Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jets 09/26/21

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ravens got bailed in the final seconds two weeks in a row. I think we beat them.
    This week: “wait until we play the Ravens…”, next week: “the Ravens suck….”

2. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Next week will be our first big test. Can't wait for the meltdown!
    Ravens barely put up 17 today and almost lost to the Lions. And they won on a new record 66yard FG. Broncos D is legit. Fangio decides if it attacks or plays bend don't break. But they could and will attack too. Broncos can totally win next week.

4. The Following User High Fived ZiziLaboi For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m concerned that we continue to lose players to injury. Glasgow, Risner, and Hamler all went down today. We’re significantly cutting into that depth we had to start the season. One of the most important things about winning games is being healthy enough to have your best players available.

Any word yet on those guys?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m concerned that we continue to lose players to injury. Glasgow, Risner, and Hamler all went down today. We’re significantly cutting into that depth we had to start the season. One of the most important things about winning games is being healthy enough to have your best players available.

They are apparently optimistic Hamler might only have a strain.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Hamler, Risner, Glasgow will have MRIs

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio on areas to improve: It starts with running game. Teams selling out to stop it. So have to improve it or keep passing more. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio. "That's the way it is in the NFL. Eventually you will play everybody, You have to take care of business" -- on playing teams who are combined 0-9 #Denver7

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio on running game. "Teams are blitzing are running game which is why we have had success in passing game. .. They are going to major extremes to play our run game." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio said Diontae Spencer "is going to have to contribute." Not sure the extent of Hamler's knee injury. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio on the defense. "Score dictated a heavy pa percentage. We always like to see a good rush." #Denver7

Troy Renck
    @TroyRenck
    ·
    1h
    #Broncos Fangio "We had to work for everything offensively." #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think we're gonna win. Our defense is very good and I think Teddy B will be solid.
    Lamar presents unique challenges. How to keep him from going off with his legs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    We’re going to have to commit to stopping the run…… meaning we’re going to have to force him to beat us with his arm. This is a game where we should see a lot of man coverage probably…… but with that you really don’t want to have the secondary in a position where there backs are always turned on Lamar.

This is going to be a great test though and I cannot wait.

Against Lamar I would mostly Rush 3 and have a 4th spy. I would clog the middle of the field and double up the TE and Hollywood. Lamar is not the best with the long balls or timing.

So I would shut their run down as much as possible. Shut it down! Then plug the middle and let him try and beat you deep. I do not think he can. Extra attention to the TE Andrews and if possible Brown.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    We’re going to have to commit to stopping the run…… meaning we’re going to have to force him to beat us with his arm. This is a game where we should see a lot of man coverage probably…… but with that you really don’t want to have the secondary in a position where there backs are always turned on Lamar.
    Yes, but how? On passing plays, he can seem not to be a threat, and then rip off a huge chunk. Every play is a QB draw or rollout that he could tuck and run. Generic defense will get gashed.

I'm wondering how they stop it--is it just a dedicated spy? Or is it different--so that there's no one guy tasked with QB contain.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Yes, but how? On passing plays, he can seem not to be a threat, and then rip off a huge chunk. Every play is a QB draw or rollout that he could tuck and run. Generic defense will get gashed.

I'm wondering how they stop it--is it just a dedicated spy? Or is it different--so that there's no one guy tasked with QB contain.
    To add to that thought I would not have any of the rush guys go around. He will burn that way. Everyone always plays contain. Cant let Lamar escape the pocket. We have been gashed by that with the giants Qb and the jags QB. So no rushing around.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    To add to that thought I would not have any of the rush guys go around. He will burn that way. Everyone always plays contain. Cant let Lamar escape the pocket. We have been gashed by that with the giants Qb and the jags QB. So no rushing around.
    Makes sense. But when Lamar actually does throw, how elusive is he in the pocket? Does he lock onto his progressions and make easy work for the pass rusher?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I should know better than to venture into the GameDay thread. Especially during the game.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The Lions held him & the Ravens' O to just 19 points, 16 if Tucker wouldn't have made that record setting FG. I'd start off by studying what a D that hadn't held an opposing O to under 35 points this year did to accomplish this.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information