Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spencer Rattler

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Spencer Rattler

I know there's been talk of Rattler as a prospect on here, watching the OU game today, and he got benched. And it was for good reason. Can someone tell me what they see in this guy? He's been mediocre at best every game this year. I don't even see how he's a first rounder at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And his backup Caleb Williams is looking great and bringing them back. Maybe we were looking at the wrong OU QB!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I know there's been talk of Rattler as a prospect on here, watching the OU game today, and he got benched. And it was for good reason. Can someone tell me what they see in this guy? He's been mediocre at best every game this year. I don't even see how he's a first rounder at this point.
    He sucked last year and then when he got his job back he went ham. The physical traits are there. There was a lot of hype for him this season based on those two traits.

I don't view him as a type shelf pick. I will say the first pick he threw was based off of miscommunication, and the announcers thought the WR might have been at fault. That being said, he dookie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im not sold on Rattler at all, i hope Denver stays clear away from him.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I live here, and root for OU. .. . I've never been impressed with Rattler, and he's regressed this year. I don't want anything to do with him on the Broncos.

P.S., I was one of the sole defenders here of Mayfield and Murray ... . those guys look pretty good in the NFL. Rattler is no Mayfield/Murray.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I live here, and root for OU. .. . I've never been impressed with Rattler, and he's regressed this year. I don't want anything to do with him on the Broncos.

P.S., I was one of the sole defenders here of Mayfield and Murray ... . those guys look pretty good in the NFL. Rattler is no Mayfield/Murray.
    Mayfield is a middle tier QB tho.

Murray is GOD

9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Mayfield is a middle tier QB tho.

Murray is GOD
    Mayfield is better than what we have.

Rattler sucks.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If Mayfield was playing for a better organization i think he would be much much better. He's basically carrying that Browns team the last 2-3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Mayfield is better than what we have.

Rattler sucks.
    He is better than Big Ben!

Rattler snake has no poison.

14. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If Mayfield was playing for a better organization i think he would be much much better. He's basically carrying that Browns team the last 2-3 years.
    He has the best RB/Line tandem in the line and good WR's. I view him the opposite - if he was on a lesser team he'd be on weak starter list!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He has the best RB/Line tandem in the line and good WR's. I view him the opposite - if he was on a lesser team he'd be on weak starter list!
    I think his WR's are past their prime and often injured. Chubb/Hunt is obviously great but i think its a bad coached team and poorly run organization as a whole. Put Mayfield on a real contender and i think he plays far better than he does in Cleveland right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I think his WR's are past their prime and often injured. Chubb/Hunt is obviously great but i think its a bad coached team and poorly run organization as a whole. Put Mayfield on a real contender and i think he plays far better than he does in Cleveland right now.
    ODB is a bum now, but Landry is really, really good. He has two solid/good TE's and a wonderful line and back. They play ball control offense and rely on the defense. Few teams have rosters that can pull that off.

The last time -in my opinion- that Mayfield had to carry a team was his sophomore season. It didn't go well.

But I could be wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

ODB is a bum now, but Landry is really, really good. He has two solid/good TE's and a wonderful line and back. They play ball control offense and rely on the defense. Few teams have rosters that can pull that off.

The last time -in my opinion- that Mayfield had to carry a team was his sophomore season. It didn't go well.

But I could be wrong.

Eh, for Joe Montana's entire career he had great rushers, WR's, and defenses so while Baker may not be a player like Elway he's the kind of guy in the right environment that will succeed with good coaching, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Eh, for Joe Montana's entire career he had great rushers, WR's, and defenses so while Baker may not be a player like Elway he's the kind of guy in the right environment that will succeed with good coaching, etc.
    But these days smart folks know Montana was never the GOAT. As we've evolved as sports fan we've started to value guys who can do more with less. We've also -unless we're talking about certain sacred cows- realized that winning is a lousy way of measuring greatness in team sports.

I think Mayfield would be a bust on a lot of teams. I also think if you took him and swapped him with Bridgewater Bridgewater would be close to what BM is in Cle. That team is loaded for regular season play.

Too bad in the postseason you need some points.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lol their backup brought them all the way back. Rattler might be done there.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information