Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tim Patrick a #1 or a #2 receiver?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No.

I think he’d struggle as a full time No. 2. I think he’s a good No. 3. We’ve never seen how he would handle the full load of a bracketed defense. He has had the luxury of Jeudy and Sutton taking all of the double coverage when he’s had to fill in for injuries.
    He was essentially our #1 last year. Jeudy got many more targets and was the leading receiver in yards, but not by much. Patrick caught every ball thrown to him and gets open against coverage. He led the team in receiving TDs. He’s faster than people think. I’d love to keep him, but I don’t think we will for the reasons above. I think he will excel on another team as a #2. He really is Courtland Sutton lite.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No.

I think he’d struggle as a full time No. 2. I think he’s a good No. 3. We’ve never seen how he would handle the full load of a bracketed defense. He has had the luxury of Jeudy and Sutton taking all of the double coverage when he’s had to fill in for injuries.
    Em, dunno Smo. I dont see too many #3's rack up almost 800 yds of receiving with up and down QB play. I think #2 is about right considering where we are QB wise right now.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    He was essentially our #1 last year. Jeudy got many more targets and was the leading receiver in yards, but not by much. Patrick caught every ball thrown to him and gets open against coverage. He led the team in receiving TDs. He’s faster than people think. I’d love to keep him, but I don’t think we will for the reasons above. I think he will excel on another team as a #2. He really is Courtland Sutton lite.
    No. Jeudy was the one. Defenses were scheming him out of the game and Patrick was wide open or in one on one all the time. If that coverage evens up or is shifted to him, I don’t think he performs like a No. 2. I think he’s No. 3 in a good offense and maybe No. 2 in a bad offense, which is what he was last year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think he’s No. 3 in a good offense and maybe No. 2 in a bad offense, which is what he was last year.
    There you have it. He's a #2.5 receiver.

I think he's a legit #2 personally because of his measurables and NFL reliability. Maybe not the chick you wanted to take to prom but then you find out she's not annoying and has other redeeming qualities....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    There you have it. He's a #2.5 receiver.

I think he's a legit #2 personally because of his measurables and NFL reliability. Maybe not the chick you wanted to take to prom but then you find out she's not annoying and has other redeeming qualities....
    You callin’ my newly adopted Bronco a “butter face”?

I can live with that…

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He reminds me of T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

So he's ideally a three, arguably a number two, and you'd never want him to be your one.

I think he's more of a middling/weak two and a strong three.

Teams did choose last year to let him be the one that had the weaker assignments. I dunno, there's a decent argument he's a two. I just don't believe it. It's reasonable.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

We have all watched him develop over the years, and he has worked his butt off and is a legit #2. He will get paid well this offseason and deserves every dollar. Can he be a legit #1? We haven't seen that from him quite yet, but he has the talent and work ethic. If he keeps trending the way he has been he might get there.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

13. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

He reminds me of Rod Tidwell. Show me the money!

Quote Originally Posted by chanesaw View Post
    We have all watched him develop over the years, and he has worked his butt off and is a legit #2. He will get paid well this offseason and deserves every dollar. Can he be a legit #1? We haven't seen that from him quite yet, but he has the talent and work ethic. If he keeps trending the way he has been he might get there.
    Hi Chane!!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Hi!!
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think it will be like Shaq Barrett. He is not going to start here. He wants to start! He will sign with a team like the pats or falcons or bills imo.
    Shaq was a tough loss

19. The Following User High Fived Bronco Yoda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think it will be like Shaq Barrett. He is not going to start here. He wants to start! He will sign with a team like the pats or falcons or bills imo.
    This is my fear as well.

He is a 2 and should be starting, but we will let him walk because of 40 times and potential and other such nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

I meant in terms of situation. I do not think Tim is anywhere as good as Shaq is to their respective positions. That said Tim is pretty good. I would still trade him for a 2nd personally, even now with JJ out I would. That 2 is sooo much more valuable to our team imo. LB, Pass Rusher. Ammo for Watson/Rodgers trade....

I like the guy but he is worth more to someone else than he is to us. JMO. Still glad he is a bronco and I have him in a FF league or two. I think I have KJ going off this week though.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Patrick is a 3, and he deserves to go elsewhere and get his bag of cash and his reps! At the end of the year I’d trade him for a high 2nd round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    This is my fear as well.

He is a 2 and should be starting, but we will let him walk because of 40 times and potential and other such nonsense.
    Tim Patrick runs a 4.47 40 time at 6’4”, 212#. He’s not slow. He has as much deep speed as Jeudy or Sutton. He doesn’t have the short area quickness Jeudy does but he’s not slow. And he has better hands.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information