Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamler out for the season, Torn ACL

Quote Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Yes, yes, but what your thoughts on George Paton and rookie QB’s?
    He should have drafted one of the QB's...it's not like he has to trade up.
    I believe Mac Jones will have good future.

2. The Following User High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Texans and Jaguars are openly trading players for draft picks

If the Jags are stupid enough to deal Chark, I'd be on the phones with them in a minute. Everytime I watch the Jags, he's making big plays.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

4. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I wonder if they got anything in Seth Williams. He was certainly an interesting prospect.

6. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It’s hard to blame an ACL on the training staff. That said, I think we’re seeing a rise in soft tissue injuries because of the offseason programs. All the no-contact practices and walk-throughs make it seem like the injury bug hits harder. Maybe I just want something to blame for something that can’t be controlled, but this season is starting to shape up like last season. I hope Von can keep away from the injury bug. Our defense runs through him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    We traded him to the lions in preseason.
    Wow!
    I guess we felt overconfident with what we had, granted we’ve got some depth, but a guy like Benson that showed potential, you just don't trade away. I was hoping we would keep him around somehow
    Last edited by Strafen; 09-27-2021 at 10:06 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Really feel for the kid.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

KC doesn't seem to have injuries like we do..they do something different.
    we should ask them..

14. The Following User High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

In other WR news, the Chefs are signing Josh Gordon… not that I’d necessarily advocate for him because he’s a train wreck off the field, but we need to look into bringing someone in. I don’t think dropsie Cleveland is the answer.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    In other WR news, the Chefs are signing Josh Gordon… not that I’d necessarily advocate for him because he’s a train wreck off the field, but we need to look into bringing someone in. I don’t think dropsie Cleveland is the answer.
    Josh Gordon, dude has made a career (amongst his suspensions) off 1 good season nearly a decade ago.

18. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    Josh Gordon, dude has made a career (amongst his suspensions) off 1 good season nearly a decade ago.
    The guy has looked great when he’s on the field. Remember when the Pats picked him up? He was great for them. Granted, he was drunk all the time off the field and missed meetings and practice so they cut him, but he’s never played poorly on the field. That’s why people keep signing him. They know if they can keep him off the sauce, he’s a dominant player. The problem is, nobody can keep him off the sauce.

20. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Bennie Fowler is a free agent right now. He’s a familiar face at least and is a decent vet. Paton should give him a call.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The guy has looked great when he’s on the field. Remember when the Pats picked him up? He was great for them. Granted, he was drunk all the time off the field and missed meetings and practice so they cut him, but he’s never played poorly on the field. That’s why people keep signing him. They know if they can keep him off the sauce, he’s a dominant player. The problem is, nobody can keep him off the sauce.
    KC is signing him..

Golden Tate is a good option

24. The Following User High Fived go_broncos143 For This Post:

The irony of these injuries is that it may end up playing to Bridgewater’s strengths as we could be using our running backs to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think Gordon is a good after the catch type player.

26. The Following User High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by go_broncos143 View Post

Golden Tate is a good option
    Him or John Brown may be among the best options.

28. The Following User High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    The irony of these injuries is that it may end up playing to Bridgewater’s strengths as we could be using our running backs to catch the ball out of the backfield. I think Gordon is a good after the catch type player.
    The real question I have is, where are the TEs? Fant and Albert O have been almost non-existent. It’s like they are a complete afterthought in the red zone where they should shine. You’d think they’d lessen the sting of losing 2 WRs, but we don’t seem to really use them.

Fant: 12 catches for 110 yards through 3 games (he’s almost taken that many yards in penalties). Albert O: 8 catches for 46. That’s pathetic. I don’t know if it’s Teddy or Shurmur or that they aren’t getting open or we’re having to use them too much in pass pro, but they are drastically underutilized right now.

30. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information