Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    1st & goal from the 2 or first and goal from the 7 shouldn't be a big difference for a good team.

Teddy gets sacked for a 12 yard loss - that's a different story.
    For a good team. Key line. I get it, TBW should have thrown the ball through the back of the end zone, but didn't. Anyway, at the two, you run the ball 3 or 4 times, and we'll get it in. But on the 7? Shurmur says "No way, that's too far to run. I'll draw up some fancy 7-step drop backs to trick everybody"!

Like I said, I knew as soon as the flag was thrown, we would screw it up. BTW, I'm not blaming Williams so much, he's a rookie. He'll learn, I'm not worried about him.
    Last edited by R8R H8R; 10-11-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Boone is supposed to be that guy.
    Correct. But honestly, I don't have any faith he will be used correctly. We don't even to try to pass the ball to RB's in any meaningful way now. So why should it change when he finally sees the field?

We are missing 3 huge pieces to this offense, and Shumur has no idea that Fant, Gordon, and Williams can all catch the ball if you just game plan for it.

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    For a good team. Key line. I get it, TBW should have thrown the ball through the back of the end zone, but didn't. Anyway, at the two, you run the ball 3 or 4 times, and we'll get it in. But on the 7? Shurmur says "No way, that's too far to run. I'll draw up some fancy 7-step drop backs to trick everybody"!

Like I said, I knew as soon as the flag was thrown, we would screw it up. BTW, I'm not blaming Williams so much, he's a rookie. He'll learn, I'm not worried about him.
    It’s always easier to play Monday Morning QB, but why would they not give it right back to Williams on that 1st and goal from 7? It makes no sense to throw it there, run and try to get at least half, especially since you know Williams is pissed about not scoring and the ticky-tack penalty. Give your ball to your angry RB.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    It’s always easier to play Monday Morning QB, but why would they not give it right back to Williams on that 1st and goal from 7? It makes no sense to throw it there, run and try to get at least half, especially since you know Williams is pissed about not scoring and the ticky-tack penalty. Give your ball to your angry RB.
    They did give it right back on first goal from the 7. And he got 2 yards

Had he not committed the bone headed penalty, that’s a TD. That penalty was a huge mistake by Williams.
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Physics professor explains why Broncos' Javonte Williams is hard to bring down

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Sir Isaac Newton's third law of motion, outlined in a playbook for the study of physics with the catchy little title of "Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica," is often presented as the law of action and reaction.

That when an object exerts a force on another object, the second object exerts an equal and opposite force on the first. Spring ahead 335 years or so and Denver Broncos running back Javonte Williams offered his own contribution.

The action of his 31-yard run against the Baltimore Ravens a little more than a week ago caused some folks to lose their minds. It took about nine seconds from the time Broncos quarterback Teddy Bridgewater handed Williams the ball to when the sixth Baltimore Ravens defender finally got Williams to the ground.

And even though a week had passed, the run was so rare, so memorable, it was still being played over and over again, even by one Pittsburgh TV station this past Saturday shortly after the Broncos had arrived to their team hotel.
    https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...-to-bring-down

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Bring back Tatum Bell!
    Oh good lord

I like what I've seen in javonte William's but to build an offense around this position with our offensive front is just silly. I'm glad your excited meatballs but it's also folly and reaching for the proverbial straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    If we don’t have an established running game, we ain’t going nowhere. It’s starts every game, every Sunday, you have to keep running the ball and don’t take days off. We have the players, the OL loves running the ball and we have two great backs as good as we’ve had in a long time.

9. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

So true. Always loved the good ground game.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    If we don’t have an established running game, we ain’t going nowhere. It’s starts every game, every Sunday, you have to keep running the ball and don’t take days off. We have the players, the OL loves running the ball and we have two great backs as good as we’ve had in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Oh good lord

I like what I've seen in javonte William's but to build an offense around this position with our offensive front is just silly. I'm glad your excited meatballs but it's also folly and reaching for the proverbial straw.
    I might recant this statement however the game has evolved. It seems it's gone aerial and special teams

never understood why we quit running the football..it's not like we have HOF QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post
    never understood why we quit running the football..it's not like we have HOF QB
    When you're down big in the second half you kinda have to abandon the run a bit. It made sense against Pitt.

15. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Oh good lord

That’s why I said go all in on the offensive line. As in draft linemen early/sign FA. Copy the browns model. Put up 40+. Ran all over the chargers. They still lost because the defense sucked. But when was the last time we put up 40.
    They don’t make real men anymore

17. The Following User High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fangios Meatballs View Post
    That’s why I said go all in on the offensive line. As in draft linemen early/sign FA. Copy the browns model. Put up 40+. Ran all over the chargers. They still lost because the defense sucked. But when was the last time we put up 40.
    I might have ignored that part. I do like javonte and may have come off a bit too fatalistic for which I apologize. I'm on board fangio

I might have ignored that part. I do like javonte and may have come off a bit too fatalistic for which I apologize. I'm on board fangio
    I mean theres really no qb prospects and it's such a crapshoot anyway.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information