Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Evans "Pat Shurmur wants drew lock to fail"

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    Shurmur is shit but Lock is also shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Shit for brains QBs who have no pocket awareness don't do well in the NFL. That's Drew Lock.
    He may not have read the field well or picked up a blitz all that good, and he certainly made some bad decisions with the football last year, but his pocket awareness is actually not that bad, he doesn't actually get sacked a lot. In fact he didn't start getting sacked more until his turnovers piled up and he started thinking to much and holding the ball to long. Usually he would roll out and throw a pass to avoid the sack or hit. His problem was he always focused on the same guy on that 1st read in that scenario every time.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I agree with you. Scangs clearly had something going with Lock. But to blame Scangs for Flacco & Allen’s incompetence, and the lack of overall talent, is BS. I don’t know if Kyle will ever give up play calling to his OC like his dad did eventually, but Scangerello would really benefit from being an OC under an offensive minded HC like Kyle or McVay to learn the nuances of play calling.
    Scangs had good ideas but he wasn't a good play caller and had no idea what to adjust with if the D wasn't giving him what he expected or had figured out something.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Let him go! Let him go!

Attachment 19012

Please God, let him go!

Can we have Desean in exchange?

2 different things keeping them off the field.

One can't play football and the other can't keep his hands off girls.

If given the choice, I'll take the dude who can play football on my football team.

I see Lock ending up with a team like Indy if we trade him. In fact I would have no issue with that for a late rd. pick. Lock will have zero success in Denver with Fangio and Shurmur. It doesn't matter about anyone's opinion on lock good or bad. He isn't a fit here under this staff for many many reasons. He may get another shot if its a new staff but that's unlikely. I would get something for him once the year ends. Granted your talking a conditional 6th or 7th at best but still. You never know what that could turn into.

This staff will want to run it back with Teddy and Case Rypien anyways. So hopefully Paton ruins all of those plans with a play for Rodgers though......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I see Lock ending up with a team like Indy if we trade him. In fact I would have no issue with that for a late rd. pick. Lock will have zero success in Denver with Fangio and Shurmur. It doesn't matter about anyone's opinion on lock good or bad. He isn't a fit here under this staff for many many reasons. He may get another shot if its a new staff but that's unlikely. I would get something for him once the year ends. Granted your talking a conditional 6th or 7th at best but still. You never know what that could turn into.

This staff will want to run it back with Teddy and Case Rypien anyways. So hopefully Paton ruins all of those plans with a play for Rodgers though......
    Should have traded him in April. He'll only have a year left on his contract this offseason, so yeah, 6th or 7th rounder is probably the most we'll get.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Another rule you haven't figured out, Shane....after a reply to a thread, it's not yours to delete anymore.

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ah, it’s just not Broncos Forums until there’s a scrub Milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Scangs had good ideas but he wasn't a good play caller and had no idea what to adjust with if the D wasn't giving him what he expected or had figured out something.
    Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    I agree with you. Scangs clearly had something going with Lock. But to blame Scangs for Flacco & Allen’s incompetence, and the lack of overall talent, is BS. I don’t know if Kyle will ever give up play calling to his OC like his dad did eventually, but Scangerello would really benefit from being an OC under an offensive minded HC like Kyle or McVay to learn the nuances of play calling.
    they never should have hired skanks if they weren't ready to live with some growing pains. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I'd take skanks all day, every day and twice on Tuesday over Schurmers bitch ass playcalling.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'd take skanks all day, every day and twice on Tuesday over Schurmers bitch ass playcalling.
    Muy milquetoast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Scangarello was over his skis. I don’t want him back at all.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Scangarello had good material. His playbook was actually very diversified and fun. His problem was being a new OC calling a game as a rookie. He at times seemed like he didn’t rhyme and sync. It was the flow of the game and his play calling that at times didn’t coincide. It was too mechanical as opposed to calling the game by feel...

22. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Scangarello had good material. His playbook was actually very diversified and fun. His problem was being a new OC calling a game as a rookie. He at times seemed like he didn’t rhyme and sync. It was the flow of the game and his play calling that at times didn’t coincide. It was too mechanical as opposed to calling the game by feel...
    Show us some of your favorite plays from his playbook.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Pretty deep analysis for a guy on a guy who was only there 1 year, and had 3 different starting QBs during that time, lol. Can any true assessment be made on Scangs, when his starting QBs were a Joe “way past his prime” Flacco, Brandon Allen, and rookie Drew Lock who had been on IR half the season?

The offense was terrible that year, somebody had to take the fall, but no OC is going to succeed with that list of QBs starting games.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Scangarello was over his skis. I don’t want him back at all.
    That speaks more to how much I dislike Schurmer.

28. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Scag wasn’t the right combination with rest of offensive coaching staff. You need the OC, line and running back coach all in on the wide zone concept as basis of your offense attack. Two of three (who are still here) are inside zone/power blocking guys that like the 13 personnel grouping as base.

Back to whining on the thread about lock
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

30. The Following 4 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information