Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Week 6 - News & Notes - Raiders @ Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Any word on if our starting Oline is going to play this week? I like Muti and Belly as much as anyone, but their pass pro still isn’t good enough. We get way too much interior pressure for a guy like Teddy who knows how to step up into the pocket.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Any word on if our starting Oline is going to play this week? I like Muti and Belly as much as anyone, but their pass pro still isn’t good enough. We get way too much interior pressure for a guy like Teddy who knows how to step up into the pocket.
    Apparently everyone practiced today except Kareem Jackson and Mike Ford. So that suggests the OL is good to go.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

The Broncos have come out as lifeless as wet potato chip to open every game of the season, failing to score a touchdown on any of their opening drives. The first three weeks of the season, they were able to find themselves and elevate their level of play. These last two weeks, they have been without the will, desire, or motivation to do much of anything but compound mistakes upon penalties upon lackluster play-calling. They have the ability to not be so discombobulated, we have all seen it earlier this year. Fixing the problems Broncos Country saw on Sunday begins and ends with coaching. Broncos coaches need to fix these issues like their jobs depended on it, because they do.

The Raiders, on the other hand, lucked into their 3-0 start taking the Ravens and the Tua-less Dolphins to overtime to squeak out two of their three wins. In their last two games, the Las Vegas offense has sputtered, scoring just 23-points total. David Carr sustained a head injury on Sunday that was so scary that Raiders players took to their knee in prayer for his safety. He later returned only to take another shot to the head later in the game. It’s nothing short of remarkable that the very same concussion protocols that claimed Teddy Bridgewater last week allowed Carr to continue to play.

Broncos 53-66-2 record all-time versus the Raiders; 28-30-2 at home
    Needs one win to improve to 54-66-2 (.443) overall and 29-30-2 (.475) at home in the all-time series against the Raiders.

Broncos need a win in Sunday's game to start a season 4-2 for the first time since 2016.

Injury News:

In the first injury report for Week 6, defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins (hip) was the only Raider to not participate in practice due to injury. Defensive end Yannick Ngakoue and tight end Darren Waller did not participate due to veteran rest days, while defensive end Carl Nassib did not participate for a personal reason.
    Additionally, five Raiders were limited in practice: cornerback Brandon Facyson (hip), defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson (back), safety Dallin Leavitt (knee), linebacker Cory Littleton (shoulder) and safety Roderic Teamer (ankle).

Notably for the Broncos, running back Melvin Gordon III was a non-participant in practice due to a hip injury. Cornerback Mike Ford (knee) and safety Kareem Jackson (back) also did not participate, as well as linebacker Alexander Johnson, who had a veterans rest day.
    Outside linebacker and eight-time Pro Bowler Von Miller was limited in practice due to veterans rest.

Misc:

Rookie running back Javonte Williams scored the first touchdown of his NFL career on a 1-yard touchdown run versus the N.Y. Jets in Week 3. He became the first Broncos rookie to rush for a touchdown since Phillip Lindsay on Dec. 9, 2018, at San Francisco and the first to do so within his first three career games since Royce Freeman in 2018.
    Williams ranks among the league's rookie leaders in rushing yards (186–1st), rushing attempts (46–2nd) and touchdowns (1–T2nd).

Denver limited Baltimore to 102 rushing yards (30 attempts—3.4 avg.) in Week 4, which was Baltimore's lowest rushing output in the regular season since Ravens QB Lamar Jackson's starting debut on Nov. 18, 2018, against Cincinnati—a span of 43 games.

5. The Following User High Fived Eddiemac87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Injury Report: S Kareem Jackson, RB Melvin Gordon III among those held out of Broncos practice

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i...oncos-practice

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

We're going to get killed if we don't clean up giving up big passing plays and stupid unforced penalties.

Gawd,,, I really ******* hate the fade!

8. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    We're going to get killed if we don't clean up giving up big passing plays and stupid unforced penalties.

Gawd,,, I really ******* hate the fade!

Absolutely!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Risner, Glasgow and Cush haven't been all that much better, Bolles is back to his old ways, and its saying something when the most competent starting OL player we have at the moment is a 36 year old RT.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Interesting

13. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Interesting
    It’s not really that Moore didn’t make an impact, he really wasn’t given the opportunity. Teddy targeted him twice, both passes were uncatchable.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

17. The Following User High Fived R8R H8R For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Raiders DT Jonathan Hankins is doubtful, and DT Quinton Jefferson is questionable. If we can’t successfully run the ball on them, or if we don’t even try, then I’m officially done hoping…

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Raiders DT Jonathan Hankins is doubtful, and DT Quinton Jefferson is questionable. If we can’t successfully run the ball on them, or if we don’t even try, then I’m officially done hoping…
    https://youtu.be/EQxa1D2bYDk
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    I NEVER get tired of this!

Buhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

21. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    Apparently everyone practiced today except Kareem Jackson and Mike Ford. So that suggests the OL is good to go.
    Good news!

0-line is the key

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1...682008066?s=20

The Broncos Ring of Fame photo.
    Can you more experienced fans help me with identification? Having only jumped aboard the Broncos train in 04 there's a handful I don't recognise.
    The guy on the far left being one, also the three in the back to left of Elway and the one to his right plus the guy in the middle next to Shanny.
    I take it Champ, Shannon and Peyton are the ones missing from the photo.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information