Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Ravens 10/03/21

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    I wonder what happens if Teddy doesn’t get hurt on that cheap shot. They were only down 10 points at halftime, plus the defense held them to just 6 points the whole second half. Does he figure things out in the 2nd and get something going? The whole offense went into a shell and mailed it in the moment Lock came in.
    Ummm no? They mailed it in the entire game. To say they quit because lock came in is dumb as hell. The broncos offense hasn’t been good the entire year so far and got exposed today. The only reason we scored 20 plus points is because McManus was bombing 5 50 yard field goals during the first 3 weeks. The offense had ONE drive in the first half and punted 6 time’s with teddy…… they continued punting with Drew. They had no answers for the ravens pressure. Shurmer is the one who mailed it in and it started during the week with preparation….. or lack there of

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Have the Steelers been world beaters this year? What makes you think a less mobile Ben will have the same effect on our pass rush? We are not in bad a shape as it feels after today.
    The Steelers also use a lot of pressure schemes on defense that can make life for hell Pat shurmer again.

They also have good wideout’s and if Fangio defense is going to be blowing assignments the big plays will **** us the way they did today.

Lamar didn’t even kill us with his legs today. I think we did a good job in that department. It was the chunk plays that killed us. And yes Pitt with there old ass quarterback has that capability

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t want to try to lump today’s poor performance on the QBs. Saying Teddy would’ve done better had he played in the second half or Lock would’ve done better with more reps during the week is doesn’t really mean anything because we just don’t know if either is true. So not pointing the fingers at the QBs (no matter how warranted or not), what else went wrong?

1) Shurmur really kinda sucks as an OC. He refuses to use the natural home-field advantage of up-tempo and preventing the defense from substituting and catching their breath (especially an aggressive defense like Baltimore who plays at sea level). He does a terrible job of disguising plays. It always seems, and I don’t watch film, that I can guess with about 75% accuracy if it’s run or pass. I shouldn’t be able to call the plays before the snap from my living room. I’m not Tony Romo or Peyton Manning. If the shit you called in the first half wasn’t getting it done, perhaps you should try something else in the second half with a different QB in. Nope, run directly into the teeth of the defense, try to convert 3rd and long while the defense gets to pin their ears back and blitz all day. Great plan? Nope. Shurmur’s plan? Yep. No creativity, no adjustments, just the same 5 plays Shurmur always calls.

2) Why does our STs coordinator still have a job? Our coverage teams are bad. Everyone knows it and yet, all our kickers have to do is kick the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs or out of bounds on punts. Why does he not just coach them to do this? Give the damned defense a chance to do their job. 5 yards either way on a kickoff or punt isn’t a back breaker, but giving up a 30+ yard punt return or kick return TD is.

3) What does it take to figure out which receivers on the other team require the most coverage? It seems we rarely blitz and yet the TE always seemed to be open or under appreciated. Nothing worse than defenders looking around after a play trying to figure out who let a guy run free through the secondary. I know we play a lot of zone, but that means you ******* COVER THE GUY WHO ENTERS YOUR ZONE, you don’t just let them run free through it while you stand there and watch. Why can’t we cover a goddamned TE with 3 great CBs and 2 pro bowl Safeties????

4) Not as much a bash on the Oline, but they’ve been pretty subpar in pass-pro (even before the guards got hurt) and we seem to be doing nothing schematically to help them out. We only seem to attempt a pass when the defense expects it and we don’t block it properly. We only run when the defense expects it and we don’t block it properly. Like I said, not an indictment of the Oline as much as the playcalling, so I guess it probably should be filed under #1 with Shurmur.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 10-04-2021 at 12:25 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

We abandoned the run. It was working just fine

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t want to try to lump today’s poor performance on the QBs. Saying Teddy would’ve done better had he played in the second half or Lock would’ve done better with more reps during the week is doesn’t really mean anything because we just don’t know if either is true. So not pointing the fingers at the QBs (no matter how warranted or not), what else went wrong?

