Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans "Pat Shurmur wants drew lock to fail"

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Not necessarily, I’d get into specifics and nuances but that’s frowned upon in this establishment.

He didn’t win league MVP inside 18 games, he’s a bust, stupid, lazy and probably a pedophile who kicks puppies.

#BeMoreDramatic
    How about footwork?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Think about it this way, JFE would be considered dogshit by modern Broncos fans calculations.
    JFE would have grown up playing in modern offensive systems and wouldn't put up the same kinds of numbers he did almost 40 years ago if he were 25 today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    JFE would have grown up playing in modern offensive systems and wouldn't put up the same kinds of numbers he did almost 40 years ago if he were 25 today.
    No, young one, what I’m referring to is the fact that JFE was statistically the worst QB in the league after his first 18 games.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No, young one, what I’m referring to is the fact that JFE was statistically the worst QB in the league after his first 18 games.
    And as I'll say again and again and again, he was a high draft pick, and those guys get more leeway and time, because they are deemed to have the talent in potential to improve. Second rounders don't get that. You either have to show immediately you were drafted too low (Dak, Wilson), or you're gone. That's how it works.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    How about footwork?
    Depended on the protection, he reverted back to bad habits when he felt the rush but made a pronounced improvement otherwise. Granted, it was a small sample and the odds of that continuing to improve and become second nature were against him.

Most QB’s revert to muscle memory under live bullets, if that were the discussion I’d be down with that … but we’re resorting to absolutes instead.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

And as I'll say again and again and again, he was a high draft pick, and those guys get more leeway and time, because they are deemed to have the talent in potential to improve. Second rounders don't get that. You either have to show immediately you were drafted too low (Dak, Wilson), or you're gone. That's how it works.
    Not saying there’s no such dynamic with in the NFL, there clearly is and it’s clearly stupid and counterproductive.

But I'm not referring to those within the NFL, I’m referring to you, JFE through 18 games is dogshit according to your expectations.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-26-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Depended on the protection, he reverted back to bad habits when he felt the rush but made a pronounced improvement otherwise. Granted, it was a small sample and the odds of that continuing to improve and become second nature were against him.

Most QB’s revert to muscle memory under live bullets, if that were the discussion I’d be down with that … but we’re resorting to absolutes instead.
    Can’t read defenses, can’t get through progressions, doesn’t know where the pass rush is coming from.

These absolutes Are utter bullshit, you can’t start at the high school level if you can’t do these things.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

It doesn’t matter I can almost go word for word on the responses to that and it’s fine that elway is as terrible and the worst at his position because he was a first round pick so he gets more rope…… even though that logic is flawed IMO because of the scouting report that said the kid was a project and teams need to show patience because lock is as a guy that needed to sit Atleast 2 years and just learn the game, master the playbook, study defense’s….. but all because he shined at the end of the season it’s like the broncos organization and fa base went batshit crazy and expectations was all of a sudden Super Bowl when that was unfair.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Since the Lock thread got "locked", I'm going to put this here. Brady just said on the Manning cast what I've been saying for a while as to why covid actually made it easier than ever to play QB, not harder like the excuses for Lock have said: not having to deal with crowd noise on the road. Brady said people really underrate how much harder crowd noise makes it to play QB on the road, and the lack of crowds made it so much easier for him in leaning a new system and adapting to a new team last year.

Straight from the mouth of the goat. I don't ever want to hear again how much harder covid made it on poor little Drew.
    lol you just compared brady and Lock get the f out.....of course brady had it easier he is the GOAT.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-26-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yes. Still not one single person has been able to provide a single example of even one second round or later QB who was as bad as Lock to start their career and got more than 18 games to start.
    What 2nd rd Qb had covid to deal with and a new system again after going 4-1 in his first set of games. Name one......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lol literally tons of football people far more savvy and experienced then members on this board throughout the NFL said drew looked good all off-season and in camp. Local guys said he was inconsistent a bunch in 7v7 though so curtain call it is lol.....Fangio went with what he determined to be the safer vet option, he didn't realize his OC pick was gonna f that up to, and that teddy was going to be what he always is. He was like a typical Denver fan in that mold, bring in trash and because its Denver it will become treasure.....Despite showing the opposite for years......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Also I like the dog topic better FWIW

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

How can people not see its Shurmur, Teddy is literally regressing to Drew lock quality play last year under him as we speak weekly. Its identical to last year for Lock. What's the common variables. OL, play calling, Shurmur, WR issues etc......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

You are absolutely 100% correct.

Lock is a very simple QB to evaluate. When he's protected, he can and does any throw in the book. From the most difficult throws like deep digs, deep corner routes, deep outs, intermediate back shoulder throws - he's made all of these throws and makes them look easy.

How can a bust/terrible QB do that? It's simple, right now, Lock is a talented thrower of the ball - he's not a talented QB. Derek Carr to Ryan Tannehill routinely looked like dogsh*t early in their careers against pressure. That's normal - that's what is supposed to happen.

Instead of improving a lousy OL we drafted a bunch of luxury picks, and made lateral moves in free agency.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Lock homer, I'm saying this because the same damn thing willy apply to the next young QB we draft. Build a real OL and you get the best out of any QB you have until he learns to read/recognize pressure and protection schemes.

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived Helios For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    You are absolutely 100% correct.

Lock is a very simple QB to evaluate. When he's protected, he can and does any throw in the book. From the most difficult throws like deep digs, deep corner routes, deep outs, intermediate back shoulder throws - he's made all of these throws and makes them look easy.

How can a bust/terrible QB do that? It's simple, right now, Lock is a talented thrower of the ball - he's not a talented QB. Derek Carr to Ryan Tannehill routinely looked like dogsh*t early in their careers against pressure. That's normal - that's what is supposed to happen.

Instead of improving a lousy OL we drafted a bunch of luxury picks, and made lateral moves in free agency.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Lock homer, I'm saying this because the same damn thing willy apply to the next young QB we draft. Build a real OL and you get the best out of any QB you have until he learns to read/recognize pressure and protection schemes.
    I have continued to be a huge critic of the OL. I think every starter we have is a problem and need to be upgraded at the moment, and we constantly try to use Fant to block guys like TJ watt......If you improve our OL, Playcalling and OC, both lock and Teddy would perform much better IMO.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information