Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tim Patrick a #1 or a #2 receiver?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    it stands for Dtim Vpatrick Ogets Apaid.
    This checks out.

Tim Patrick went from a solid #2 receiver to starting to get national recognition for his flawless performance on the field. The guy catches everything and he’s started to get attention. He should be our #1 receiver if we had to choose between him and Sutton going forward...
    Last edited by Strafen; 11-13-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafen View Post
    Tim Patrick went from a solid #2 receiver to starting to get national recognition for his flawless performance on the field. The guy catches everything and he’s started to get attention. He should be our #1 quarterback if we had to choose between him and Sutton going forward...
    Oh yeah? you think Patrick and Sutton have better arms than teddy and lock?

But nah really I think a lot of you are just saying Patrick because he’s been the flavor of the year. Seems like people forgetting how dominant Sutton was pre injury and the fact that once he makes it through this season without any issues he’s coming back next year the courtland we saw before the injury but better. Sutton was legit cooking shit in the NFL. It’s a tough decision because both aren’t going to be here long term but aslong as Sutton keeps playing and finishes the season in good health with the knees or what not then I’m riding with him because the dude is a beast and this year you can tell he’s just working his way back, building the trust in the knee and getting better. By like week 14 you’ll probably see Sutton numbers take off a bit aslong as the QB gets him the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Oh yeah? you think Patrick and Sutton have better arms than teddy and lock?

But nah really I think a lot of you are just saying Patrick because he’s been the flavor of the year. Seems like people forgetting how dominant Sutton was pre injury and the fact that once he makes it through this season without any issues he’s coming back next year the courtland we saw before the injury but better. Sutton was legit cooking shit in the NFL. It’s a tough decision because both aren’t going to be here long term but aslong as Sutton keeps playing and finishes the season in good health with the knees or what not then I’m riding with him because the dude is a beast and this year you can tell he’s just working his way back, building the trust in the knee and getting better. By like week 14 you’ll probably see Sutton numbers take off a bit aslong as the QB gets him the ball
    It’s really a toss up. Sutton has a flair for the spectacular. That guy can make some catches that blows anyone away. He’s really good no doubt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They should both give Broncos a hometown discount and stay in Denva.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    What does DVOA mean?
    Oh this is good shit. Jaded gets all excited about a player, then the nerds find him and…so much confusion.

Patrick is a nice player. He’s not Jeudy and he’s not Sutton, and hopefully the Broncos don’t get sucked in to thinking he’s better.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You’d think geeks would be better at explaining their stats.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

What does DVOA mean?
    It is a type keyboard where the R and K buttons have fallen off and caps lock has become stuck.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Gyldenlove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain

What does DVOA mean?
    Dick Victories Over Attempts.

Skeet skeet..

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived ZiziLaboi For This Post:

What does DVOA mean?
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

What is DVOA?

THE ULTRA-SHORT VERSION:
    DVOA measures a team's (or player’s) efficiency by comparing success on every single play to a league average based on situation and opponent.

THE SHORT VERSION:
    DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: Five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mozzafiato For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzafiato View Post
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

What is DVOA?

THE ULTRA-SHORT VERSION:
    DVOA measures a team's (or player’s) efficiency by comparing success on every single play to a league average based on situation and opponent.

THE SHORT VERSION:
    DVOA is a method of evaluating teams, units, or players. It takes every single play during the NFL season and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation. DVOA measures not just yardage, but yardage towards a first down: Five yards on third-and-4 are worth more than five yards on first-and-10 and much more than five yards on third-and-12. Red zone plays are worth more than other plays. Performance is also adjusted for the quality of the opponent. DVOA is a percentage, so a team with a DVOA of 10.0% is 10 percent better than the average team, and a quarterback with a DVOA of -20.0% is 20 percent worse than the average quarterback. Because DVOA measures scoring, defenses are better when they are negative. For more detail, read below.
    Yup DVOA gives a lot of context

What I respect about Tim Patrick is he went from a stiff straight line glider to a guy that uses his hands to fight against press and he's developed that rare ability in WRs to separate his upper body from his legs when he turns to look back for the ball or when he's on top of his stem and about to cut.

I always respect self made players that work hard at their craft and Patrick is that and then some. He would put up obscene numbers with a real QB.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Helios For This Post:

Tim Patrick has that Rod Smith work ethic about him. He has worked his butt off every year he has been here and improved a great deal during that time. It has been fun watching him get better every week the past 2 years. I don't know what his ceiling is, but it is much higher that I used to think it was. If I had to pick between Sutton and Patrick, I would pick Patrick. He isn't as explosive, but he is more efficient, and will get similar production for less cap money. Plus the way Patrick keeps improving, he could end up being a better and more complete WR in the long run. Both players are getting paid this offseason, and they both deserve it.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

21. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Just heard that the broncos signed Patrick to a 3-year, 30 million extension.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information