1) Shurmur really kinda sucks as an OC. He refuses to use the natural home-field advantage of up-tempo and preventing the defense from substituting and catching their breath (especially an aggressive defense like Baltimore who plays at sea level). He does a terrible job of disguising plays. It always seems, and I don’t watch film, that I can guess with about 75% accuracy if it’s run or pass. I shouldn’t be able to call the plays before the snap from my living room. I’m not Tony Romo or Peyton Manning. If the shit you called in the first half wasn’t getting it done, perhaps you should try something else in the second half with a different QB in. Nope, run directly into the teeth of the defense, try to convert 3rd and long while the defense gets to pin their ears back and blitz all day. Great plan? Nope. Shurmur’s plan? Yep. No creativity, no adjustments, just the same 5 plays Shurmur always calls.

2) Why does our STs coordinator still have a job? Our coverage teams are bad. Everyone knows it and yet, all our kickers have to do is kick the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs or out of bounds on punts. Why does he not just coach them to do this? Give the damned defense a chance to do their job. 5 yards either way on a kickoff or punt isn’t a back breaker, but giving up a 30+ yard punt return or kick return TD is.

3) What does it take to figure out which receivers on the other team require the most coverage? It seems we rarely blitz and yet the TE always seemed to be open or under appreciated. Nothing worse than defenders looking around after a play trying to figure out who let a guy run free through the secondary. I know we play a lot of zone, but that means you ******* COVER THE GUY WHO ENTERS YOUR ZONE, you don’t just let them run free through it while you stand there and watch. Why can’t we cover a goddamned TE with 3 great CBs and 2 pro bowl Safeties????

4) Not as much a bash on the Oline, but they’ve been pretty subpar in pass-pro (even before the guards got hurt) and we seem to be doing nothing schematically to help them out. We only seem to attempt a pass when the defense expects it and we don’t block it properly. We only run when the defense expects it and we don’t block it properly. Like I said, not an indictment of the Oline as much as the playcalling, so I guess it probably should be filed under #1 with Shurmur.
    Agree big time with the shurmur part. He is not a good OC at all. He was never any good. Had 1 decent year with the Vikings. Sucked when he was head coach and sucked everywhere else. And when he was in Philly it was Chip Kelly doing all of the work.

I can’t believe he’s our OC. He’s so bad. I hope we get rid of both him and the ST guy. I hope we keep fangio but his chances aren’t looking good if we don’t make the playoffs this season.
    They don’t make real men anymore

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I wonder what happens if Teddy doesn’t get hurt on that cheap shot. They were only down 10 points at halftime, plus the defense held them to just 6 points the whole second half. Does he figure things out in the 2nd and get something going? The whole offense went into a shell and mailed it in the moment Lock came in.
    I think we were f'ed from the get go, OL played very poorly, 5 sacks and 11 QB hits means your offense is pretty much dead on arrival from a passing perspective......There is maybe 2 or 3 QB's that could have had success with what was going on. On Defense we had the right game plan but execution by our secondary was pretty piss poor.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He's trying to say that I'm 'gushing' about his arm by posting tongue-in-cheek data when we all know his arm is what it is, pedestrian at best, but it's also a statement about the power of the combine mph reading--limited.

Posters who miss subtext reveal themselves so easily.
    No not at all in fact you weren't even on my radar when I made that post lol
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-04-2021 at 03:27 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If someone’s trying to make me catch a fade then we are testing all those presuppositions; let alone the logical conclusions!
    Lol get out here with this nonsense you and Hawg don't scare me

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Going to bed at half time seems like the right decision!
    All these injuries, it's going to be tough the next few weeks.

12. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

GEM

It was one of those games where we lost the edge and we knew it was clear that this was going to be a loss. Bridgewater wasn’t going to bring us back, he was 1 for 7 in third down conversion and that was a telling take our offense wasn’t getting it done. Like I’ve said earlier, we’ve abandoned the run and weren’t even that badly behind!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just shocking they went away from the running game yesterday.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If we were running that well it was totally moronic to abandon it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If we were running that well it was totally moronic to abandon it.
    Averaging over 5 ypc I believe. 4 rush attempts in the 2nd half.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 10-04-2021 at 08:32 AM. Reason: 4 rushes, not 6

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

may be Ravens DC made some adjustments.

you need to throw the ball ..unfortunately, we couldn't do

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I think we were f'ed from the get go, OL played very poorly, 5 sacks and 11 QB hits means your offense is pretty much dead on arrival from a passing perspective......There is maybe 2 or 3 QB's that could have had success with what was going on. On Defense we had the right game plan but execution by our secondary was pretty piss poor.
    Yup. From the very beginning you knew this was heading to a loss

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information