist after he destroys the servers). You had a few individuals who had an expectation of privacy who the NFL is making public, and I think if they are going to cross that Rubicon, then not only should all the Redskin's emails be released, but every other club, from the water boy to the owner, and all league emails. It's 100% wrong to hang one coach out to dry, especially when they weren't his NFL work emails.

Second, while I disagree with CC in general and how people's Tweets or emails or text messages or pillow talk from years or decades ago lead to them being persecuted and their livelihood stripped, I agree that once the NFL did something that was 100% wrong, that there was no way for Gruden to keep coaching that team or any team in this league. He needs to take up pickleball or handball or something, as I don't see any place for him in any traditional NFL setting (coaching, TV, etc.).

^I agree. They just opened a Pandora’s box here, and as I’ve said earlier this is just the tip of the iceberg. This investigation was centered on the WFT employee culture, as in questioning their work place environment, and it shouldn’t have just stopped with the unveiling of Gruden’s emails that have nothing to with what there was at the center of this investigation. Daniel Snyder shouldn’t be off the hook, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys should also be investigated just because of the power he has around the NFL. Coaches as well. This is not over and I suspect that the precedent set in this case will have repercussions in the way email communication practices are handled or investigated going forward. Do our personal emails also mean public emails?
    Should there be a court order with just cause to have ones emails turned over as part of a civil investigation ?
    Last edited by Strafen; 10-13-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Stl lawsuit just keeps getting worse for the NFL too. this is hilarious stuff.

I wonder what they will discover as well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information